GWT: Champions League - Round of 16

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
European football is back! For the first leg, Bayern head to Paris, while London get to face arch-nemesis Olivier Giroud. We get a non-big 5 league match up with Brugge hosting Benfica, while Chelsea obviated a Tuchel derby by firing the poor lad, and keeps Auba from returning to the Rhineland. In the second week, we get a fun replay and a chance for European nights at Anfield to refresh the Scousers, while Man City heads to Leipzig wondering what their penalties may be. Napoli plays a couple Americans in Frankfurt, while Porto joins Tottenham in a trip to Milan.

Ministerial notes: Leg 2 will be added here as well, but I imagine we'll be using a different thread for the QF.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CST)Venue
Paris Saint-GermainBayern MunichTues., Feb. 14, 2:00 PMParc des Princes
AC MilanTottenham HotspurTues., Feb. 14, 2:00 PMSan Siro
Club BruggeSL BenficaWed., Feb. 15, 2:00 PMJan Breydel Stadium
Borussia DortmundChelseaWed., Feb. 15, 2:00 PMWestfalenstadion
LiverpoolReal MadridTues., Feb. 21, 2:00 PMAnfield
Eintracht FrankfurtSSC NapoliTues., Feb. 21, 2:00 PMDeutsche Bank Park
RB LeipzigManchester CityWed., Feb. 22, 2:00 PMRed Bull Arena Leipzig
Internazionale MilanFC PortoWed., Feb. 22, 2:00 PMSan Siro

HomeAwayTime and Date (CST)Venue
ChelseaBorussia DortmundTues., Mar. 7, 2:00 PMStamford Bridge
SL BenficaClub BruggeTues., Mar. 7, 2:00 PMEstadio da Luz
Bayern MunichParis Saint-GermainWed., Mar. 8, 2:00 PMAllianz Arena
Tottenham HotspurAC MilanWed., Mar. 8, 2:00 PMTottenham Stadium
FC PortoInternazionale MilanTues., Mar. 14, 3:00 PMEstadio do Dragao
Manchester CityRB LeipzigTues., Mar. 14, 3:00 PMThe Etihad
SSC NapoliEintracht FrankfurtWed., Mar. 15, 3:00 PMStadio Diego Armando Maradona
Real MadridLiverpoolWed., Mar. 15, 3:00 PMSantiago Bernabeu

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Last week Spurs are off a big win and Milan hadn’t won in seven matches and I was confident.

Then this past weekend Tottenham look like a championship level club and Milan get a win. I have a feeling that Giroud is going to be a killer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG is going to be played off the pitch. As I said, I don't even believe they'll win L1 at this point.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So many of these teams have fallen off the cliff since the World Cup. No one is in amazing form except for like Napoli. Honestly believe Benfica could have made a run if they kept Enzo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So many of these teams have fallen off the cliff since the World Cup. No one is in amazing form except for like Napoli. Honestly believe Benfica could have made a run if they kept Enzo
Which makes his move even dumber. Kid went to get paid that’s it.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Enzo has done remarkably well considering he has Cucurella on his left and two guys who shouldn’t be in the 18 atm next to him at CM.

Goes without saying but I imagine he will fare much better when we have some better pieces around him, or just some fitter ones

Anyways Razz didn’t travel which sucks, because I don’t think Madueke and Mudryk are more than 60-65 minute guys. And ziyech sucks.

Hard to even wonder what the team will look like. Are Fofana, Pulisic, Kovacic, Chilwell healthy? If so, they should all start.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Finally felt like Potter handled the media with the right balance today. Showed some conviction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad