Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Groups:

Group A: ZSC Lions Zurich (SUI), Vienna Capitals (AUT), Frölunda Indians (SWE), Aalborg Pirates (DEN).

Group B: Red Bull Munich (GER), TPS Turku (FIN), Malmö Redhawks (SWE), Yunost Minsk (BLR).

Group C: HC Bolzano (ITA), Skellefteå AIK (SWE), IFK Helsinki (FIN), GKS Tychy (POL).

Group D: Kometa Brno (CZE), EIsbären Berlin (GER), EV Zug (SUI), Neman Grodno (BLR).

Group E: Djurgården Stockholm (SWE), Tappara Tampere (FIN), Oceláři Třinec (CZE), Storhamar Hamar (NOR).

Group F: Kärpät Oulu (FIN), Mountfield HK (CZE), Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers (GER), Rouen Dragons (FRA).

Group G: Växjö Lakers (SWE), SC Bern (SUI), Red Bull Salzburg (AUT), Cardiff Devils (GBR).

Group H: JYP Jyväskylä (FIN), HC Pilsen (CZE), HC Lugano (SUI), HC05 Banská Bystrica (SVK).

Reactions: Marky1999

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
IFK got a nice group with at least two beatable teams although I've said this before in previous CHL groups. I'll ppick up a tickets for the Bolzano game since I lived in Italy before and will enjoy hearing the Italian fans speaking; I was hoping for Berlin since it would have given me a chance to visit the brother there.

The other Finnish teams have tough groups with at least two strong challengers; Djurgården - Tampere will be worth watching.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Stupid Hradec Kralove back on track. Hope they will get embarassed...
You can copy (if you are a subscriber) what their boss said about the CHL 2018/19 here. I will just translate one sentence written by an journalist describing the interview.

Miroslav Schön, který v rozsáhlém rozhovoru mluví o .... nezájmu o Ligu mistrů, kde to prý pro někoho může být finančně zajímavé, ale kluby to nejsou...

Miroslav Schön speaking about ... lack of interest to the CHL, which might be financialy beneficial for someone, but definitely not for clubs ...

The same story, fun guaranteed

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It just makes broader and perfect picture what it means when this guy fights for, as he saying,”truth”. He has never helped to czech hockey in any ways. He is more like person who needs to be interesting and controversial while bringing anything on table. Just destructive behaviour. It would be much more funny if somebody ask what he wants to do eith czech hockey and lets say CHL. I would like to see that vawe of briliant ideas.
I do not know what "truth" you are talking about. I did not read all article, you can copy the CHL related text here.

Regarding his personality. I do not know him personally, so I will not comment. Just one note, you would have no problem to find more "controversial" persons in Czech hockey.

I just remember his words from last year and I agree with him. There is no reason for clubs to sponsor the CHL.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I do not know what "truth" you are talking about. I did not read all article, you can copy the CHL related text here.

Regarding his personality. I do not know him personally, so I will not comment. Just one note, you would have no problem to find more "controversial" persons in Czech hockey.

I just remember his words from last year and I agree with him. There is no reason for clubs to sponsor the CHL.
Its your choice who you agree with. Point is czechs and slovaks need these matches. Modern hockey is played there and we need confrontation. Its not old shool extraliga style ot poor quality slovak league. Opposite opinion is against czech and slovaks interests. But I am not surprised as this CEO never saw further than on tip of his nose.

Reactions: albator71

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Its your choice who you agree with. Point is czechs and slovaks need these matches. Modern hockey is played there and we need confrontation. Its not old shool extraliga style ot poor quality slovak league. Opposite opinion is against czech and slovaks interests. But I am not surprised as this CEO never saw further than on tip of his nose.
Did he say that Czech teams do not need such games?

As I remember his statements, his main objection to the CHL is about financial matters.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Did he say that Czech teams do not need such games?

As I remember his statements, his main objection to the CHL is about financial matters.
His main objection is that he does not want to participate on it. I dont really care what he complains about. They have money, they produce nobody, czechs produce nobody, czechs dont have Ds, czechs were positive about quality of CHL games, especially Ds game. This guy does not know what time it is. Its not 2000. He is not ceo of club from super power country. He is meaningless and thats what he should realize and he should realize even more where czech hockey really is. He does not develope unique czech development program, he does not want to help with it through CHL, he does not do anything in favour of czech hockey. Why Straka and Zabransky dont say the same? Cause they understand to broader picture. Not even speaking about Liberec or Trinec. They dictate the trend, not Hradec Kralove. Mountfield is backwards club, thats all.

Reactions: albator71

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Trinec & Banska Bystrica´s executives confirmed that both clubs were in red numbers in 2017/18, the CHL is not profitable for clubs according to those executives.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well most other teams think there is and they put some effort into it by winning and marketing the games (like JYP).
Look, Trinec is a big fan of the CHL, they had good on-ice results, they did marketing and still, the club had to announce the red numbers. Simply, particiaption at the CHL is not profitable from financial point of view. And will not be in the future.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
His main objection is that he does not want to participate on it. I dont really care what he complains about. They have money, they produce nobody, czechs produce nobody, czechs dont have Ds, czechs were positive about quality of CHL games, especially Ds game. This guy does not know what time it is. Its not 2000. He is not ceo of club from super power country. He is meaningless and thats what he should realize and he should realize even more where czech hockey really is. He does not develope unique czech development program, he does not want to help with it through CHL, he does not do anything in favour of czech hockey. Why Straka and Zabransky dont say the same? Cause they understand to broader picture. Not even speaking about Liberec or Trinec. They dictate the trend, not Hradec Kralove. Mountfield is backwards club, thats all.
I couldn't agree with you Jablkon, the ceo of Mountfield is so small minded its sad, he doesn't care about czech hockey, he only cares about himself, European hockey needs a hockey champions league but he refuses to see that, what a clown he is

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Trinec & Banska Bystrica´s executives confirmed that both clubs were in red numbers in 2017/18, the CHL is not profitable for clubs according to those executives.
give it time vorky, rome wasn't build in a day. the CHL is still very young.

Reactions: adamnowek

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Look, Trinec is a big fan of the CHL, they had good on-ice results, they did marketing and still, the club had to announce the red numbers. Simply, particiaption at the CHL is not profitable from financial point of view. And will not be in the future.
It's like you are jealous of the CHL vorky, if you think its a joke why do you bother to fallow every news about it and keep posting here, i dont understand that?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@albator71

I follow European hockey, therefore I follow the CHL as well.

You said "he (Mr.Schön) doesn't care about czech hockey, he only cares about himself." If I get it, he cares about financial aspect of the competition. That is bad? Financial part of the bussiness is not important? It is illegal to talk about financial aspects of the CHL?

I agree that European club hockey needs international competition. It needs to be run by professionals, supported by all clubs, secured financing, attractive for fans/media/sponsors.

1. Everyone can judge the professionality of the CHL leadership.
2. The CHL is not supported by all clubs.
3. The CHL is not able to secure financing.
4. As attendance figures show, the CHL is not so attractive for fans. Media cover the CHL as minimal as possible (in CZ). We can look at the CHL sponsors, they have 11 partners, 5 of them have been the IIHF long term sponsors.

It is not jealousy, but a dissapointment that another hockey project will not succeed as fans would like to see.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
@albator71

I follow European hockey, therefore I follow the CHL as well.

You said "he (Mr.Schön) doesn't care about czech hockey, he only cares about himself." If I get it, he cares about financial aspect of the competition. That is bad? Financial part of the bussiness is not important? It is illegal to talk about financial aspects of the CHL?

I agree that European club hockey needs international competition. It needs to be run by professionals, supported by all clubs, secured financing, attractive for fans/media/sponsors.

1. Everyone can judge the professionality of the CHL leadership.
2. The CHL is not supported by all clubs.
3. The CHL is not able to secure financing.
4. As attendance figures show, the CHL is not so attractive for fans. Media cover the CHL as minimal as possible (in CZ). We can look at the CHL sponsors, they have 11 partners, 5 of them have been the IIHF long term sponsors.

It is not jealousy, but a dissapointment that another hockey project will not succeed as fans would like to see.

It already has, as shown by the increasing prize money.

You also make the mistake of associating Czech clubs failure in attracting fans as equation that the whole tournament is not succeeding. Other countries leagues are not so doom and gloom.

Last edited:
Reactions: adamnowek

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It already has, as shown by the increasing prize money.
You failed to understand the point.

You alos make the mistake of associating Czech clubs failure in attracting fans as equation that the whole tournament is not succeeding. Other countries leagues are not so doom and gloom.
Do you claim the CHL is popular in all involving countries?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Do you claim the CHL is popular in all involving countries?

No. You need to work on you English comprehension skills.

It's getting more popular in Finland and Sweden for sure because some clubs are making a better effort in marketing the games and getting people in the stands. Kärpät have been one of better clubs when it comes to attendance in previous years and last season JYP managed to get their CHL average closer to the Liiga one.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
No. You need to work on you English comprehension skills.
1. stop being agressive. There are some board rules, so please behave within the rules.

2. Try to look at involving countries and their CHL attendance & media coverage.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
1. stop being agressive. There are some board rules, so please behave within the rules.

2. Try to look at involving countries and their CHL attendance & media coverage.

Funny as that is exactly what you should do. Again, you're basing you typical anti-CHL rhetoric because of one Czech club boss, in addition to expecting UCL type success overnight.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Funny as that is exactly what you should do. Again, you're basing you typical anti-CHL rhetoric because of one Czech club boss, in addition to expecting UCL type success overnight.
I talk about the CHL as a project.

Name countries where the CHL is successful.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I watched football champions league Final last night, and I almost never watch soccer.

Gotta say they´ve got bit better thing going there. I think hockey should try similar concept.

Start with it being actual champions league. Champions of each league in and maybe few top 3 finnishers from qualifiers. Now its pretty gimmicky when teams have cemented spots in the tournament and its played so widely as as a pre season thing. Always same teams trying to get some tickets sold in pre season that they otherwise wouldnt. Its a joke, and a really bad and old joke already.

IIHF needs to run it if it wants it to ever work. It needs to think keepin World Championships every other year, and Champions League every other.

After season, every 2 years, in place of IIHF WHC, would happen Champions League. IIHF would invite Champion club team of each country to play in the tournament. Also KHL champion would be invited. Also NHL champion would be invited, if they wanted to take part. Then it would be really serious champions tournament. It would also make world championships bit more rare and good. It would boost both products, the original whc and the club version.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I watched football champions league Final last night, and I almost never watch soccer.

Gotta say they´ve got bit better thing going there. I think hockey should try similar concept.

Start with it being actual champions league. Champions of each league in and maybe few top 3 finnishers from qualifiers. Now its pretty gimmicky when teams have cemented spots in the tournament and its played so widely as as a pre season thing. Always same teams trying to get some tickets sold in pre season that they otherwise wouldnt. Its a joke, and a really bad and old joke already.

IIHF needs to run it if it wants it to ever work. It needs to think keepin World Championships every other year, and Champions League every other.

After season, every 2 years, in place of IIHF WHC, would happen Champions League. IIHF would invite Champion club team of each country to play in the tournament. Also KHL champion would be invited. Also NHL champion would be invited, if they wanted to take part. Then it would be really serious champions tournament. It would also make world championships bit more rare and good. It would boost both products, the original whc and the club version.

They don't anymore. Last season already the teams were decided on sports merits.

IIHF f***ed up the previous attempt so royally (putting all the eggs on one sponsor basket, which then drops because Russian clubs lost to Swiss clubs) that it's better the clubs are more in charge and IIHF only a partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad