Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Bolzano over IFK,Sorhamar over Djurgardens or Rouen better than Nuremberg. Ridculous Tournament! Not very serious!

scipio

Apr 21, 2015
Zürich
There's no doubt the competitive balance is improving. Only 3 of the 5 Swedish teams advanced, and only 2 of the 5 Finnish teams advanced. Meanwhile two EBEL teams will advance, as well as a Norwegian team and a French team. The group winners are:

4 out of 4 Swiss teams made it. Looking pretty good for the NLA this year.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
4 out of 4 Swiss teams made it. Looking pretty good for the NLA this year.

Ya, the quality of the Swiss League gets better every year. I'm not particularly enamoured with the style of play in the Swiss League, but they are getting the results for sure. I don't think it's too controversial to say that the first non-Finnish or Swedish winner of the CL will probably be from Switzerland.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Cardiff devils got their heads handed to them--I was at their game against Vaxjo Lakers and the skill level difference was obvious-but the devils fans put on a show for the Lakers fans in Vaxjo

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
The playoff draw was conducted on Friday.

MWBiDkV.jpg

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

scipio

Apr 21, 2015
Zürich
Ya, the quality of the Swiss League gets better every year. I'm not particularly enamoured with the style of play in the Swiss League, but they are getting the results for sure. I don't think it's too controversial to say that the first non-Finnish or Swedish winner of the CL will probably be from Switzerland.

Not sure if I agree on the style of play but that's a matter of taste I guess. We just survived almost 2 years of Swedish hockey by Hans Walson in Zürich :help: Happy that we moved back to a different style. Also, remember that Swiss league always had a high level. You don't destroy a KHL team by accident ;)

Anyways, tough draw for most Swiss teams, should make up for some good games :)

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
I can t understand the fixture! The K.O stage will take place in same time during EHT and U-Tournaments. Karpat + other with a C-Team in K.O games lol. The CHL officials without brains. I can only shake my head. CHL has no value!

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
So the playoffs start today.

Bern - Malmo game, pretty fast. Malmo is playing a good game so far.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Frölunda completely dominating the Swiss side. They can't even exit their own zone on the PP. No wonder since they simply put up camp in their own zone 5 on 5.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Total shots reads 54 - 19 to Frölunda. Shots on goal 28 - 10. Two periods have been played.
Frölunda just needs to be patient and the goals will come.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Tappara! The same thing over and over again. Group Stage Top and K.O. Stage bullshit. ;)!

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Playoff round got off to an incredible start. Of the 8 games played, 5 were ties or decided by one goal. There's a very real possibility that no Finnish teams will make the round of 8, and a very real possibility only 1 Swedish team will make it that far.

Storhamar and Rouen both managed to tie their games, so their Cinderella story continues. However, Bolzano got smashed 6-1 by Plzen, so unless Plzen absolutely collapse in game 2, the Bolzano story is over.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Playoff round got off to an incredible start. Of the 8 games played, 5 were ties or decided by one goal. There's a very real possibility that no Finnish teams will make the round of 8, and a very real possibility only 1 Swedish team will make it that far.

Storhamar and Rouen both managed to tie their games, so their Cinderella story continues. However, Bolzano got smashed 6-1 by Plzen, so unless Plzen absolutely collapse in game 2, the Bolzano story is over.

what?

malmö won with 4-1. frölunda got 1-1 in a away game, skellefteå got 4-4 in a away game. its very big possibility that all 3 swedish teams will advance.

Reactions: Ducks76

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
what?

malmö won with 4-1. frölunda got 1-1 in a away game, skellefteå got 4-4 in a away game. its very big possibility that all 3 swedish teams will advance.

Yes, and the converse applies as well. There's also a very real possibility that only 1 of the 3 Swedish teams will advance, as much as there's a very real possibility that all three of them will.

Reactions: adamnowek

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Yes, and the converse applies as well. There's also a very real possibility that only 1 of the 3 Swedish teams will advance, as much as there's a very real possibility that all three of them will.
The probability is that all three will advance. Look at the underlying stats and they will tell you that it was rather one sided except for the score. The home game will reflect that in the score, I'm sure.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Really have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact Skelleftea, with that roster, is losing and being outplayed by Storhamar. What is wrong with those guys?

Also, they are playing 5 forwards on PP. You don't see that too often.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad