GWT: Champions League Semi-Finals

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I mean really he did.....

Dude was an all time loser.
The biggest loser on that pitch was Zidane and the losers are those who will defend violent, unnatural conduct in the face of alleged verbal abuse.

Stone age mentality; what Zidane did was utterly shameless and to see people celebrate it only perpetuates the meme that ignorant people are prone to, and will resort to violence for any reason. Headbutts, like biting, does not belong in football or anywhere else in society.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
The biggest loser on that pitch was Zidane and the losers are those who will defend violent, unnatural conduct in the face of alleged verbal abuse.

Stone age mentality; what Zidane did was utterly shameless and to see people celebrate it only perpetuates the meme that ignorant people are prone to, and will resort to violence for any reason. Headbutts, like biting, does not belong in football or anywhere else in society.
How would you react if someone insulted your mother and sister?

It's very easy to say you would have kept your cool

Zidane defended his honor and his family's

I approve

Call me a loser

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Who cares about honor? lol

Maybe I would have felt some sympathy for him if he had headbutted an opponent who had recklessly or intentionally injured a teammate, but some nasty words about my mother? lol

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg

I approve

Call me a loser
Zidane did not defend any "honor", but came across as an utter idiot. Materazzi's provocation was already primitive, but Zidane could go even lower. Thus he became a mere pawn in Materazzi's game.

If my son were a grown man, but could not react to words with only words, I would be ashamed, since my education would have failed. He would indeed be a loser, something I aspire to prevent.

Gruß,
BSHH

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
ZZ heard that (insults, trash talk) all throughout his career. Why would he ask for a red card in the WC final, in the last game of his career?
It was stupid and selfish, something he's always been.

That doesn't change the fact he was an amazing player, but more beautiful to watch than efficient.
He'll never have the efficiency of a Platini for instance.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

I approve

Call me a loser
Only losers "lose their cool" when they hear insults.

BSHH and Deficient mode put it best, it's the sign of an ignorant, unevolved, shameless person to resort to violence in the face of minor provocation - the kind we've all heard for years in the schoolyard and elsewhere, when we were ignorant, unevolved, shameless children. It's pathetic. It's unbecoming of a person in society.

I get irrationally upset when I think about how many people approve of this clownish violence. Zidane is a clown, and if people are going to worship that headbutt, they're clowns too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Only excuse I could find to ZZ is that he was tired, in extra time, at an old age and he probably lost his focus.
But he never acknowledged it. He never felt sorry for that. He was stupid.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
One thing I can give to Evilo is that he's consistent on his hatred towards certain players. He never liked Maradona, Ronaldo, Zidane. See the trend, players that have presonality issues. I join his view a bit though, totally dislike Ronaldo, don't care about Zidane althoug I liked him a lot earlier before he moved to Real, but maradona was my childhood hero. Can never dislike him.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

I approve

Call me a loser

There comes a point (usually around age 18, tops) where you have to be an adult and not assault someone because you don't like something they said.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Easier said than done

If you insult my family I'm gonna make sure you'll remember me
If that's what your fuss is all about, be assured: Materazzi definitely remembers Zidane very well - as the laughable loser he was!

Gruß,
BSHH

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Easier said than done

Gtfo out of here. Making fun of someone's mother/sister/wife happens all the time. The fact that he didn't have composure in a world Cup final is embarrassing. It sure as he'll wasn't the first time someone has ever said something along the lines of that to him.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Easier said than done

Another person's words are only as powerful as you let them be. If you really want to knock someone down a few pegs, just make it clear that they/what they say don't matter to you.

Seems we've reached a stalemate.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think it's a cultural thing TBH. Personally, given Zizou's age he should've kept his cool but I see where he's coming from.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
What positive is there to say really? They have an awful president, they have had hated coaches except Ancelotti for a while, they have a very hated star player, and they buy new toys every summer, regardless of the price, of the necessity of it.
Finally, all that money is spent and the final product on the field is putrid (compared to the cost).

So once again, apart from Real fans, who can say anything positive?

Can't stand Real but I do like Keylor Navas. To perform the way he has this season after what (almost) happened at last summer's transfer deadline is extremely admirable. Classic underdog story at arguably the most famous club in the world. Even more so considering where he came from and his height compared to the ideal goalkeeper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad