Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
OK, HERE is some updates, to lead off the offseason thread, that may or may not have been covered in the previous thread:

Player retirements:

Nick Collison: OKC/Seattle 15 years in NBA;
Mo Williams: 13 years with 7 teams; now the associate head coach @ CS-Northridge;

Free Agent Frenzy (as the NHL likes to call it): opens on the new league year 7/1/18; signings can be announced after 5 days so roughly 7/6/18;

Coaching changes: Hawks, Hornets, Pistons,Bucks, Knicks,Magic, Suns, and Raptors all changed coaches during last season or in the offseason; as of present no openings still TBD;

All Star Weekend returns to Charlotte's Spectrum Center the weekend of February 15-17, 2019; after the repeal of NC 2;

International: Dallas and Philadelphia selected for the China Global Games on October 5/8, 2018;

Arena updates:

ORACLE Arena enters its final season of operation as home court of the defending champion Golden State Warriors, BEFORE BEING replaced by Chase Center;

Air Canada Centre becomes Scotiabank Arena on 7/1/18 (MLSE/Leafs/Raptors);

and

Milwaukee debuts the new Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (WESC), their replacement for Milwaukee Arena aka UWM Panther Arena aka MECCA and the BMO Harris Bradley Center throughout their 50+ year history in October....

Team logo updates: Denver updated their logo/jersey as they head into 2018/2019;

and finally:

TV: third year of a nine year deal between Disney (ABC/ESPN), the new Warnermedia (TNT) and NBA TV

Reactions: dabid

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If Kawhi is dead set on the Lakers there's almost no deal I'd want the Cs to make for him that involves a potential starter, and I wouldn't give up the Sac pick or the Memphis pick.

I wonder if there is a deal Houston could make for him though, where they go all in on next season. That team would be pretty sick if they added him for one season.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
If Kawhi is dead set on the Lakers there's almost no deal I'd want the Cs to make for him that involves a potential starter, and I wouldn't give up the Sac pick or the Memphis pick.
Agreed. And there's no way I'd deal a guy like Jaylen Brown for one year of Kawhi... and I think Kawhi is terrific. But I also think Jaylen is maybe 4 years away from being probably 90% as good as Kawhi.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Josh Longstaff joining Milwaukee Bucks as an assistant coach... Longstaff ran the Hawks affiliate in Erie last season and is a Portland, ME Native from all media reports up here....

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Absolutely ridiculous that a fired coach bringing back essentially the same roster gets CoY over Brad.

This award is a joke anayway, no team had a better 3-4 year stretch than Stevens, yet he has nothing to show for. Casey is not a bad coach, but to be honest I thought multiple coaches did a better job (CBS, Snyder, maybe Spoelstra). The Raps had their whole roster coming back and not many injuries to work around.

Brad is going to get it one day, but it's more or less a W-L award. But the funny thing is, if it was adjusted since Hayward was lost due to injury, some projection models had the C's barely missing the playoffs. That's a far cry from being the #2 seed with 50+ wins. Nobody projected the Raps to win less than 55 wins. 59 was good, but not "CoY" great.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
NBA.....they make it hard to like the league. Everyone wants to be part of a big team. Nobody wants to have challenges and beat your opponent. Just join together and be friends type thing. They should pass out participation medals. I don’t see Irving signing here at all. I’m just getting bad vibes on this guy. Anyone else feel the same way?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBA.....they make it hard to like the league. Everyone wants to be part of a big team. Nobody wants to have challenges and beat your opponent. Just join together and be friends type thing. They should pass out participation medals. I don’t see Irving signing here at all. I’m just getting bad vibes on this guy. Anyone else feel the same way?
what? Irving is already here, nobody said Cleveland had to deal him here

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
need vinsanity coming off the bench if he doesn’t sign with golden state for a ring

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
permanently, he has no intentions of leaving
WHat I read on 985 this morning didnt make me feel great. Man....he really loves New York. I really don't know, Id love to think he wants to stay but have you seen the list of free agents after next season? He could leave, recruit a bunch of them and make New York actually good. Scares me, I want Kyrie here long term, I wouldnt trade him for anyone gettable right now. Im probably biased though as he is my favourite NBA player, Celtic or non Celtic.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I am all for not blowing our load für Kawhi if he comes without insurances. We have to remember, a package of Brown, Rozier+Sac+other picks is pretty strong and still good enough if the next star comes available. He**, we may need it IF, IF, IF (well, maybe not), becomes available.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
yes they actually are.... when was the last time YOU made 35 M for 1 season of work

Last week?

You really think people in Cleveland believe he's coming back? The money is irrelevant at this point. He's made way too much to split hairs over a few mill give or take. Couple that with his NBA life winding down, and his after basketball life gearing up, he'd be stupid to not go to LA. Way more post NBA opportunity for him there than in Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad