Player Discussion: Cedric Paquette

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Lets be honest two of his 3 goals were pretty lucky. I'd like to see him on the fourth line when Connolly gets back and have Morrow sit out.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lets be honest two of his 3 goals were pretty lucky. I'd like to see him on the fourth line when Connolly gets back and have Morrow sit out.

How were they lucky? They were dirty, but he drives the net and that's where the puck is.

Unless you want to call all of Callahan's goals luck too.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Paquette is playing great right now but he still needs polish to his game. He could improve his skating as well as defensive awareness which the A will be better for him to do at. It's hard to choose who should go down between Namestnikov and Paquette since they're both playing so well. If we go Stamkos/Johnson/Filppula down the middle I don't see the point in keeping Namestnikov up, I just see Vladdy as the more polished player where the A won't do to much for him.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia

They may of had elements of luck involved but he was still in the right place at the right time and has showed he can finish. Just good awareness if you ask me.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

You put the effort in, and I don't care about being lucky, that goal or point is well deserved. I've seen guys work their @ss off and don't get on the score sheet, and then I see the opposite, guys who are blowing dog, but yet seem to record a secondary assist for just making a routine simple pass. But the hard work really came from the primary assister and goal scorer.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

He was creating offense all night, had a couple of deflections that almost went in and a shot that Mck had to move to his left in a hurry.

You want to call a goal lucky, how about getting a puck lodged in your skate and then falling into the net to score a goal.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
lucky? opportunistic is more like it.

Pretty solid he had another two chances last night that just as easily could have went in.

He does his role very good seems pretty good at faceoffs too which is a bonus.

My thing with him is not impressed watching him center a line but now hes playing off someone else? either boyle in future or vladdy? He knows what to do in the offensive zone. I dont like him running things though his shot is not that great and he will get a lot of opportunity but will be brownish at times lol.

Good news is he as a role and has totally lived up to it and gotten better than last year. He is hot right now too which is cool for him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

The rebound goal he scored last night certainly wasn't lucky. I think there's almost no question Drouin shot low-right because he saw Paquette crashing in for a rebound. Much like the TyJo play from a week or two ago. Go hard to the net, get goals. Put yourself in position to get lucky, and it's hard to call it luck when the inevitable happens.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Quote:
#tblightning associate coach Rick Bowness on @Paquette18" "He's such a quality kid, he's going to be in this league for a long time,"
Quote:
Bowness on Paquette:"He plays hard, he's smart. He's absolutely fearless. He'll fight anybody. And... he doesn't say a word. Always smiling"

I love to hear that. I paid Jakub Kindl for Paquette and Booth in my keeper fantasy league based on what I thought Paquette would be when the season started.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
True, but Drouin is someone who really shouldn't be sitting either. Albeit positive, this really is a problem.

I am sure there are 29 teams in the league who wish they had your "problem".

Oh drat, our team has so much talented forward depth we have to keep our mammoth of a prospect on the bench. Whatever will we do!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Oh drat, our team has so much talented forward depth we have to keep our mammoth of a prospect on the bench. Whatever will we do!

This made me chuckle quite a bit :laugh:

Lecavaliers Stick

Nov 16, 2014
Finland

Well yeah, If I have to have a problem this would be the preferred one. :laugh:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We need Killorn to step up so we can get some value out of him. Connolly was doing well with that until he got hurt. What will this team do when he gets back? Drouin should be playing in Syracuse or with Stamkos.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Never scratch him again. How the hell are these kids always coming up and playing well?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
pac man is shocking he is such a complete player does soooooooooooo many small things well that is what will say is not just the scoring this guy gets it.

He has earned a paycheck and a job even if that means we are rotating guys and sticking guys on bench who truly have great capabilities a game here and there.

The problem is think we have to send someone down to A or lose a guy maybe when connolly comes back? Or would hedman force that issue?

Anyway as everyone has said is quite a terrible issue to have soo much talent lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->