GWT: Champions League - Round of 16

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I believe Porto was better than Inter in 3 of 4 halves , but it means nothing if a goal can’t be scored.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I know, which is why you saying it's sad is a little self-serving.

I've read the reasoning. It didn't make the take any less silly.
It’s sad because any time Haaland gets a multi goal game he comes up. I have never seen him post otherwise. Why he’s obsessed with this comment over my posts regarding Haaland who I’ve praised numerous times is beyond me. He’s an arsenal fan too so I’m just confused.

Call it silly all you like Haaland is a freak and fun to watch when he’s scoring and bullying defenders however my concerns with him playing in a set up like city’s are valid and have come up during the season.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
With participants clubs starting to shape up, QF matchups I'd like to see:

Chelsea - Benfica (Enzo reunion)
Manchester City - Napoli (should be nice football)
Milan - Bayern
Real Madrid - Inter

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It’s sad because any time Haaland gets a multi goal game he comes up. I have never seen him post otherwise. Why he’s obsessed with this comment over my posts regarding Haaland who I’ve praised numerous times is beyond me. He’s an arsenal fan too so I’m just confused.

Call it silly all you like Haaland is a freak and fun to watch when he’s scoring and bullying defenders however my concerns with him playing in a set up like city’s are valid and have come up during the season.
They are valid and people didn't come counter them when Haaland was more detrimental than useful over the last two months.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Leipzig completely collapsed after the second goal. Pk was a joke but not surprised it was given. Even with Leipzig missing a few key players when city plays like they can nobody is beating them except for Real Madrid as even when they get dominated they somehow find a way to win

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Teams that are already vastly superior shouldn't be given free pens and avoid red cards just because of who they are.
Disgusting.

With no pen and a red card, game would have been different.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
A red card would have been too much, there were a couple of defenders around Ederson. But the ref's decision was stupid.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:laugh: I love how insecure EPLol fans are. It's ok, maybe if you guys spend another couple billion euros you'll figure out what you're doing.

Unbelievable is an overstatement. They were harsh, but rules are rules :dunno:
For some yeah.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
For some yeah.

Those handballs have been getting called all year. If you look in the BuLi thread, I was complaining about an even softer pen being given in Union's favor on the weekend. I don't like the way they are calling it, which is why I complained even though it was in our favor, but they have been pretty consistent with it.

Ederson should've gotten a yellow.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Teams that are already vastly superior shouldn't be given free pens and avoid red cards just because of who they are.
Disgusting.

With no pen and a red card, game would have been different.
It’s been going on in football forever. There was a former EPL ref who admitted he always favored United when they were home under Alex Ferguson

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Pep does Messi a solid by subbing Haaland off before he can break his record for most goals in a Champions League game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just watched the highlights.

Handball is technically correct, but it's a trash situation for VAR to get involved in. City had multiple chances after it and no one was complaining about it. It's just VAR searching for things to do.

The Ederson situation is a poor refereeing decision. It's not a red since the player was running away from goal and there was cover so it doesn't qualify as DOGSO, but it should be a clear yellow. To then hand out a dissent yellow immediately makes it significantly worse.

Reactions: cgf

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This is how I expected City to look --- near every match -- this year. KdB played angry, one of the best crossing / distance off-footer I watch today.
RB played a pressure game early until Man City came at them with chance after chance after chance. Could have been 10 nil. Shame, after looking so good in the first leg.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad