GWT: Champions League Semi-Finals

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Maaaan, I know Atletico can and probably will get that away goal next week.

Going to be a heartbreaker.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
we gunna sit hummels for that you think?

I hope not

Losing a world-class German talent for absolutely no reason is shameful.

Especially considering they threw 30mio+salary down the drain acquiring Benatia.

Anyway, I didn't even bring him up, rest easy. We have bigger fish to fry - like to ensure Alonso doesn't play the home leg. :laugh:

Didn't you always hate on Kroos for being soft when he was at Bayern? Or was that just Schweinsteiger?

Jan 3, 2012
Neuer deserved it, and I really, really dislike Benatia - that lumbering, injury prone oaf, so I don't really care what happens to him. :laugh:

If anyone is a lumbering oaf it's Muller.

Man that guy looks so unathletic it's amazing how good he is

he runs like my sister

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Didn't you always hate on Kroos for being soft when he was at Bayern? Or was that just Schweinsteiger?
Just that overrated, overexposed, overpaid "midfield" ""legend"" who can't stay healthy.

In the role that Kroos plays you don't expect him to be tough or hard-nosed (and in fact he's improved at Madrid, like most 23-24 year olds do, they improve). He's really intelligent and calm, him and Gotze ahead of Martinez could've been magical next to one another.

If anyone is a lumbering oaf it's Muller.

Man that guy looks so unathletic it's amazing how good he is

he runs like my sister
We should sign your sister

Jan 3, 2012
Just that overrated, overexposed, overpaid "midfield" ""legend"" who can't stay healthy.

In the role that Kroos plays you don't expect him to be tough or hard-nosed (and in fact he's improved at Madrid, like most 23-24 year olds do, they improve). He's really intelligent and calm, him and Gotze ahead of Martinez could've been magical next to one another.

We should sign your sister

she was terrible

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Rough time to not be more clinical. Tall order, considering it's kinda hard to see Bayern keep Atleti of the score sheet entirely. We created a lot more than I anticipated, so there's some ground for hope, but it's obviously dimmed. Kudos, Atletico.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Great match Atletico, they were the one team on the pitch that played like they knew what to do, how to do it and where they're supposed to be.

Bayern looked a mess, misplayed passes, completely clueless movements, etc. Second half was more classic AwayBayern, totally toothless and U-shaped as the poster above said.

We're onto Munich.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I expected Atletico to go through as I stated and I still do. Bayern was unimpressive against Juve, unimpressive against Benfica and could have been out both legs against seriously less talented opponents.
This Atletico team knows how to defend possession teams and is always a good bet to score a goal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Great match Atletico, they were the one team on the pitch that played like they knew what to do, how to do it and where they're supposed to be.

Bayern looked a mess, misplayed passes, completely clueless movements, etc. Second half was more classic AwayBayern, totally toothless and U-shaped as the poster above said.

We're onto Munich.

...you don't almost score three times by being totally toothless...

Athletico played great, Pep made his usual big match mistakes by putting too much faith in Xabi and being too conservative. But there was goals in this match for bayern if they put one of those headers where it should've gone or Costa had taken his chance like he's capable of.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
...you don't almost score three times by being totally toothless...

Between the matches Atletico had against Barca and Real, Bayern seemed like the toothiest by a fair margin.

Not that it helped the result. But some of the rhetorics are a tad sensationalist.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Alaba bloother, and a couple half-chances against an elite keeper?

For all that possession, 3 attempts on net is not so impressive.

I actually forgot about the alaba shot. Either of those headers could've gone in, and Costa's chance was one we've seen him take plenty of times. Those are were 3 genuine chances outside of the alaba shot.

Between the matches Atletico had against Barca and Real, Bayern seemed like the toothiest by a fair margin.

Not that it helped the result. But some of the rhetorics are a tad sensationalist.

The bolded was my only issue with his post.

Jan 3, 2012
Bayern will solve all their problems by buying Dortmund's best players for less than their worth and then releasing a statement about how they want a competitive bundesliga.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

Agreed, although, aside from the CL games, Barca's had Atleti's number ever since Lucho came on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad