GWT: Champions League Semi-Finals

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Real with the easiest route to the CL final ever and yet still managed to unimpress in almost every game... :shakehead

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
City might be the worst semi finalist in recent memory, and this definitely was one of the worst CL semi finals I've ever seen

Seemed more like watching a friendly than a game with so much on the line

Thank God at least Real managed to score once and we don't have to endure this for another 30 mins

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Real with the easiest route to the CL final ever and yet still managed to unimpress in almost every game... :shakehead

Yep. Big advantage to have the home match second for the sixth consecutive round. Definitely fodder for the UEFA conspiracy theorists.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'll take it, Madrid out of form and still makes the CL finals. haters gon hate.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Manchester City looking like Norwich City in those two games absolutely pathetic, can't remember a CL 1/2 finalist that bad. We should have a great final though. The Europa has been much more interesting this year and many more quality games as well. Bizarre.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah only 2 shots on target (both games). what a terrible performance.
as much as i like Real, if they dont bring in the final, Atletico will run them over.
and if they do bring it, they'll still have to outsmart Atleticos coaching. its gonna be hard, but im expecting a good game, being rivals.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can we talk about Sergio Ramos' haircut? An absolutely ridiculous looking human.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bayern didn't kill Juve, Benfica or Atletico and they wouldn't have killed Real either.
Juve was a good matchup but IIRC Bayern were depleted at the time. Benfica was handled well, but those kinda teams are hard to discern because it's a huge match for them with nothing to lose and not at all similar for the bigger team. Atletico crushed Bayern in the first leg but were crushed in the second leg in return. Don't think I'm being a homer here, I gave and give every bit of credit to Atletico - truly a spectacular team and performance.

I think Real has been worse than Juve and Atletico and in the final, with a healthy lineup - Bayern would've chopped them up like they attempted against Atletico. Their midfield is disorganized and their defense not exactly a wall.

Real are terrible looking right now.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Juve was a good matchup but IIRC Bayern were depleted at the time. Benfica was handled well, but those kinda teams are hard to discern because it's a huge match for them with nothing to lose and not at all similar for the bigger team. Atletico crushed Bayern in the first leg but were crushed in the second leg in return. Don't think I'm being a homer here, I gave and give every bit of credit to Atletico - truly a spectacular team and performance.

I think Real has been worse than Juve and Atletico and in the final, with a healthy lineup - Bayern would've chopped them up like they attempted against Atletico. Their midfield is disorganized and their defense not exactly a wall.

Real are terrible looking right now.

Real Madrid wouldn't be 'chopped up' in the final under any circumstances and Bayern weren't that impressive in the knockout round themselves. You're being quite delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad