Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Fultz finally done in Philly. It was a matter of time, especially after the latest drama of him having that dubios injury.

I don't root for players to fail, but boy he's probably the biggest bust oof all time. The guy is pump faking free throws. I legitimate feel bad for him. To some degree, he's still a multi-millionaire.

Philly could be having a dynasty by now, but they blew way too many picks. Embiid fell into their lap and Simmons was a lock at #1.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
It should have happened a long time ago
WELL, IF Bird isn't traded, Ainge will ask the League to resolve that situation..... it isn't helping Boston, Portland, because if they want to sign someone else who is being bought out, much like Monroe off the Hayward injury exception

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Dy073gbU8AAfMwd.png

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Jabari Bird final update:

Cash and Bird to ATL, the rumored 2nd rounder top 55 selection is not expected to be conveyed to the Celtics as Bird will be summarily waived by the Hawks.....

this will place the MLE back in to play, and whomever lands as the MLE, LIKELY will be a piece considered to be part of a package to acquire Anthony Davis

Reactions: JRull86

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
front runner for the open roster slot now that the J-Bird situation has been resolved looks to be Enes Kantor
I like Kantor a lot but his off the court stuff scares me (it is political and I don't want to go ot or piss off the mods)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I like Kantor a lot but his off the court stuff scares me (it is political and I don't want to go ot or piss off the mods)
I was reading about him, interesting situation. Apparently since the Turkish government revoked his passport and citizenship when he supported the anti-Erdogan faction, he's legally a stateless person right now.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I was reading about him, interesting situation. Apparently since the Turkish government revoked his passport and citizenship when he supported the anti-Erdogan faction, he's legally a stateless person right now.
Its a fascinating story and the way he's handled himself is inspiring.

Turkey also put out an arrest warrant out for him so he can't go to Europe or he will be brought back to Turkey and jailed if not worse.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Jabari Bird final update:

Cash and Bird to ATL, the rumored 2nd rounder top 55 selection is not expected to be conveyed to the Celtics as Bird will be summarily waived by the Hawks.....

this will place the MLE back in to play, and whomever lands as the MLE, LIKELY will be a piece considered to be part of a package to acquire Anthony Davis

Bolded is exactly correct. They'll sign a buyout for 2 year MLE and use them as part of the salary matching this offseason.

Good move by Ainge to just make it go away and get a roster spot back.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Bolded is exactly correct. They'll sign a buyout for 2 year MLE and use them as part of the salary matching this offseason.

Good move by Ainge to just make it go away and get a roster spot back.
yea, the Bird scenario was going to be resolved one way or the other, whether it was Atlanta or the League itself....

however, it doesn't help the Luxury Tax bill that Wyc, et all have to pay this season....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Did Rajon Rondo get traded? I ask because I've heard several times that he wouldn't and I need to make sure...

Reactions: CDJ

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Did Rajon Rondo get traded? I ask because I've heard several times that he wouldn't and I need to make sure...
nope, New Orleans kept tweaking them.... that was only one proposal, keep in mind, AD hasn't been playing because of a finger injury in the midst of all of that "chatter"

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lakers trade Zubac and Beasley for Mike Muscala and are probably signing Carmelo....it’s beautiful

Fun fact about Muscala- he gets the highest % of open looks in the league and is a terrible shooter in those scenarios (35% lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille