Proposal: CGY - WPG (Monahan - Scheifele)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I like Scheifele a lot, but let's not pretend that he's a top 5 center. He's a legit #1, but he's not Mackinnon or something. His defensive game is average and he's a 46% faceoff guy. Monahan is excellent on the draw. I'd say Valimaki will be a top pairing defenseman. Monahan has 33 less career points and is a year younger. Scheifele is a better player to be sure, but it's not a massive gap.
In what way would that trade, which includes a middling prospect make the Jets better. It wouldn't, in fact it'd make the Jets worse. Therefore its dead in the water.

Ledge And Dairy

In what way would that trade, which includes a middling prospect make the Jets better. It wouldn't, in fact it'd make the Jets worse. Therefore its dead in the water.
Who is this middling prospect you are referring to? Valimaki is one of the top D prospects league wide, the names that are ahead of him are Seider, Byram, Drysdale, Sanderson, and maybe Broberg.

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Who is this middling prospect you are referring to? Valimaki is one of the top D prospects league wide, the names that are ahead of him are Seider, Byram, Drysdale, Sanderson, and maybe Broberg.
I wasn't referring to the OP. It was to another poster who said Valimaki was off limits and suggested any other prospect.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
That was me. I wouldn't call Zary or Pelletier a middling prospect.

Zary just got drafted. The definition of middling is that they are going nowhere. Lol at this place now writing off prospects a few weeks after a draft now.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Moanahah for Schiefele straight up is a fair deal.

I dont know who Monanahah is but Im not sure Scheifeles family is not to keen of trading their daughter for a random person with a wierd name.

Beacuse you cant mean Sean Monahan for Mark Scheifele straight up?

Reactions: Eyeseeing

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I like Scheifele a lot, but let's not pretend that he's a top 5 center. He's a legit #1, but he's not Mackinnon or something. His defensive game is average and he's a 46% faceoff guy. Monahan is excellent on the draw. I'd say Valimaki will be a top pairing defenseman. Monahan has 33 less career points and is a year younger. Scheifele is a better player to be sure, but it's not a massive gap.
You think Monahan And Valimaki would return MacKinnon?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Alright. No one except for you has said anything about Scheifele has MacKinnon value and no one has given or asked for that kind of value. This is all in your head.
You just equated it. Not sure if you understand how inference works. You implied that because I think Monahan and Valimaki are worth at least what Scheifele is then Mackinnon must be too.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
You just equated it. Not sure if you understand how inference works. You implied that because I think Monahan and Valimaki are worth at least what Scheifele is then Mackinnon must be too.
Sir, you implied that Monahan + Valimaki would get you a top 5 centre lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad