Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
its getting nasty. vaxjo is losing their composure

After the first game, Arcobello was banned for a game.

I guess bad blood accumulated in the first encouter.
Today is very chipy ... no mercy ... Bern has a couple of agitators and Vaxo probably as well.

Refs are also not too smart, over sanctioning some moves imo hence not helping the game going the right direction (play) by breaking the rythm.
Some penalties were ridiculous.

Reactions: albator71

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Thats a tough lost for Vaxjo. Now Bern is in the driver seat in that group. We have to give credit to Bern they defeated SHL champs twice 3-2 and today 4-3.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Thats a tough lost for Vaxjo. Now Bern is in the driver seat in that group. We have to give credit to Bern they defeated SHL champs twice 3-2 and today 4-3.

For sure, those were two very hard fought wins over last years silver medalists.

You gotta think the Salzburg-Vaxjo game on Saturday is going to be amazing.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch

Bern is a top European team.

Bottom NLA teams don't compare to bottom SHL teams, but when comparing the top teams ... they are very close.

Whatever .. it's the beginning of the season. We'll see how the season will pan out.

Funilly Bern has trouble with the British teams !! They even lost last year to Nothingam i believe.

They are good but inconstant and ... like Marzak scores the 4-3 4min something before the end of the game ... and their you have someone who gets a 2 minute penalty !!! you can never be quite with them. Rolercoaster !!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Bottom NLA teams don't compare to bottom SHL teams, but when comparing the top teams ... they are very close.

Whatever .. it's the beginning of the season. We'll see how the season will pan out.

Funilly Bern has trouble with the British teams !! They even lost last year to Nothingam i believe.

They are good but inconstant and ... like Marzak scores the 4-3 4min something before the end of the game ... and their you have someone who gets a 2 minute penalty !!! you can never be quite with them. Rolercoaster !!

Cardiff is getting their ass kicked for a reason

Madic

May 21, 2008

From a complete outsiders point of view (I'm familiar with the SHL/NLA and the skill comparisons between the two, but rarely watch a game) and having no stakes in todays game, it was a really interesting watch. The talent-divide didn't appear too great but Vaxjo's powerplay couldn't get anything to the net. Bern was methodical and Arcobello/Mursak never seemed to leave the ice. Fun!

A bit of an aside here, but I wonder if Vaxjo intends to use both Bokk and Holmberg regularly all season. Bokk was a little unengaged last game, trying to swoop in on loose pucks, and Holmberg got a decent amount of ice-time today but looks very concerned with the defensive side and not sure where to go on offence.

Reactions: torero

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Cardiff is getting their ass kicked for a reason

Maybe ... yet Bern beat Cardif 2-3 in OT on the last game.
(i am surprised the quality of team the UK has .. when you compare the National hockey level ) I am sure many players are Canadian or US but still ... these should also be playing with the national team ?!.

And TBH i expect Bern to win ... but it is not a 2 standard deviation ... much less.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Credit to Bern for winning both games against Vaxjo but it really isn't the same team which dominated SHL playoffs. No Pettersson, Rosen, Martinsson, Calof, Rasmussen, Miele and other than Horak (who isn't a superstar either) they replaced them with clearly lower class players.

So sure, they are still a good team and they hold the title but how good any team would be without 5 of its best players. Overall, with a roster like this I don't think Vaxjo is a serious contender this year.

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014

The goalie cost us the game in the first match. The game was heading to OT until Viktor Fasth let a very cheap goal in with 3 min left, altho växjö was close to equalize after that.

I didnt watch todays game since I dont have the channel but I see Bern had two 5 vs 3, where they scored both time. The little Orgeta got a match penalty?, where they scored again. Cant win any matches when you take so many penalties. Anyway, we all know Växjös FW roster is a joke, its one of the weakest in the league. Its all set up so the younglings get a chance at the start of the season. This current team is not the one that will try to defend the SHL trophy

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The goalie cost us the game in the first match. The game was heading to OT until Viktor Fasth let a very cheap goal in with 3 min left, altho växjö was close to equalize after that.

I didnt watch todays game since I dont have the channel but I see Bern had two 5 vs 3, where they scored both time. The little Orgeta got a match penalty?, where they scored again. Cant win any matches when you take so many penalties. Anyway, we all know Växjös FW roster is a joke, its one of the weakest in the league. Its all set up so the younglings get a chance at the start of the season. This current team is not the one that will try to defend the SHL trophy
It was a very chippy hockey game. Vaxjo came back from 3-1 to tie it up 3-3. Vaxjo should move on to the round of 16 and then anything is possible.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Bravo, Bolzano. Una bella vittoria. Dreadful game overall but eventful SO (many of IFK penalty shots were woeful and some clumsy).

IFK have left it late in the group stage the last two seasons and qualified but this time I think they mightn't have such a luxury.

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
The Belarusian guests apparently stole everything from their dressing room.
LMAO, were there any towels at all? Judging by the pictures of that dressing room that clearly has seen its better days, Malmo has a limited budget equal to those of Belarusian hockey league 2 clubs. No wonder, those pinchpenny Swedes. Well, looking at the Junost-Malmo game score, it seams those miserable and laughable accusations came in handy for the Belarusian team. Hopefully, the Swedes are leaving Minsk not only with the net full of pucks but also with their bags full of towels and other dirt-cheap stuff given as gifts or humanitarian aid. That should help ease their acute arse pains.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Jan Mursak scores his second of the game on a beautiful give and go, to put Bern up 4-3. 2:30 left to play.
Wish we could have kept Mursak in Frölunda this season. He was money in the regular season. Fell off in the PO's but probably lost some steam.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Bravo, Bolzano. Una bella vittoria. Dreadful game overall but eventful SO (many of IFK penalty shots were woeful and some clumsy).

IFK have left it late in the group stage the last two seasons and qualified but this time I think they mightn't have such a luxury.
No IFK failed last Season in group stage(Munich,Brynas,Comarch). And now again. One of the weakest Liiga-Teams in CHL.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Maybe ... yet Bern beat Cardif 2-3 in OT on the last game.
(i am surprised the quality of team the UK has .. when you compare the National hockey level ) I am sure many players are Canadian or US but still ... these should also be playing with the national team ?!.

And TBH i expect Bern to win ... but it is not a 2 standard deviation ... much less.

Only 3 British players actually got a regular shift for Cardiff in the game yesterday, and they only have 1 import who has been in the country long enough to be naturalised, but GB tends not to do that anymore.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not a Berlin fan, but been very disappointed in how they've played in this tournament so far. Getting smacked 6-1 right now to Zug.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Really good game in Nurnberg, as Ice Tigers come back from 3-2 down, to win it 4-3 in OT. Karpat are playing their U-16 squad against Rouen tonight, and leading 3-2 in the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad