Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

JBeast

Oct 22, 2007
Skellefteå
Really have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact Skelleftea, with that roster, is losing and being outplayed by Storhamar. What is wrong with those guys?

Also, they are playing 5 forwards on PP. You don't see that too often.

Not to take anything away from Storhamar, they played smart and solid. But Skellefteå played 2 crap games against Storhamar. I have yet too see Skellefteå play a good complete 60 minute game in CHL. And yes that includes the previous years they participated in the tournament.

To me it's no wonder there ´s barely any ppl in the homecrowd. It is like they don't care that much if they win or lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slimmy

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Frölunda made it really hard for themselves in last night's game. But they had a strong finish and managed to up their play when down by two. Think this will serve as a good lesson for the upcoming games.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
My Predictions:

Zug
vs RB Munich
Malmo vs Bern
Karpat vs ZSC Lions
RB Salzburg
vs Rouen
Tappara vs Kometa Brno
Frolunda
vs Lugano
Skelleftea vs Storhamar
HC Pilsen vs HC Bolzano
Didn't end that well for the Swiss side. Haha

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
3 swedish teams made it to qf. no other nations have that many teams in the qf. once again sweden is the best overall in champions league.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I'm not sure how much teams care about this tournament but anyways I'm shocked and happy to see the likes of Salzburg and Munchen come this way. The fact that they'll play each other is also very nice - while semifinal is good enough, one of them will go to final. I hope this tournament becomes a very important one for European hockey where teams do their best but I don't have my hopes high.

Reactions: adamnowek

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Two major upsets — Salzburg and Munich upset Kärpät and Malmö, respectively. The Bullenderby is happening.

In soccer the Austrians won both meetings against all odds, here it'd be something of an upset as well. Either way it's going to be the first time there'll be a German or an Austrian team in the CHL final as until now they haven't ever made it this far.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
I'm not sure how much teams care about this tournament but anyways I'm shocked and happy to see the likes of Salzburg and Munchen come this way. The fact that they'll play each other is also very nice - while semifinal is good enough, one of them will go to final. I hope this tournament becomes a very important one for European hockey where teams do their best but I don't have my hopes high.
I would say it's especially important for small countries like Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and Czechia that this becomes an established cup. Their teams will benefit greatly from the international exposure this cup gives when it comes to sponsorship deals. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of smaller domestic leagues are replaced by a continental league at some point (not the KHL for political reasons).

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
I would say it's especially important for small countries like Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and Czechia that this becomes an established cup. Their teams will benefit greatly from the international exposure this cup gives when it comes to sponsorship deals. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of smaller domestic leagues are replaced by a continental league at some point (not the KHL for political reasons).
I don't think so! This cup are not very popular in Sweden and Finland. Very low attendance etc.. The way to a continental league is very long.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
I don't think so! This cup are not very popular in Sweden and Finland. Very low attendance etc.. The way to a continental league is very long.

Not so sure about that statement mister bister.

In Finland media they write quite a lot about the tournament - but in Sweden (pretto-) media not that much.

Even though I find SHL (Swedish Elite League) at the moment more boring than never ever. And the crowds seems to see that too ...

So bring in some fresh air for Gods sake!

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Not so sure about that statement mister bister.

In Finland media they write quite a lot about the tournament - but in Sweden (pretto-) media not that much.

Even though I find SHL (Swedish Elite League) at the moment more boring than never ever. And the crowds seems to see that too ...

So bring in some fresh air for Gods sake!
Oh oh! ;)! When the SHL-Teams are succesful the swedish media write much about this. Do you think highly draftet prospects from Sweden and Finland give 100 % in this tournament(Most important is the performance in their domestic leagues)?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The CHL is not popular in mentioned countries at all. Even the CHL as a whole is not popular, they having second lowest attendance, only the first season was lower.

Clubs are paying the participation in the CHL by themselves, no new sponsorship deals.

No continental league in next decade. Only the KHL has the potential to become such a league.

Reactions: Ducks76

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I can't see the number of tickets sold but Frölunda looks close to sold out against Pilsen.
The game is played at Frölundaborg instead of their usual home arena - Scandinavium. They even played the CHL Final there :D

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
The game is played at Frölundaborg instead of their usual home arena - Scandinavium. They even played the CHL Final there :D
I know that they are playing at Frölundaborg. I think 6000 is a possible attendance, which isn't bad considering it's a weekday.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
They played in Frölundaborg in the finals because they don't own Scandinavium and there was another event being held there. I think you know this but as usual you're just being disingenuous, as always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
They played in Scandinavium in the finals because they don't own Scandinavium and there was another event being held there. I think you know this but as usual you're just being disingenuous, as always.
I will miss a fact that the first sentence does not make sense.

Scandinavium is free today.

Do you want to claim that Scandinavium has had other events all season? And Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin as well?
We all know the true reason. Eisbären used Mercedes-Benz Arena once this season. One would not believe it, but 4k fans came to the game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They played in Scandinavium in the finals because they don't own Scandinavium and there was another event being held there. I think you know this but as usual you're just being disingenuous, as always.

I assume you meant Frölundaborg. By another event I take it you mean the Disney On Ice? That's on Thursday but I assume it takes special preparations, including a clean ice so you can't have ads on it. I remember Hartwall Arena requiring a few off days before that show some years ago while Jokerit were still in Liiga and someone explaining it like that.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I assume you meant Frölundaborg. By another event I take it you mean the Disney On Ice? That's on Thursday but I assume it takes special preparations, including a clean ice so you can't have ads on it. I remember Hartwall Arena requiring a few off days before that show some years ago while Jokerit were still in Liiga and someone explaining it like that.
Yeah, thanks. I corrected it. If I remember correctly it was the Swedish Hockey Games tourney that was being played back then and as you say, the ads on the ice was the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad