Player Discussion: Cedric Paquette

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
He projects most ideally as a tweener, e.g. between 2nd/3rd lines. He's a nice change of pace on a second line if he's playing with two finesse players or a 3rd liner with better than average offensive ability. It's win/win.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
9zOrvLt.png

I can't wait to see him and erne together in the nhl one day!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He projects most ideally as a tweener, e.g. between 2nd/3rd lines. He's a nice change of pace on a second line if he's playing with two finesse players or a 3rd liner with better than average offensive ability. It's win/win.

Do you think he has the skating to be viable on the 2nd line? His shot is good enough and he has a nose for the net but I think his skating holds him back. Killorn can be a tweener because he's a much better skater, same with Connolly. Think he becomes an above average 3rd liner.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Paq seems to have fallen off in play a bit as the season has gone on.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
My Goodness. I am a huge fan, but I am not in love with his play of late. I am beginning to think he needs more time preparing for the NHL, or that he is extremely fatigued from this long season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My Goodness. I am a huge fan, but I am not in love with his play of late. I am beginning to think he needs more time preparing for the NHL, or that he is extremely fatigued from this long season.

He struggles on the wing. His play is night and day from wing to center. I'm thinking maybe we should stick him down on 4C and promote Boyle to a 3W slot and see what happens.

Something's gotta give when Killer gets back either way.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Paquette to the fourth line, and if he struggles I'd be okay with him scratched. He's laying some big hits, which is nice, but the rest of his play - both offensively and defensively - has been pretty bad.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Let him center and move Flip to wing. We need Boyle's faceoffs.

Worth a shot but Filppula is not good at wing either

I'm convinced that the 3rd line will struggle unless Callahan is put there with Filppula.

Paquette looked fine as a winger with both Filppula and Callahan so I think it's just the overall chemistry of Namestnikov-Filppula-Paquette that doesn't work.

Could try Killorn there but I think only Paquette has played any RW so Namestnikov would probably be the odd man out in that scenario

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Paquette and Callahan have no chemistry.

When Killorn gets back, I think the lines should be...

Killorn - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Names - Flip - Drouin
Paquette - Boyle - Brown
Morrow

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Paquette and Callahan have no chemistry.

When Killorn gets back, I think the lines should be...

Killorn - Stamkos - Callahan
Names - Flip - Drouin
Paquette - Boyle - Brown
Morrow

Third line is still really, really bad. Probably worse than last night's third line.

We should either leave the current top unit together or go back to KFC. The top line looked great against Florida but all three of them looked completely disinterested against NJ. Stamkos seemed to click on after he took the stupid penalty, trying to make up for it.

We're running into a problem where two of our centers aren't converting well to the wing. Both Paquette and Namestnikov have looked great at C and mediocre at best on either wing.

I still think Brown is an interesting option for a promotion, and I think he played some of his best games this year with Drouin, and vice versa. I wouldn't mind seeing:

Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan
Killorn - Filppula - Brown
Namestnikov/Morrow - Paquette - Boyle (with Boyle taking D-zone draws)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Top line as it is now shouldn't change. It's been too damn good keeping possession, and they're actually setting up chances. Second line obviously doesn't change.

Third I'd do Killorn - Flip - Namestnikov. Not the best possible, but all three players are solid, two way guys, and Flip is the only East-West guy on the line.

Fourth I'd do Morrow - Boyle - Paquette/Brown

Paquette had a couple of hot streaks, but he hasn't been consistent producing offense at all. But Morrow/Boyle/Him would be a ****ing pain to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad