Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not sure if Gordon Haywards ankle is still bad but averaging 10.8 points a game down from 21 in Utah is a huge drop off.
If you've watched him over the last month or so, he's finally looking more like the player he was in Utah.

He apparently had a set back in his rehab last year and pushed his time table back a few months. He clearly wasn't ready to start the year, but I think mentally he needed to be on the court.

He's been much better lately.

Paul Geroge had a similar injury earlier in his career and it took him a full season to get back to where he was once he came back from it.

I'd give Hayward the year before really making any judgements about him. If he looks poor next season, then there are some valid questions to be raised.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Good grief - they are 14 games above .500, have the 5th best record in the East and the 8th best record in the NBA. Yeah - they totally suck. :shakehead

Would you rather me say they’re mediocre? Would that do it for you?

This is considered acceptable?

The Celtics Over/ Under this season was 60 wins
this season has been horrible so far...based on expectations they do suck this year

Of course they have underperformed so far this season - even the biggest Celtics homer would have to admit that. But let's not talk about them like they're the freaking Knicks or Suns.

Reactions: pgm16 and dabid

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
The Lakers are 7-4 in their division. The Kings are 3-9. Yet the Kings hold a 2 game lead overall. The Lakers missing the playoffs would be pretty sweet.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The Lakers are 7-4 in their division. The Kings are 3-9. Yet the Kings hold a 2 game lead overall. The Lakers missing the playoffs would be pretty sweet.

The Clippers making the playoffs is what we really want. That pick could turn into someone good some interesting names in the draft and I think picks 4-18 or so don't have too much difference in value.

Reactions: Fossy21

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
A team that was one win from the finals hardly got a boost adding back Kyrie and Hayward. I'd say coaching is the 1st problem but I think Kyrie being a scoring PG hinders the others a bit bc they never get involved to the extent great chemistry can delevop. Wonder if a PG like Chris Paul who is pass first would have been better in getting the team to gel more

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
A team that was one win from the finals hardly got a boost adding back Kyrie and Hayward. I'd say coaching is the 1st problem but I think Kyrie being a scoring PG hinders the others a bit bc they never get involved to the extent great chemistry can delevop. Wonder if a PG like Chris Paul who is pass first would have been better in getting the team to gel more
You know if Kyrie leaves, not the worst thing could happen, however I hope he stays he is a top 10 in the league. I am more concerned with losing Tatum, Brown, plus plus & a load of picks that Danny has accumulated in exchange for Davis for one year. Just my view on this .

Reactions: Newbie10

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't think Kyrie being a shoot first guy has anything to do with it. He's averaging almost 7 assists per game, which is a career high. I think it's fairly obvious that it's more of a vets vs young guns type situation here than anything else.

The older guys like Kyrie, Horford, Morris understand what is needed to get where they want to go in terms of personal sacrifice, etc. The young guys don't, and are too concerned landing that second contract. Sacrificing means earning power is diminished.

It worked last year because Kyrie and Hawyward injuries allowed guys like Tatum and Rozier to really step up and shine.

Moving on from Kyrie does nothing to help in that regard because you still have guys that want to be "the guy" and get that monster contract. You'll have the same situation with lesser players going forward.

Stevens isn't totally blameless either. He has to do a better job getting everyone to buy in, and figuring out his rotations.

Have a feeling if they were consistently winning, these issues wouldn't be coming out.

Ideally they move the picks, Rozier in a S&T, and Brown to NO for Davis this summer.

Tatum still will get 30+ mins a game and plenty of touches, and eventually that contract.

Winning solves alot. A starting five of Kyrie, Davis, Tatum, Horford, and Hayward is easily top three in the league, if not the best.

Reactions: LSCII

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
112-109 win in Philadelphia.... on to Detroit before All Star weekend in Charlotte..... question will Kyrie play in Detroit?

Jayson Tatum will also be a part of All Star Weekend as the annual Rookie/Sophomore contest

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Yes - but don't get fooled by his last name. He averaged less than 4 points and just over 2 rebounds a game last season over in Greece which doesn't exactly scream " NBA Star " .
Thanks

So is he a FA available to be signed? Could we sign him and assign him to the D league? TIA

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thanks

So is he a FA available to be signed? Could we sign him and assign him to the D league? TIA
YOU already have 2 2 way players under contract to go between Portland and Boston, and 1 of those slots, is taken by Williams, the other is the recently recalled PJ Dozier.... that's the way the G League operates... those not under a 2 way can be recalled and signed by anyone, even if it's not your direct affiliate, that's why articles such as assigning Hayward to the G League, as an example, violate the letter, if not the spirit, of the agreement the 2 have

any team can sign the younger Antekoumpo, not just Maine, but if I Had to bet on who might, could be Wisconsin, the Bucks affiliate

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
C's and Pistons tonight at the Garden;

no Kyrie; Rozier IS out also; so it appears guard by committee with Jaylen Brown running the offense; could be the 1st look at PJ Dozier to see how he fits into the rotation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->