Celtics/NBA Celtics trade Grant Williams for draft picks as part of three-team deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The problem with that deal is barring another move it leaves us pretty lean in the Guard position:

SG - Jaylon Brown and JD Davison
PG - Payton Pritchard and Derrick White
I thought the same but Brodgon is presently injured. Healing but could require surgery. Then Brodgon is injury prone, a known when he was acquired but as a bench guy it was not a concern. As a starter that could be a problem. His contract is up after this year. What us his attitude after knowing he was the first choice to be traded. I would do this trade. I don't want to chance Brodgon.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I think the Celtics could make a trade work financially without giving up Tatum, Brown or Porzingis, they would just need a third team to jump in. It would be the kind of all in rental they should be looking for and the type of player they still need. Not like the Clippers have a lot to trade either.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I think the Celtics could make a trade work financially without giving up Tatum, Brown or Porzingis, they would just need a third team to jump in. It would be the kind of all in rental they should be looking for and the type of player they still need. Not like the Clippers have a lot to trade either.
You mean Harden ?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

....Wut?

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Yeah i'm talking about trading for Harden. I'm just thinking out loud but i'm sure they have enough salary to send out that they could run Tatum, Brown, Harden and Porzingis for one season. Clippers are who they are saying want Harden but unless they are willing to trade Paul George the Celtics can give a better offer if Philly are willing to trade him to Boston.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah i'm talking about trading for Harden. I'm just thinking out loud but i'm sure they have enough salary to send out that they could run Tatum, Brown, Harden and Porzingis for one season. Clippers are who they are saying want Harden but unless they are willing to trade Paul George the Celtics can give a better offer if Philly are willing to trade him to Boston.

The Celtics can throw in a lot of late first round picks, the Clippers can't

Other than than what do the Celtics have to offer? To make it work salary wise you have to do Brogdan + Timelord I think

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Brogdon, Pritchard and Kornet would be enough but you could add a team like Utah so Philly gets more back.

Harden to Boston

Brogdon, Horton-Tucker, Rudy Gay, Kornet and Warriors 2024 First Round Pick to Philly

Pritchard and picks to Utah

How many contenders could give Philly a similar return for 1 year of Harden?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
To me having Harden on the Celtics is just like having OEL on the Bruins - even if it didn't cost anything as far as assets going out and even if he offered to play for free I would not want Harden on the Celtics or OEL on the Bruins. :thumbd:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brogdon, Pritchard and Kornet would be enough but you could add a team like Utah so Philly gets more back.

Harden to Boston

Brogdon, Horton-Tucker, Rudy Gay, Kornet and Warriors 2024 First Round Pick to Philly

Pritchard and picks to Utah

How many contenders could give Philly a similar return for 1 year of Harden?

It a declining PG with a significant injury, and a pile of crap. Rudy Gay isn't even on Utah anymore, he was traded for John Collins.

that said, maybe the Celtics pile of crap is bigger than any other pile of crap.

Either way, I wouldn't want Harden on my team if there was no cap

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I see on Youtube that Yam Madar is coming for training camp, but not summer league, I assume. He looks like he has matured physically and looks darn good on video. He also has moved to Partisan Belgrade, which is fairly high level competition. I think they have a pg sleeper here, and I generally do not like anybody. lol

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I cant think of any player I would want less then Harden, outside of Kyrie Irving

Yup, and honestly I think a team with Kyrie on it can win a championship (they did). I don't think a team with Harden on it can will a championship at this point, he is just too limited of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad