Celtics/NBA Celtics trade Grant Williams for draft picks as part of three-team deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I kind of wish that Stevens waited a bit just to see how Porzingis actually fits in with the rest of the team. :dunno:

from cbssports.com:

Kristaps Porzingis has agreed to a two-year, $60 million extension with the Boston Celtics, according to Chris Haynes. Earlier this month, Porzingis picked up his $36 million player option for next season in order to facilitate his trade to the Celtics, and this extension, which kicks in next summer, will keep him in Boston until 2026.

Porzingis was traded from the Washington Wizards to the Celtics in a blockbuster three-team deal that sent Marcus Smart to the Memphis Grizzlies and Tyus Jones to the Washington Wizards, in addition to a number of draft picks swapping hands. The big man is coming off a bounce-back season, both from a health and production standpoint. He played 65 games, his most since his second season in the league, and averaged 23.2 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocks, while shooting 38.5% from 3-point land.

The guard-heavy Celtics needed a major frontcourt addition, both for the present and future given that Al Horford's turned 37 earlier this month and Robert Williams III's injury history. Porzingis' rare ability to protect the rim on one end and space the floor on the other made him a perfect fit for the Celtics. He can also punish switches near the basket, giving the Celtics' offense some much-needed flexibility.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Even if it doesn’t work he’s still gonna be movable at that number

I do see it being a good fit though

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Even if it doesn’t work he’s still gonna be movable at that number

I do see it being a good fit though
Me too.....but I always prefer seeing a new acquisition play at least a few games with the team before the Celtics/Bruins/Red Sox sign him to an extension. :nod:

Reactions: CDJ

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I kind of wish that Stevens waited a bit just to see how Porzingis actually fits in with the rest of the team. :dunno:

from cbssports.com:

Kristaps Porzingis has agreed to a two-year, $60 million extension with the Boston Celtics, according to Chris Haynes. Earlier this month, Porzingis picked up his $36 million player option for next season in order to facilitate his trade to the Celtics, and this extension, which kicks in next summer, will keep him in Boston until 2026.

Porzingis was traded from the Washington Wizards to the Celtics in a blockbuster three-team deal that sent Marcus Smart to the Memphis Grizzlies and Tyus Jones to the Washington Wizards, in addition to a number of draft picks swapping hands. The big man is coming off a bounce-back season, both from a health and production standpoint. He played 65 games, his most since his second season in the league, and averaged 23.2 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocks, while shooting 38.5% from 3-point land.

The guard-heavy Celtics needed a major frontcourt addition, both for the present and future given that Al Horford's turned 37 earlier this month and Robert Williams III's injury history. Porzingis' rare ability to protect the rim on one end and space the floor on the other made him a perfect fit for the Celtics. He can also punish switches near the basket, giving the Celtics' offense some much-needed flexibility.
Meh he is just sticking with his evaluation. Plus the signing will engender some good will from KP and others. But with his injury history and a potential bad fit, they might have waited. That said, I do not like KP because he does not really play inside and is too broken down to defend. However, he seems genuinely glad to be here and is a smart player. If Brown and Tatum cooperate, they might have a really good high post center. Edit, as was astutely already said, the extension was probably the condition for accepting the trade. Follow the money.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s been fantasy relevant in stretches, we’ll see how that translates onto a good team!

Plays a similar role to Grant

Reactions: HustleB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’ve expressed interested in SG Terence Davis (bench scorer) and PG Dalano Banton (weird player but could be useful in a bench role, 6’9 200 lb point guard)

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Strus and Vincent leaving Heat. Lillard requests trade. I will be stunned if he lands anywhere but Miami.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
marc spears said tatum is recruiting him but i can’t post a link cause twitter died

Reactions: CDJ

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
time to trade brogdon + grant + 5 1sts for dame

They can't trade Grant, It would have to be either Brogdon and brown, Brogdon and white, or something like Brogdon, Timelord, and basically all their lower contract roster players.

I don't think Dame is coming to Boston. I suspect NY or Brooklyn as they both have a ton more to offer than Miami. Best Miami can do is Herro, Robinson, and a couple of #1s. And Robinson is considered a negative contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad