OT: CF Montréal (Artists Formerly Known as Impact): Çnow Flake Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
I acknowledge when they do good things. It is just very rare these days. There entire marketing strategy since the rebrand has been awful.

Funny that you edited your comment. But no, I am not Justin Kingsley like you were referring before editing your message.

I am just a new (since probably 2 years) soccer fan wanting to discuss/learn about soccer and CF Montreal, but so sick of all that negativity on that board.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Funny that you edited your comment. But no, I am not Justin Kingsley like you were referring before editing your message.

I am just a new (since probably 2 years) soccer fan wanting to discuss/learn about soccer and CF Montreal, but so sick of all that negativity on that board.

I edited my message because my "attack" was childish and I apologize for that.

I left my core point: communication/marketing have been dreadful since the rebrand (well, communication never has been good).

You can see that they have very skilled people, but the messaging and the overall strategy is bad. The videos always look good.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It’s no surprise, since he was hired Gilmore has spoken about needing to attract more corporate sponsors. I’m on board with it, team needs money badly lol.

Hopefully they milked this one pretty good and won't need any more jersey sponsors. First BMO, then Saputo, now this. 3 is fine, but no more please.

Reactions: willzyix

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I edited my message because my "attack" was childish and I apologize for that.

I left my core point: communication/marketing have been dreadful since the rebrand (well, communication never has been good).

You can see that they have very skilled people, but the messaging and the overall strategy is bad. The videos always look good.

If there is one thing IMFC/CFMTL do as good as anyone is the media people who put together the montages and videos.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Honestly this club needs more money. If that's part of the contract to put that brand forward as a sponsor I'm for it. Won't really affect the look of the shitty kit anyways lol

Reactions: dinodebino

NelloMello

May 10, 2013
Pierrefonds
I don't mind extra sponsors bringing money, they do it in Europe. If FC Montreal is looking to bring in more income, than I believe it's time to rename the stadium through Stadium naming rights.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

This is just a reflection of everything they do, if they were doing proper recruitments in players and had some self-respect like the average MLS team does, negativity would be next to nonexistent here and all over social media.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Regarding the bet99 sponsorship

The good - Gilmore is clearly bringing corporate money into the club which is what will keep the club alive long term.

The bad - I’m not a betting guy, morally I’m really struggling with that.

The obvious - I feel Gilmore is turning slowly the Saputo Stadium into another Bell Center. I don’t see how the supporting groups can align with that corporate strategy. It will bring more money to the club but at the expense of stadium experience. I feel the ultras will be dead in few years. They will not be able to cope with this.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Regarding the bet99 sponsorship

The good - Gilmore is clearly bringing corporate money into the club which is what will keep the club alive long term.

The bad - I’m not a betting guy, morally I’m really struggling with that.

The obvious - I feel Gilmore is turning slowly the Saputo Stadium into another Bell Center. I don’t see how the supporting groups can align with that corporate strategy. It will bring more money to the club but at the expense of stadium experience. I feel the ultras will be dead in few years. They will not be able to cope with this.

The sponsors and companies investing in CFMTL doesn't mean the seats will be full of people in suits. It can be companies buying tickets in bulks and send their employees and families to games. So regular people will be attending, much as it's been for years. Or tickets can be won on the radio and all of that stuff.

The Ultras and 1642 have taken a real big issue with this change. So if supporters' groups die down, it will be because they chose to. I really don't believe the club wants to eliminate them. And if the supporters' groups take issue with the club getting more corporate support, than they're not really being supporters, in my opinion. It will come off more like they don't want the club to grow, but that they want to just keep it in its little corner of the city's sports scene so only they can support it.

Also, if Gilmore turns Saputo Stadium into another Bell Center, it will be a successful strategy because while the Bell Center has a lot of corporate support and partnerships, it is still one of the loudest buildings in the league. And the ambiance does not suffer because of it. So if Stade Saputo can have the corporate sponsorships and partnerships while keeping that ambiance that we like in State Saputo, then it's a successful strategy.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The sponsors and companies investing in CFMTL doesn't mean the seats will be full of people in suits. It can be companies buying tickets in bulks and send their employees and families to games. So regular people will be attending, much as it's been for years. Or tickets can be won on the radio and all of that stuff.

The Ultras and 1642 have taken a real big issue with this change. So if supporters' groups die down, it will be because they chose to. I really don't believe the club wants to eliminate them. And if the supporters' groups take issue with the club getting more corporate support, than they're not really being supporters, in my opinion. It will come off more like they don't want the club to grow, but that they want to just keep it in its little corner of the city's sports scene so only they can support it.

Also, if Gilmore turns Saputo Stadium into another Bell Center, it will be a successful strategy because while the Bell Center has a lot of corporate support and partnerships, it is still one of the loudest buildings in the league. And the ambiance does not suffer because of it. So if Stade Saputo can have the corporate sponsorships and partnerships while keeping that ambiance that we like in State Saputo, then it's a successful strategy.

Not eliminate per se, but they do not care at all about them. At the end of the day, these groups, especially the Ultras, are VERY small. Active members? 50-100 people total, maybe. So if they go because you made it too corporate, you are actually MAKING more money (they have the cheapest seasons tickets and a portion of the new sponsorship probably give you more money and you can RESELL these tickets). Heck, eliminating the supporter sections and selling them as regular seats could make them more money. Matante Ginette and Mononc Pierre find the Ultras annoying anyway. I have seen, more than once, dumbass people buying tickets in a supporter section because they are cheap and THEN complaining that they could not see the game because of the flags. Unfortunately, these people tend to spend MORE at the stadium (food, merch, etc) than the hardcore fan; they are more desirable customers for the business. Never forget that most Ultras make/buy their own merch and rarely use concessions (they go to a bar before the game). Things like that are not unique to Montreal though. They happen all over the world; foot business baby.

Oh and to clarify, I am not against new sponsors, at all. I was just making fun of the dumb social media post(s): the first one was fine, normal press release. The second one made it look like they signed Drogba again and that was tone deaf as hell.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Campoozmstnz

May 27, 2013
Also, if Gilmore turns Saputo Stadium into another Bell Center, it will be a successful strategy because while the Bell Center has a lot of corporate support and partnerships, it is still one of the loudest buildings in the league. And the ambiance does not suffer because of it.
I've been to my share of Habs games and if it was not for the annoying loud music, the place is usually dull as hell. Unless something good is happening on the ice, which has been rare in the last years. I'll take 3/4 full SS with the supporters chants over a Habs game anytime!

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I've been to my share of Habs games and if it was not for the annoying loud music, the place is usually dull as hell. Unless something good is happening on the ice, which has been rare in the last years. I'll take 3/4 full SS with the supporters chants over a Habs game anytime!

Seriously. The bell Center is nothing like it was when tickets were affordable. Sure if you’re up in the Molson ex zone, you think it’s loud. But get tickets in the lower bowl... dead silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad