Player Discussion: Cedric Paquette

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Do you guys think Paquette could stick as a long term guy for TB? Could he ever be a 40 pt player in this league? How did he look last game? I'd appreciate your opinions.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
He'll be around for a while.

Last night he was unreal.

He's willing to do everything Brown is willing, except he scores goals.

Forecheck, hard into the boards, shoot, pass, you name it...

The kid was on fire last night.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He'll be around for a while.

Last night he was unreal.

He's willing to do everything Brown is willing, except he scores goals.

Forecheck, hard into the boards, shoot, pass, you name it...

The kid was on fire last night.

You guys have a remarkably deep group of forwards. Do you think he will stick now, or next season? How long of a timeframe before he has a solid roster spot?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Cooper has wanted him on the team since last year. I think he finds a way to stick for the majority of the year, if not all year.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Paquette got some time on a PP unit with Stamkos, Drouin, Palat and Stralman/Garrison replacing Callahan in front of the net. They didn't do anything though because Stamkos and Garrison fumbled the puck but I think he could be a nice fit there.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i like packy think he sticks a lot of the year somehow but think odonnell is better and next year we have some decisions with guys for sure.

i think he is less than a 40 point guy he just wont get the time and wont be the focuse i mean sure if we run killer connolly and paquette as our fourth line that might get some points lol just not gonna happen.

He is not going to be a third liner for us when is all said and done we got too many other guys

odonnell same game better scorer peca next year is out of college and has mad skillz

we are truly blessed

as is next year we got to move at least one guy brown killorn connolly someone for say a paquette

all these others ikonen erne odonnell peca all these guys like paquette can play in this league at the time probably
scary

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Do you guys think Paquette could stick as a long term guy for TB? Could he ever be a 40 pt player in this league? How did he look last game? I'd appreciate your opinions.

I can see him being here for a few years but like most bottom 6 players he'll bounce around the league. I can see a Dominic Moore type production with him hitting 40 his best season but more like a 25-35 point player. He'll be an elite 4C who can be an ok 3C if needed, his skating isn't good enough to be a consistent top 9 player.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can see him being here for a few years but like most bottom 6 players he'll bounce around the league. I can see a Dominic Moore type production with him hitting 40 his best season but more like a 25-35 point player. He'll be an elite 4C who can be an ok 3C if needed, his skating isn't good enough to be a consistent top 9 player.

I agree with this except I think his instincts make up for his skating, so I think he'd be a pretty good 3C in the right mix (probably not ours). But 40 points is probably too much to ask for a guy who'll spend the majority of his career in defensive roles.

That said, he's definitely a coach's pet right now, so he might get a few more opportunities to shine than we're thinking. Cooper tends to never get too high or low on players in his post-games (except with Richard Panik that one time), but he glows about Paquette. Which you could almost interpret as a bad sign (trying to build his confidence) if Cooper wasn't backing it up with his actions, like playing Paquette in the final minute of the WPG game. IMO Cooper wants Paquette on the team, and it'll be difficult for Yzerman to send him down so long as Paquette plays well.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I reread everything here and I was willing to watch him a little closer because I was not seeing what you guys are seeing. But now he got sent down.

Anyways just in his little time up I didn't see much. But with you guys and cooper liking him so much I'm willing to be patient.

The other thing is TBL team speed with the forwards is just crazy so when I see Paquette he seams like he is so far behind. I bet if he was with another team he would be looking a lot better in my eyes. We just have so much speed.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I reread everything here and I was willing to watch him a little closer because I was not seeing what you guys are seeing. But now he got sent down.

Anyways just in his little time up I didn't see much. But with you guys and cooper liking him so much I'm willing to be patient.

The other thing is TBL team speed with the forwards is just crazy so when I see Paquette he seams like he is so far behind. I bet if he was with another team he would be looking a lot better in my eyes. We just have so much speed.

He isn't that slow. Faster than Boyle or Morrow for sure. He's going to be a smart, responsible 4th liner for us in the future. His isn't a speed game, it's a grit game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I doubt we've even seen the last of him this year. We do tend to get injured.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Speed isn't everything, just look at Brown. Paquette gets to the dirty areas and knows how to score.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Two really good players will either be sitting or playing in Syracuse when everybody is healthy.

I've really enjoyed watching Paquette-Namestnikov-Drouin though

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Somewhere in the world Connolly is saying, "Crap".

Paquette is a C, LW while Connolly is a RW, Paquette isn't taking his spot. When healthy Connolly is our 3rd line RW. Killorn, Namestnikov and Morrow are the ones who need to worry. Most likely he goes back to Syracuse when fully healthy and keeps making injury call ups.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Paquette is a C, LW while Connolly is a RW, Paquette isn't taking his spot. When healthy Connolly is our 3rd line RW. Killorn, Namestnikov and Morrow are the ones who need to worry. Most likely he goes back to Syracuse when fully healthy and keeps making injury call ups.

Yeah it was a joke, I know Connolly is not going to lose his spot to Paquette.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah it was a joke, I know Connolly is not going to lose his spot to Paquette.

I wouldn't bet on it. Paquette's lining up at the RW spot right now and he doesn't exactly look out of place. Plenty of guys play their off-wing just fine (in fact, doesn't Kucherov play his off-wing?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad