GWT: Champions League - Round of 16

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
fallen order how
Serie A team is probably the favorite, at least in my opinion. I really like Napoli to make a run.
Napoli is easily the best Italian team this year, so fun to watch and they have a competitive streak; I had my doubts when Spalletti was appointed but he has proved me wrong.

Milan has a few super players but they are lacking depth

Inter is solid defensively but like their neighbors they can be seriously anemic on the offensive end

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is how I expected City to look --- near every match -- this year. KdB played angry, one of the best crossing / distance off-footer I watch today.
RB played a pressure game early until Man City came at them with chance after chance after chance. Could have been 10 nil. Shame, after looking so good in the first leg.
Because City only care about UCL this year. They are apathetic (at best) about this PL, and they aren’t even trying to hide it.

Reactions: LOGiK

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
fallen order how

Napoli is easily the best Italian team this year, so fun to watch and they have a competitive streak; I had my doubts when Spalletti was appointed but he has proved me wrong.

Milan has a few super players but they are lacking depth

Inter is solid defensively but like their neighbors they can be seriously anemic on the offensive end

Napoli play the best of all but in Europe sometimes it's not enough, zero trust in Milan, Inter for me are the most dangerous. It depends on the draws, in any case all the teams left on paper are stronger than the Italians. I must say I would like a Milan-Inter derby.

Reactions: Power Man

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just watched the highlights.

Handball is technically correct, but it's a trash situation for VAR to get involved in. City had multiple chances after it and no one was complaining about it. It's just VAR searching for things to do.

The Ederson situation is a poor refereeing decision. It's not a red since the player was running away from goal and there was cover so it doesn't qualify as DOGSO, but it should be a clear yellow. To then hand out a dissent yellow immediately makes it significantly worse.

Pretty much how I feel about it. The VAR was right by the letter of the law, so Leipzig can't really complain about that...and Ederson never gets a red in that situation, but I'm still not sure how he didn't get a yellow.

Serie A team is probably the favorite, at least in my opinion. I really like Napoli to make a run.

Nah. Bayern, Real, and Citeh are the favorites even with 3 Serie A teams in the QF.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Pretty much how I feel about it. The VAR was right by the letter of the law, so Leipzig can't really complain about that...and Ederson never gets a red in that situation, but I'm still not sure how he didn't get a yellow.

Nah. Bayern, Real, and Citeh are the favorites even with 3 Serie A teams in the QF.

When I said Serie A, I meant more so that I look at Napoli as the favourite. Real Madrid is just good vibes and horseshoes in the right spot in this competition at the moment.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When I said Serie A, I meant more so that I look at Napoli as the favourite. Real Madrid is just good vibes and horseshoes in the right spot in this competition at the moment.

Yeah Napoli definitely aren't favorites. Not saying they couldn't pull it off, but it'll be surprising if they beat the three I mentioned.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well yeah. They were already winners of the Premier League. But of course, Haaland isn't actually an improvement, so maybe they bought him because they were tired of winning the Premier League.
It’s all about UCL for them this season. Pep knows that (rightfully or wrongfully) he needs to win one for his legacy, and including what Haaland is saying, it’s been all about UCL for them this season. The PL isn’t a priority for them this year, at least compared to UCL. That’s how the players have been talking about it too.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Napoli play the best of all but in Europe sometimes it's not enough, zero trust in Milan, Inter for me are the most dangerous. It depends on the draws, in any case all the teams left on paper are stronger than the Italians. I must say I would like a Milan-Inter derby.
IMHO, Napoli will struggle vs teams that have experience at this level of the competition - Real or Liverpool, Bayern, City (even if they haven't won it yet, they are more seasoned than Napoli in the CL)

But you never know, surprises can happen

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Well this certainly is a choice. If your midfield sucks ass only pick two of them.

I don’t think it’s a choice I Think that’s all they’ve got left

What happened to the Spanish kid?
He’s hurt after being over played. Maybe back in a month or two? Did his adductor. Most obvious imminent injury since Diogo Jota in the second half vs Man City

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad