• Dal in 6

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
This one is for DeBoer’s five d men usage.
IMG_0094.gif

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
This loss has to be incredibly demoralizing for the Stars. They threw their best shot at us, took a 3-0 lead, and then gave up 4 in a row. And it's only game 1.
Thursday is a new day. They’ll be told to forget and move on, and honestly that’s what you have to do. Focus on the next game. We’ve been there. Both the TB and StL Game 5’s of the Cup run were bad losses, in our own building, and the team couldn’t dwell. Just had to move on.

We shall see what happens on Thursday night. I hope the Avs come out much better and stronger than they did to start the game tonight.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I know a lot of people didn't like the way they played in the first, but I have to disagree. Only allowing 3 scoring chances and no high dangers ones is a fantastic opening frame on the road. You just need to have your goalie make the damn saves.... and obviously not take a 5 on 3, Mikko.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Makar has been average defensively this playoffs.

But I couldn't give a rats ass because he's been our best player offensively. And honestly, with Georgiev in net Makar could be playing like prime Lidstrom defensively and it wouldn't make a huge difference.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Makar has been average defensively this playoffs.

But I couldn't give a rats ass because he's been our best player offensively. And honestly, with Georgiev in net Makar could be playing like prime Lidstrom defensively and it wouldn't make a huge difference.
He was very, very good defensively tonight to be fair. And obviously elite offensively. Tonight was actually vintage 2022 Cup run Makar. Bad news for Dallas if he's back.

This was basically Cale Makar tonight quite frankly.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I think the Stars will abandon the 5D moving forward, Heiskanen and Tanev in particular were clearly gassed tonight which led to a lot of chances for the Avs. I was surprised how they looked last night, I think they could have each used an extra couple of shifts off.

I would guess that’s the last time we see it this series, if Deboer is great at one thing it is adjusting mid-series when something is clearly getting exposed

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Georgi really is a Pandora’s box, just need him to play well enough to win and not lose games by himself. Last night in overtime I was panic every time the Stars shot the puck in the Avs zone.

If Avs get the Georgi that play goaltending like in the 3rd and OT is going to be a nice long playoffs run.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I look forward to the point where we receive no powerplays at all in a game and the whining goes from "refs give Colorado everything" to "refs don't give Colorado anything because it'll force them to play better"

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I think the Stars will abandon the 5D moving forward, Heiskanen and Tanev in particular were clearly gassed tonight which led to a lot of chances for the Avs. I was surprised how they looked last night, I think they could have each used an extra couple of shifts off.

I would guess that’s the last time we see it this series, if Deboer is great at one thing it is adjusting mid-series when something is clearly getting exposed
nah man 5 d is fine that team with all those cups and hall of famers did it

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

But they are also doing it because their fifth player sucks no?

Probably positive for us either way

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I went to bed after the first period to get another two hours of sleep before having to wake up for work. I woke up after third period but before OT so I got to watch the game winner live, pleasantly impressed by Miles Wood having a turning radius that made him not ram Oettinger.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
It's the same story every time. Opposing team gets all the calls, Refs play game management later and give them to the Avs, Avs capitalize on them and now they're the favored team by the refs. Meanwhile they play a game style that is endemic of high drawn penalties.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It's the same story every time. Opposing team gets all the calls, Refs play game management later and give them to the Avs, Avs capitalize on them and now they're the favored team by the refs. Meanwhile they play a game style that is endemic of high drawn penalties.
That's one part I don't understand, if you play high pressure and fast hockey, you tend to cause more penalties for the opponent. How is that unfair?? People think penalties should be called the same for both teams?!

avsfan2189

Jun 22, 2019
told y'all not to be scared of any team that has Duchene on it, literally cursed couldnt even hold a 3-0 lead and the manson 4-0 goal save was proof of it

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Lot of notes to take away from that game. I liked the way Georgiev battled. Goalies are always the worst when it comes to long breaks and he kept us in after the 1st. Good sign.

Also good news was the 1st line got going. Dallas doesn't have a Lowry line that they can throw at us. I think depth overall though the Star foward were better then our guys. If we can continue to have good puck retrieval and support in our zone I think we will be OK. The Stars were actively looking to establish a strong forcheck/cycle game on us which plays better to their older guys who can't keep up with us skating wise.

You can tell they're much more skilled and dangerous especially below the hashmarks compared to the Jets. DeBeor tried to make that game a dump and chase type game with the way he clogged the neutral zone and prevented too many odd man rushes. It was overall a pretty low event game.

It'll be interesting to see the adjustments for game 2. Can't let up, the team should be back in their playoff groove tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: missionAvs

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
How is Dallas going to abandon their 5D debacle? Play their AHL defensemen more? Sounds good to me!
It really points out the necessity of carefully managing the team’s contracts and making sure you have enough depth both on your D and in all four lines. That SC team had JMFJ and Bo step up when G went down. It’s the reason why I think teams like the TML do well each RS but then flame out in the POs.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Game 2 is going to be the battle of the 1-1-3 vs the Avs absolute refusal to dump and chase. From the mid point of the 3rd, Stars adjusted to just sit back and trap. The Avs go frustrated and made mistakes. This is what led to Dallas controlling the last half of the period and OT. I'd expect Dallas to heavily lean into this style for game 2 and try to counter attack the Avs. Avs will need to dump and chase or be especially proficient on the long stretch passes.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Game 2 is going to be the battle of the 1-1-3 vs the Avs absolute refusal to dump and chase. From the mid point of the 3rd, Stars adjusted to just sit back and trap. The Avs go frustrated and made mistakes. This is what led to Dallas controlling the last half of the period and OT. I'd expect Dallas to heavily lean into this style for game 2 and try to counter attack the Avs. Avs will need to dump and chase or be especially proficient on the long stretch passes.
Yup. Will need Georgie to not have a 3 goal period again(even if he finished the game playing quite well) and need to capitalize on the PP to keep them honest.

Reactions: GeoRox89

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
This was posted on the main board: Wood scored a goal real similar to the one he got last night in another 3-0 comeback against Dallas earlier this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad