Champions Hockey League 2018-2019

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It just means Bern takes CHL very seriously ;). I'll be honest here, the fact that CHL starts before the SHL season puts my team at a major disadvantage, as we're nowhere near having a complete roster before SHL start. We fill the holes as the season goes on. For example, the FW side is expected to be completely different by the end of december/start of January. Last season we played some CHL games with only 3 lines. This season we came into trouble on the FW side already in the second match against Salzburg, where we didnt have enough FWs to fill the 4th line
That is not a point.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Anyone think Hakanpää (Kärpät) might be NHL level D-man. (while i write this he makes a mistake :))
Has had a crazy development curve, last season was crazy good
but saw an end prematurely, due to injury.

Was one of the best d-men last season in the Sm-Liiga.

Jani Hakanpää, big fella, 2010 4th round pick (Blues)
still a man in his prime,26.

His skating has improved so much, so much.
Has found offensive side from his game,
not lost his defensive side nor physical part.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Bolzano 2-1 against IFK in Italy in the second period. Jumalauuta!

Bolzano fans are incredible to watch and listen to as they constantly are singing and waving flags

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Mountfield beat Rouen 3-2, and Karpat are crushing Nurnberg 6-2 after two. So second place in that group will no doubt come down to the second game between Mountfield and Nurnberg.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Jenike is still in goal for Nurmberg after allowing 9 goals and getting penalty for breaking his stick:help:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well Bolzano are full credit for their two wins to start the CL. Beat Skelleftea in the SO, and IFK in regulation, 4-1, tonight. Nice to see that this tournament isn't just the Sweden/Finland show anymore.

Reactions: adamnowek

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ya, the horrible British announcer has been ripping IFK for the last five minutes or so. And to top it off, they get a double minor with 5 minutes to play, pretty much ending any hope of a comeback.

I checked the CHL GDT at the biggest Finnish hockey site jatkoaika.com and IFK fans are fairly livid about their team's performances right now.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Well Bolzano are full credit for their two wins to start the CL. Beat Skelleftea in the SO, and IFK in regulation, 4-1, tonight. Nice to see that this tournament isn't just the Sweden/Finland show anymore.

It is. Just wait until they are out of pre season mode

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
From finnish side! Karpat very strong and Tappara,JYP not perfect but okay.

TPS and IFK a complete failure! Last CHL-Season and now. Why they are there? They should give their CHL-placees to other more motivated finnish clubs like Saipa or Lukko.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I checked the CHL GDT at the biggest Finnish hockey site jatkoaika.com and IFK fans are fairly livid about their team's performances right now.

I mean their lineup tonight was:

Laakso-Motin
Ulander-Varakas
Kankaanperä-O'Connor

Thorell-Santala-Rask
Petrell-Tyrväinen-Keränen
Lessio-Koivisto-Tallberg
Engberg-Åsten-Pitkänen

Quincey, Eronen, Kangasniemi and Nordgren are still missing but to me that just looks like a awful team outside the first line. So many grinders and defensive defenseman. Lacks any kinda offensive talent.

rizka

May 7, 2016
Trinec produced a ton of premium chances and had some powerplays early in the game yesterday. They failed miserably to hit the target, though. They should have been up by two or so. Late in the period Tappara started to get in the game. Tappara had its first powerplay chance, too and soon the game was 0-1 to the visitors. Then came the second period where Tappara was the stronger side from the start. Trinec had some consecutive penalties and towards the end of a 5-on-3 powerplay Tappara scored the second goal. After that something strange happened to Trinec. Tappara scored virtually from every attack and soon the game was 0-6. Final score was 2-8.

Seen highlights and coach interviews, something similar happened to Trinec on Friday against Djurgården, too. Can anyone tell more about that game? Last year semifinalists are in tough spot now after losing both home games against main rivals in the group. And by brutal numbers so any tie-break scenarios won't be favourable for them.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch

So would i if i was finish ... out of 5 teams, 1 1st, 2 nd, 1 3rd and 1 4th. They could pretend for more. for sure.

On the other side the other teams are not bad at all ... Chzechs are allways tough cookies, the Red Bulls are also good ... Bolzano ... . their are few teams left that are "good for the moral" ... and then the level is a bit disapointing because it is the beginning of the season !!
We Swiss have 4 teams and 3 are leading ... 1 is last. Honestly the manner was not there !! we were lucky we didn't meet the top teams in top shape !!

it is the beginning of the season.

The improovement has already been great. Swiss teams would start like 3 or 4 days before the tournament start. Now they are at 10 days before the beginning ... an effort is being made !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad