CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

CoasttoCoast

Jul 3, 2012
The seating capacity for rink 2=Allen J. MacDonald Arena is 300!!!
Nepean had over 600 for game 4. This is a crime, and the city should have to pay for the missed gate revenues at least. But that still does not make up for the fans who will not be able to see the game. Come early or stay home and watch on Fast hockey, 100+ people will be turned away at the door.

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
This blog is turning out to be a joke......
Here is some hard facts.....
Pembroke my team wins 5 yrs in a row...not one fan comes on here and disgraces the Kings like the some of these guys writing about there two teams in the finals....grow up watch the game and enjoy....
HEY SPORTS DUD....since sanitti has been in the line up...they have give up 15 less shots a game...and picolinnos save percentage and goals against much better than other two rds....that is the stats and HARD FACTS...

sportsdude

Mar 30, 2013
... And Elvis has left the building!

This blog is turning out to be a joke......
Here is some hard facts.....
Pembroke my team wins 5 yrs in a row...not one fan comes on here and disgraces the Kings like the some of these guys writing about there two teams in the finals....grow up watch the game and enjoy....
HEY SPORTS DUD....since sanitti has been in the line up...they have give up 15 less shots a game...and picolinnos save percentage and goals against much better than other two rds....that is the stats and HARD FACTS...

Ah, question for you factguy, what was mixed in your cereal this morning? Do you have a pet that's not feeling well? What's your problem exactly? Sorry about your kings, but SK did skip out on them; not that I blame the guy... Oh, and who's disgracing who and what exactly? Can't we just all get along?

I see comments about several teams. You may be feeling a little left out because your team is not in it? Maybe you should just appreciate that others have other things to say other than things about your team - a team that has long been out of these playoffs... I wonder why?

Oh, and you're right about Sanniti; he's freakin' good! But, here's a fact for you, Colts won a whole series without him... And, it was against the CP hulks! No doubt he makes the Colts better, but you need to look at some other hard facts rather than condensing everything to your own myopic view.

Those are the cold hard facts big guy! :vhappy:

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
The seating capacity for rink 2=Allen J. MacDonald Arena is 300!!!
Nepean had over 600 for game 4. This is a crime, and the city should have to pay for the missed gate revenues at least. But that still does not make up for the fans who will not be able to see the game. Come early or stay home and watch on Fast hockey, 100+ people will be turned away at the door.

City pay for lost revenue? That's a good one...

Off the Boards

Aug 28, 2012
Eastern Ontario
I apologize for saying the Nepean raiders where classless, emotions of the game where still present. What I should have said was the actions from several players where not very classy.
Nepean is a team that I actually like. They play a fast entertaining game and generally a clean but intensive team.
Cornwall blew a great chance at home to end this series. We dnesdsay game is in a smaller seating capacity rink because of a dance comp in the bigger one which has been booked for a long time.
Things could have been a lot different if Michael Ponterelli (The Magic Man) and Carl Belizario would have signed with Nepean. Pontarelli’s best friend is Tanner Williams, Carl & Michael are good friends both from Montreal who were convinced by Ian to play for Cornwall instead of playing behind Hedges and Norris. Pontarelli will be in Cornwall next year, Union wants him to stay put for one more year. Carl is headed to Hobart College next year.
Cornwall needed a quick fix in nets when Hafner signed with Western Michigan at the last minute. Picccolino one of the better goalies in Montreal was brought in and has done a very good job.
Nepean has 9 players moving on next year Therrien, Rodier, Durocher, Neil, Nasca, Llorca, Hedges, and Norris & Zawadski.
Cornwall has 6-7 moving on, they include Antonelli, Zion, Martin, Sanniti, Howes, Belizario and possibly Johnson. Could be more.
Good luck to all of the players in their future endeavours.
Michael Pontarelli with his “Magic Wand†has scored 15 playoff goals one shy of the Colts record of 16 by Mark Lamontagne. League record is 25.
Hoping for a great game tonight.

:)

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
Ah, question for you factguy, what was mixed in your cereal this morning? Do you have a pet that's not feeling well? What's your problem exactly? Sorry about your kings, but SK did skip out on them; not that I blame the guy... Oh, and who's disgracing who and what exactly? Can't we just all get along?

I see comments about several teams. You may be feeling a little left out because your team is not in it? Maybe you should just appreciate that others have other things to say other than things about your team - a team that has long been out of these playoffs... I wonder why?

Oh, and you're right about Sanniti; he's freakin' good! But, here's a fact for you, Colts won a whole series without him... And, it was against the CP hulks! No doubt he makes the Colts better, but you need to look at some other hard facts rather than condensing everything to your own myopic view.

Those are the cold hard facts big guy! :vhappy:

Great post SPORTS DUD ( small man sydrome ).....never had a post here in 5 years...or the other two that your colts where in the finals...

Hope Ian wins it.....

HockeyFan67

Mar 25, 2011
Eastern,Ontario
I'm also going to say Nepean in 6....or less. They have much better goaltending and their scorers are better than CP's. CP got lots of shots on Piccolino, but most games they were mostly in his belly.

Wrong

You obviously didn't see many games. There's a reason why Piccolino has the worst numbers among all the starting goalies in the playoffs. I can't see them improving against Nepean.

Wrong again....

I think Nepean will be able to bury more on Piccolino. They have much better finishers than CP.

and again WRONG....:shakehead

Great series...Hats off to Nepean!!!

overtheboards

Oct 24, 2010
You were flapping your gums before the season started saying that the raiders would be a much better team this year , WATT happened?

HockeyFan67

Mar 25, 2011
Eastern,Ontario

Well done. I thought CP would have prevailed over seven games. My hat off to you.

Now call the next round winner and the # of games Nepean will win in. :laugh:

Actually I thought CP would win also if it went to 7 games,but like I said,if the Colts would get the shot count up to 30 or so,then they would have a better chance.

Congrats to CP for a great series.

I'm gonna say Cornwall in 6....;)

There ya go Grabbers.....2 for 2....:handclap:

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Congrats to Ian on his teams victory well deserved. Maybe it will shut up some of those idiots that were yelling at him Monday night. Good luck out east Colts.

Bockwinkel

Jan 12, 2013
Now that the Colts have won the league championship and are off to the FPC in Truro, Nova Scotia, the rest of the league begins the re-tooling process.

Questions
Who takes over the coaching reigns in Kemptville, Brockville ?

Will any of the teams rumoured to be for sale actually change ownership ?

How will the rumoured 'pay for play' scenario affect recruiting in the CCHL going forward ?

just a couple of things to keep the msg board going

CoasttoCoast

Jul 3, 2012
Impressive road to victory.
Beating 401 rivals Brockville
Going into CP in game seven and winning.
Eliminating Nepean, no one else could.

Congrads Cornwall, kick some ass in Nova Scotia.

Decent season, excellent playoff for Nepean. I would like to tip my hat to everyone involved with the Raiders, Coach, owner, etc., Nepean went for it again this year, great to be a small part of it.

Last edited:

sportsdude

Mar 30, 2013
Impressive road to victory.
Beating 401 rivals Brockville
Going into CP in game seven and winning.
Eliminating Nepean, no one else could.

Congrads Cornwall, kick some ass in Nova Scotia.

Decent season, excellent playoff for Nepean. I would like to tip my hat to everyone involved with the Raiders, Coach, owner, etc., Nepean went for it again this year, great to be a small part of it.

Both teams had an amazing run. Exciting game and both teams played their hearts out.

Congrats to both teams for a successful 2013 season.

Here come the Colts Truro!

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Fred Page Cup will be great good luck to Cornwall they will need it as Summerside and Truro both are strong Summerside is the real deal.

sportsdude

Mar 30, 2013
A few pieces came together

Well said. From the onset I thought the Cornwall Colts would be "compeititive". I suppose league champions is competitive.

Congrats to Ian and a team with a lot of heart.

There was an adjustment period the first couple of months into the season and then the Colts went on a stampede in 2013 climbing the charts. Alot of what was being said at the beginning of the season was that the Colts, after losing a big chunk of their core talent last year, would be in a rebuilding year in 2013... and, making the playoffs was probably about as far as they could go.

Some really solid players came back this year forming the foundation before some new players entered the fray. So, this team developed a new character progressing throughout the year and never quit during the playoffs. The Colts demonstrated talent...yes... but more importantly as Eddy points out, they have a lot of heart and the courage to go that extra mile in order to acheive what they did this year.

Well deserved, Colts TEAM, constructed and developed by Ian! As for Napean, that was one heck of a game and playoff run. Alot of what made the Colts successful this year goes for the Raiders as well. Lots of questions about next season, but for now, this was a highly competitive league this year... lots of excitement with unexpected twists and turns throughtout - case and point: Colts win the CCHL championship! :stanley:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad