GWT: Champions League Semi-Finals

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
French media trying to glorify Zidane as a great coach because he reached the CL final :laugh:

Some thing never change... :shakehead
They'll never criticize Zizou.

At this point, I think he's firmly in the overrated category of former players and his awful headbutt to cost his country and teammates the World fkn Cup has been entirely forgiven and at times even celebrated.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
His record at club level is very average considering for who he played.
1 league title in his last 8 years at Juventus and Real combined. But overall he was great for a good 10+ years which is quite rare for a midfielder.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
They'll never criticize Zizou.

At this point, I think he's firmly in the overrated category of former players and his awful headbutt to cost his country and teammates the World fkn Cup has been entirely forgiven and at times even celebrated.

But Materazzi deserved it!!!

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Zidane should get little to no credit.

His substitutions have been bad.

Why would you take off Isco for Hamez to defend a lead? Especially in the cold form the latter is in.

Why would you sub on an inexperienced Kovacic period - let alone over Modric who was the engine to their midfield all night.

At that point you should've subbed off Ronaldo who wasn't creating anything all night and a hindrance defensively.

Zidane got very lucky - he IMO is a very flawed tactician and Madrid can do better. Heck, I'd take Rafa over him.

Modric was tired

James has had a ****** season overall but in the last few games he has been playing well

Zidane has generally made good and timely subs as a RM coach

And he outcoached Lucho in the latest Clasico

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I don't. It is just that, outside of Benzema, you never have anything positive to say about RMCF.
What positive is there to say really? They have an awful president, they have had hated coaches except Ancelotti for a while, they have a very hated star player, and they buy new toys every summer, regardless of the price, of the necessity of it.
Finally, all that money is spent and the final product on the field is putrid (compared to the cost).

So once again, apart from Real fans, who can say anything positive?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
What positive is there to say really? They have an awful president, they have had hated coaches except Ancelotti for a while, they have a very hated star player, and they buy new toys every summer, regardless of the price, of the necessity of it.
Finally, all that money is spent and the final product on the field is putrid (compared to the cost).

This is music to my ears

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I read that Spanish teams have eliminated English teams from CL 12 of the last 13 times. And that one time, of course, was Barcelona-Chelsea in 2012.

That's accurate, although it does cut the 2009 season in half to exclude the R16 victory of Liverpool over Real and the QF victory of Arsenal over Villareal.

It's a tiny bit misleading since the only time it hasn't been Barca or Real in that time was Atleti over Chelsea 2 years ago and Arsenal over Villareal in 2009. So it's not like La Liga is lighting up the EPL in the CL. It's that RM and Barca are...which they've done to basically everyone the last several years.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Anyone who is objective can find positive things to say from time to time. You are just hating on RMCF all the time. I mean, it doesn't matter, but, yeah, you're a hater ;)

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That's accurate, although it does cut the 2009 season in half to exclude the R16 victory of Liverpool over Real and the QF victory of Arsenal over Villareal.

It's a tiny bit misleading since the only time it hasn't been Barca or Real in that time was Atleti over Chelsea 2 years ago and Arsenal over Villareal in 2009. So it's not like La Liga is lighting up the EPL in the CL. It's that RM and Barca are...which they've done to basically everyone the last several years.

Spanish clubs are doing VERY well in EL.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Anyone who is objective can find positive things to say from time to time. You are just hating on RMCF all the time. I mean, it doesn't matter, but, yeah, you're a hater ;)

Well I do, I think Varane is gold, Marcelo's pretty good, and Benzema's workrate is great. Modric's good, James also, Isco I love.

But they don't play great football together right now :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Guardiola blamed his med staff again for the semifinal loss.
I read a stat that before his arrival Bayern had the lowest injury day per team in the BL. For the last 3 years Bayern have had the most injury per team in the CL.
If true that says a lot.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
So Guardiola blamed his med staff again for the semifinal loss.
I read a stat that before his arrival Bayern had the lowest injury day per team in the BL. For the last 3 years Bayern have had the most injury per team in the CL.
If true that says a lot.

It says a lot that a locker room argument was once again leaked to the press. That's why Guardiola is leaving Bayern: too many people trying to undermine him in his view.

But I agree that he deserves criticism for how his training contributes to injuries.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think Madrid are a shadow of what they could be - and I love and rate many of their players. Ronaldo, Isco, Benzema, my favourite player Kroos, Modric, Bale, etc.

They just look like **** and it kinda pleases me.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It says a lot that a locker room argument was once again leaked to the press. That's why Guardiola is leaving Bayern: too many people trying to undermine him in his view.

But I agree that he deserves criticism for how his training contributes to injuries.
They have a mole problem, I guess many people in Bayern's hallways do not like Pep, but it's not why he's leaving.

He's leaving because the Man City project is more prestigious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad