GDT: CDF #7 Dallas Stars at St. Louis Blues ★ 7:00 PM CST ★ NBCSN, CBC, TVAS ★

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The value is getting out of the contract before he goes full Lucic.
Columbus is about to lose 3 of their best players maybe they'd have interest in him, though who knows if he'd have interest in going there

Lucic even at his best was a 50 point player and slow as f***. Not a good compareable . More like at a Getzlaf type situation. Doubt Benn falls completely off.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Lucic even at his best was a 50 point player and slow as ****. Not a good compareable . More like at a Getzlaf type situation. Doubt Benn falls completely off.
I wasn't comparing their styles of play, more of the situation, being stuck with 6 more years @ 9.5mil for a player that as of right now is a 50p winger, (he may rebound next season, effort doesn't make it seem likely, or continue his downward trajectory) is a bad place to be in.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wasn't comparing their styles of play, more of the situation, being stuck with 6 more years @ 9.5mil for a player that as of right now is a 50p winger, (he may rebound next season, effort doesn't make it seem likely, or continue his downward trajectory) is a bad place to be in.

Yeah and we're not getting out of that without taking some really hot garbage back thanks to the size of the contract and NMC that gives Benn the last say . Best hope is to ride it out for now and maybe look to use a compliance buyout if one comes along. Trade is an unrealistic option.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeah and we're not getting out of that without taking some really hot garbage back thanks to the size of the contract and NMC that gives Benn the last say . Best hope is to ride it out for now and maybe look to use a compliance buyout if one comes along. Trade is an unrealistic option.
New CBA in a few years, possible but doubtful we ever see a Compliance buyout without a massive rollback of cap

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The value is getting out of the contract before he goes full Lucic.
Columbus is about to lose 3 of their best players maybe they'd have interest in him, though who knows if he'd have interest in going there
He might provided their owner says nice things about him.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Without twisting the knife too deep has there been a replay close up of how close Benns shot was to scoring on that wrap around about 3 min before the game winner? At first I thought it was in

Maybe i dont want to see how close it was haha

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Without twisting the knife too deep has there been a replay close up of how close Benns shot was to scoring on that wrap around about 3 min before the game winner? At first I thought it was in

Maybe i dont want to see how close it was haha

Sportsnet had one. It was near the goal line but not in. Had he put it at Binnington's foot (or the open net) it was in.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Hats off to the Stars and their Fans. I watched Game 1 stuck in an airport with a Stars Fan.
Watching Bishop the home town boy with one of the best playoff performances I have ever seen was gut wrenching.
On Benn and Seguin, its tough to lay the blame on these guys. The Stars just dont have enough secondary scoring....YET! Hintz and Dickinson really impressed me, not to mention Heiskanen. You get so locked on your team during the season that I really didnt see these three play much this year. But wow those three are going to be very good.
As a Blues fan, I have to say that it will be interesting to see what the Stars do this off season. Zuc is going to be 32 this summer, and while he seems to be a very good fit in Dallas, are they going to sign him for 5+ million a year at 4 years and lose next years first for resigning him? Thats a tough pill.
Spezza and his 7.5 coming off the books is nice, but they have to do something with Nichuskin what a disappointment.

If they can move Nichuskin they will have roughly 20 million to spend this summer. Beef up that secondary scoring and see what Benn and Seguin do.

Fun series, as a Blues fan I have been on the other side of these loses way to many times.

Reactions: Kcb12345

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m disappointed that the season has ended, but we were able to make it to game seven of the second round. That is a lot to be proud of. We have the cap space to add to our group this offseason without subtracting anything major. Enjoyed the playoffs and looking forward to the draft/UFA.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I suggested we trade him a year and a half ago? but nobody seem to like that idea. We always seem to hang on to guys longer than we should.
Nill is an interesting guy. He hangs on to busted RFA types too long, but he’s also shown willingness to let most every UFA walk. All you have to do is compare this roster to the one from only three seasons ago. The turnover is significant. Now... some of that is because he’s had to fill the roster with a lot of stopgap vets to do the jobs draft picks should have been doing.

Reactions: Benneguin

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
The NHL with guaranteed contracts makes it very hard to turn rosters over. Plus the pool of available players is pretty small compared to football, or baseball, or even basketball.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
The guy has a full NMC . He's not getting traded unless he wants to be . Not to mention when was the last time someone with a NMC got anything of real value back ?

Clearing that contract would have provided enough value, not to mention the opportunity to give the captaincy to someone else, cuz Benn doesn't strike me as a leader of men. Never have.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Is this true? It doesn’t pass my sniff test. Basketball free agency and trades are nuts. Football players have super short careers.

Might not be now, since it's an old stat I recall clearly. But it was for a long time at least. When teams will trade for things like R and L D balance, etc., things change fast.

NMC aren't all that common.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
This is the list of players still on the roster from 2015-2016.

Benn
Dickinson
Faksa
Janmark
Klingberg
Lindell
Nichushkin
Oleksiak
Ritchie
Seguin
Spezza

And Dickinson only played 1 game, Lindell only 4, neither played in the playoffs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Janmark broke his foot in February or March already ? Eek . I thought it was the Game 2 against Nashville that did it .

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Figured Zuccarello was never fully healthy, would love to see what hes capable when 100%. Hintz is a beast, fractured foot and still the best skater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->