Player Discussion: Cedric Paquette

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Starting to view him as a liability out there. A little scrappiness is one thing, but taking penalties in nearly every game due to being undisciplined is another thing. He's becoming too costly in terms of giving other teams PP, and it's making me wish we had kept Vladdy up instead.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Starting to view him as a liability out there. A little scrappiness is one thing, but taking penalties in nearly every game due to being undisciplined is another thing. He's becoming too costly in terms of giving other teams PP, and it's making me wish we had kept Vladdy up instead.

I'm totally with you. Dumb penalties. Not penalties you can even defend against - just the type of **** when it happens you throw your hands in the air and say WTF.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Only makes sense to bring up Namestnikov if Filpulla stays on the top line. Filpulla at 3C makes Namestnikov redundant right now. Paquette should be 4C with Boyle given a bigger role right now.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Well deserved, he's been a beast out there for a while and it has been paying of for both him and us.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Difference between Paquette and Connolly?

We don't expect one to perform crazy well, yet when he's hot he's usually good for 4-6 goals every 10 games.

We expect one to get a goal at least every 4 games and has disappointed us time and time again.

#WentThere :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Difference between Paquette and Connolly?

We don't expect one to perform crazy well, yet when he's hot he's usually good for 4-6 goals every 10 games.

We expect one to get a goal at least every 4 games and has disappointed us time and time again.

#WentThere :laugh:

Scoring is a bonus for one. For the other, it's literally the only thing he excels at. And they have about the same amount of goals.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
You're confusing Paquette with Brown. Brown is a fourth line hack. Paquette is a guy who's never accomplished anything in this league.

We have been discussing that (amongst other things Bruins-Lightning related) for the last while :laugh: :nod:

6w4r240vsW7sOpIXo9gKsQvylSYQz.jpg

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Just Spitballing, but considering Paquette is on pace for 22 goals in his 21 year old rookie season with 3rd/4th line minutes and no pp time, is it completely out of the realm of possibility that Paquette becomes a perennial 30 goal scorer?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Just Spitballing, but considering Paquette is on pace for 22 goals in his 21 year old rookie season with 3rd/4th line minutes and no pp time, is it completely out of the realm of possibility that Paquette becomes a perennial 30 goal scorer?

It's hard to project like that. I mean, he was a guy we kind of pegged as a future NHLer with some underrated skill, but this latest hot streak is kind of unexpected. The way we seem to churn out great talents lately, I'm not going to be surprised if he wins a Rocket in his career. :sarcasm:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

I would say yes. I think his peak is around 15-20 goals and 30-35 points a season. Of course, if he continues to play with top 6 talent in a 3rd line role, it may inflate those numbers.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

How many perennial 30 goal scorers are there, really?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

That's a cool thought but I would say no. So far he's been extremely streaky. He has 11 goals in 42 games, yes. But he scored those 11 goals in 8 games going scoreless in the remaining 34 games and even pointless in 28.

That said, who knows. He was a late-bloomer in juniors. I'd love to see him produce on a pace like let's say Alex Killorn who's good for 15-20 goals and 20-30 assists on the 2nd/3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->