Celtics/NBA Celtics trade Grant Williams for draft picks as part of three-team deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It is possible to do it with something like Brogdon, PP, and timelord, and basically everyone the Celtics have under contract <10 million (PP , Hauser, Champagne) but i have no idea why Portland would want any of them

Brogdon+ White + Pritchard works under the cap
Gonna need to find a backup PG or two

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
According to Woj the Celtics are receiving 3 future 2nd round picks in the Williams deal:

Doing a bit of research the picks look like this:

2024 - both Dallas and San Antonio have already traded away their own 2024 2nd round picks ( San Antonio is already sending this pick to Boston in the Noah Vonleh trade although it is top 55 protected ) but from prior trades San Antonio has the Lakers 2nd round pick and the least favorable pick between Chicago and New Orleans.

2025 - San Antonio currently has 3 2nd round picks this year ( Chicago, Toronto and their own ) while Dallas still has their own 2nd round pick too.

2028 - San Antonio currently has 4 2nd round picks this year ( Miami, Denver - protected top 33, New Orleans and their own ) while Dallas has already traded away their own 2nd round pick.

Bottom line - who the hell knows just which picks Boston will actually end up with ????:dunno:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
According to Woj the Celtics are receiving 3 future 2nd round picks in the Williams deal:

Doing a bit of research the picks look like this:

2024 - both Dallas and San Antonio have already traded away their own 2024 2nd round picks ( San Antonio is already sending this pick to Boston in the Noah Vonleh trade although it is top 55 protected ) but from prior trades San Antonio has the Lakers 2nd round pick and the least favorable pick between Chicago and New Orleans.

2025 - San Antonio currently has 3 2nd round picks this year ( Chicago, Toronto and their own ) while Dallas still has their own 2nd round pick too.

2028 - San Antonio currently has 4 2nd round picks this year ( Miami, Denver - protected top 33, New Orleans and their own ) while Dallas has already traded away their own 2nd round pick.

Bottom line - who the hell knows just which picks Boston will actually end up with ????:dunno:

Got updated to 2 2nds and a 2025 pick swap (pick swap per Himmelsbach)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Who's the pick swap with as that could be a huge chip down the road.
Don’t think that’s public yet but I’d imagine it will be something that conveys. We should be towards the bottom of the 2nd that year barring something terrible happening

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Don’t think that’s public yet but I’d imagine it will be something that conveys. We should be towards the bottom of the 2nd that year barring something terrible happening
Oh - it's a 2nd round pick swap. :ha: I was hoping that Brad might have squeezed a possible 1st round pick out of this deal.

Reactions: CDJ

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I really like this trade. Those 2nd round picks are valuable so we can trade one during the season and utilize the new player traded exception rule. The risk is we are relying on three players ( Horford / Williams and Porzingis) up front and they have all had injury issues in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad