Celtics/NBA Celtics trade Grant Williams for draft picks as part of three-team deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Miami has nothing Portland would want, and there's no reason for the Trailblazers to only send him to one single team. He's not a free agent and it never ends up being worth it when a team "takes care" of a player who wants out. They never get rewarded for it.

They can tell him we'll trade you to a contender, but you gotta give us more options you'd be happy with, otherwise we have to do what's best for the organization.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Miami has nothing Portland would want, and there's no reason for the Trailblazers to only send him to one single team. He's not a free agent and it never ends up being worth it when a team "takes care" of a player who wants out. They never get rewarded for it.

They can tell him we'll trade you to a contender, but you gotta give us more options you'd be happy with, otherwise we have to do what's best for the organization.

Well I do think the picks Miami has to deal are interesting, because they would be #1's in the years after Butler and Dame are gone. If you can get those unprotected, then they is a chance they become valuable . If Portland doesn't want to plan that far ahead, maybe another team like OKC pops in to give more now value rather than future in regard to picks.

But players wise, maybe someone in the league values Herro and would be willing to jump in and turn him into a few assets more interesting to Port. I know I some some suggestion yesterday that Brooklyn might get in, but not sure I see the fit there, and the rumor suggested them giving up Phoenix #1, which should be an absolute NO for the Nets

Reactions: EverettMike

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So, for the know. They would have Tatum, Brown (with his new max deal), and Lillard?

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I like Grant, he's the kind of player all contenders need but he's not worth going into the second tax apron and losing most of your roster flexibility to keep. The only reason they should be doing that is if they can make a big 4 around Tatum, Brown and Porzingis.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Refs may like them more without smart and Grant

2nd rounders have value now as cheap depth is incredibly important. Get a bunch of them and hit on a few.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dame is from Oakland which is right next to Berkeley where Jaylen went to school maybe they are talking. But wouldnt Brown be part of the trade?

It is possible to do it with something like Brogdon, PP, and timelord, and basically everyone the Celtics have under contract <10 million (PP , Hauser, Champagne) but i have no idea why Portland would want any of them

Brogdon+ White + Pritchard works under the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad