GDT: CDF #7 Dallas Stars at St. Louis Blues ★ 7:00 PM CST ★ NBCSN, CBC, TVAS ★

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Good run, overtime could have went either way.

I'm happy with how they did, sure I wanted them to go on, but they took out Nashville and almost STL

Guys like Hintz, Dickinson and Heiskanen played good and can hopefully keep it going next year

I'm excited to see what the offseason brings, we got cap space and I think we'll see guys like Ritchie, Nuke, Honka, and Spezza gone.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Hey guys, just wanted to post here and thank you guys for a fun series. We may have had our fair share of dust ups, but y’all are great fans and I wish you the best

Great series I hate you guys even more now! Which I guess is a complement in hockey talk. You guys have a good shot to go all the way this year.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
What can we get for Jaime Benn in a trade. I will take a bag of trash if need be. His contract is too high for a player that does not show up. He was trash.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Our 4th line should have been Janmark-Dowling-Pitlick in these playoffs honestly. You just can't have an entire line that you don't trust at all.

Ritchie with 7:52 TOI tonight.
Spezza with 8:28 TOI.

In a double OT game that's just unacceptable. They shouldn't be playing.

I mean at the very least Janmark and Pitlick can bring speed. Not the reason we lost the game, but it definitely would've helped rest the big guys a bit and made us faster and given us another line that's not a complete liability.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't know. I think tonight it was a tactical thing. Game 7 on the road, conserve energy when you can, weather the storm, come at them when they show the first signs of fatigue. The Blues had a very strong will tonight and kept their game strong for a lot longer than the Stars anticipated.

I would agree if they showed up at all in regulation. Weathering the first 5-10 minutes of the game is fine, rope-a-dope that if you have to, but they didn’t show up until OT. Literally dominated for about 58-59 minutes in regulation. I’ve never seen that before in a playoff game. It’s frightening.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Sorry Jamie Benn sucks, but look on the bright side - when is the last time the Stars had a disappointing end of the season where these threads weren't bitching about the goaltending?

A couple of trades/signings this off-season and Dallas has a bright couple years ahead.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Our 4th line should have been Janmark-Dowling-Pitlick in these playoffs honestly. You just can't have an entire line that you don't trust at all.

Ritchie with 7:52 TOI tonight.
Spezza with 8:28 TOI.

In a double OT game that's just unacceptable. They shouldn't be playing.

I mean at the very least Janmark and Pitlick can bring speed. Not the reason we lost the game, but it definitely would've helped rest the big guys a bit and made us faster and given us another line that's not a complete liability.

I mean two of those players are injured and had been for most of the playoffs. So it couldn't be . Both took warmups and weren't a go .

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'm really sorry guys.

You've all been wonderful and it was an absolute pleasure joining you for this run. Thank you for the way you've welcomed Zuccarello. Couldn't have asked for him to go anywhere better.

@LatvianTwist thanks again, man!

What if Zuccarello becomes a member of the Islanders next season, I'm sure you'd like that ;)

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
What can we get for Jaime Benn in a trade. I will take a bag of trash if need be. His contract is too high for a player that does not show up. He was trash.

I suggested we trade him a year and a half ago? but nobody seem to like that idea. We always seem to hang on to guys longer than we should.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I suggested we trade him a year and a half ago? but nobody seem to like that idea. We always seem to hang on to guys longer than we should.

The guy has a full NMC . He's not getting traded unless he wants to be . Not to mention when was the last time someone with a NMC got anything of real value back ?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The guy has a full NMC . He's not getting traded unless he wants to be . Not to mention when was the last time someone with a NMC got anything of real value back ?
The value is getting out of the contract before he goes full Lucic.
Columbus is about to lose 3 of their best players maybe they'd have interest in him, though who knows if he'd have interest in going there

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
Dissapointing result, but Blues deserved the win. I enjoyed playoff hockey, especially when it looked like we weren't even going to make it to playoffs in the first place, to jump on the "Trade the whole team and fire everyone" train, especially when we don't know who was playing injured.

Congratulations to Blues, I'm still proud of the team and excited for hockey next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad