Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
They lost because of Skinner, Nurse and Ceci and because the offense generated 5 shots over the final 40 minutes. That D pair was our chanced 12-1 when matched against Canucks third line.
The transformation to a pumpkin has officially begun.

Canucks : Cole had an uncharacteristic bad game, Silvos is a rookie and a third string goalie, team didn't panic and played to its strengths and plans, head coach says he didn't think the team played that bad after being down 4-1.

Oilers : Nurse sucks as always, Skinner gave up bad goals, team sat back and was dominated for two periods, head coach says he didn't think the team played that bad after blowing a 4-1 lead, and Draisaitl is out due to equipment issues.
If I was the Oilers GM I would have burned down the farm and mortgaged the future to bring a solid netminder to Edmonton. Even Halak would have been better than what they got.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

If I was the Oilers GM I would have burned down the farm and mortgaged the future to bring a solid netminder to Edmonton. Even Halak would have been better than what they got.

Edmonton has one of the worst rated prospect pools in the league, nothing you can really burn down and trade away. They needed to unload Nuge when his perceived value was high

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Canucks : Cole had an uncharacteristic bad game, Silvos is a rookie and a third string goalie, team didn't panic and played to its strengths and plans, head coach says he didn't think the team played that bad after being down 4-1.

Oilers : Nurse sucks as always, Skinner gave up bad goals, team sat back and was dominated for two periods, head coach says he didn't think the team played that bad after blowing a 4-1 lead, and Draisaitl is out due to equipment issues.
I thought Draisaitl had cramps? Those are terrible, they come every month, but it does explain why he's so pissy sometimes.

In game 80 Oilers really wanted to beat the Canucks without MacDavid, but they got absolutely manhandled physically. Until they have a response physically against Joshua, Myers, Z, Soucy, they will be in tough by game 6/7.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Edmonton didn't deserve to win, vancouver played a better game for probably 45 of the 60 minutes, the only positive to take is despite only playing for 10 minutes they still only lost by a goal. Skinner has always rebounded back nicely after a dud. And that was definitely a dud if I've ever seen one so let's see what happens.

Amd now drai maybe be questionable 🤔

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Canucks Deserved the Win - True

Oilers lost because of Skinner - Not really

(Miller & Zadorov goals were unstoppable, one was a ridiculous tip, the other was a seeing eye 95mph slapshot going through traffic, the Garland one is iffy, looks like an easy save but it’s an elite skill play to open the goalie up and the shot was precise. Regardless the Oilers had no push back with only 1 shot in a 20 minute span, loss is on the team)

Last edited:

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

This is true.

There was rumors of Bennington going there awhile back. That would have been something. Get a trade done. Trade your 2 years worth of 1sts and 2nds if you have to

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
This is true.

There was rumors of Bennington going there awhile back. That would have been something. Get a trade done. Trade your 2 years worth of 1sts and 2nds if you have to

If Canucks aren't already in Skinner's head, trading for Bennington isn't going to help, Canucks are most definitely in Bennington's head.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Oilers destroy bad teams like LA and the Ducks and look completely outmatched everytime they play an NHL team
Yep, not only do they run up the score on Ari/Buf/Ana/Chi/SJ but had an extremely soft schedule as well. They played their first back2back in January (unless you count NJ and NY in Dec).

They didn’t do so well against Van/Tor/Dal/Col.

Cheers

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
As much as I enjoy the hatred, after watching multiple Canes V Rags games can we all at least agree and unite behind our good fortune of not needing to listen to Harnarayan and Louie call this series?
No way, those guys are awesome. Love Harnarayan's energy and Debrusk is a great color guy, mostly because he knows when to stfu unlike Ferraro and Campbell

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
If Canucks aren't already in Skinner's head, trading for Bennington isn't going to help, Canucks are most definitely in Bennington's head.
Bennington won a cup man. He's a total headcase but he would be a legit #1 goalie for the Oilers

Reactions: nucks88

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Bennington won a cup man. He's a total headcase but he would be a legit #1 goalie for the Oilers

Jordan Binnington vs. Vancouver Canucks
Regular Season: 8 GP (5-1-0), 2.53 GAA, .920 SV%

Playoffs: 3 GP (0-3), 5.21 GAA, .800 SV%

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
You only get into Binnington's head if you cheap shot and injure him. You're not in his head at that point, you're on his radar and he's going to snap on you. Binny would definitely help carry the Oilers.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Funny, I remember saying that for days and Oilers fans telling me how wrong I was, that we stunk, and would continue to stink, that we wouldn't score goals and would get swept.

Yeppp funny how that works......
Dont blame Oilers fans, even the so called experts were saying the same dumb things yet not accounting on how Nashville was playing defense, basically parking the bus as they would say in soccer

Last edited by a moderator:

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
With Drai likely being hurt and out for Game 2, this could get ugly pretty quick...after he was out in Game 1 and came back hurt the hole team collapsed... hopefully someone can step up but that's just wishful thinking.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Can’t afford to get overconfident. We were the better team in game 1 but still could easily have lost the game.

Big chance to put Edmonton under enormous pressure. They were already under the weight of huge expectation and Skinner looks vulnerable.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Canucks Deserved the Win - True

Oilers lost because of Skinner - Not really

(Miller & Zadorov goals were unstoppable, one was a ridiculous tip, the other was a seeing eye 95mph slapshot going through traffic, the Garland one is iffy, looks like an easy save but it’s an elite skill play to open the goalie up and the shot was precise. Regardless the Oilers had no push back with only 1 shot in a 20 minute span, loss is on the team)
Everyone ragging on skinner I don’t get. The zadarov and miller were both perfect shots. I can put him at fault for the garland one but it was a nice play by garland to fake first to get skinner to open up

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad