CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Grabbers

Jan 7, 2012
Ottawa, On.
Norris in his fifth game back finally finds the back of the twine! Collins with two points for OJS including an assist on the PP to put his team up 2-1 after two periods versus my Raiders. Too many men on the ice penaty proves costly. Looking forward to the third!

Grabbers

Jan 7, 2012
Ottawa, On.
Four points each for Collins and Clitsome but the killer was Racine with two late third period goals (and three points in total) including one on the PP.

Thought we had OJS but with under five left they took the lead for the final time.

Mulder tended net for the loss and Durocher had two goals in a losing cause.

Full marks to the Jr. Sens - a very entertaining game - and a 5-4 loss for the Raiders.

specialteams

Dec 10, 2011
Wow things heating up, big come from behind for W for OJS over the Raiders, sounds like it was very entertaining!

Other key games this week-end, tough one for Cornwall and PLK - Cornwall hosts PLK tonight then Colts go to Brockville tomorrow. PLK goes to SF tomorrow night and then host CP on Sunday. Should make for interesting standings shake-up and pending first round match-ups. Can't take a week-end off or you'll drop or be taken over.

Tony House tweeted Player/Goalie/Rookie of the Month awards coming my two cents as far as possible candidates:

Player - Alex Globke (CP), Ryan Collins (OJS), Roman Amiratto (Hawks), Michael Pontarelli (Cornwall), Ben Blasko (Brock)
Goalie - Ryan Mulder (Nepean), Andrew Pikul (Brock), Brendan O'Neill (CP), Carm Guerrerio (Hawks)
Rookie - Hunter Racine (OJS), Kelly Summers (CP), Darren Smith (PLK)

apparently base on voting, lots of guys had great months - thoughts?

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
NCAA Commitment

Cp Canadians announce Kevin Dufour commits to bowling green.....

Sunday should provide a very entertaining game..two hot teams in CP and PLK...then Super Bowl....cant wait!

Tarzan

May 23, 2010
SF wins. Great game!! Still worried about some defensive problems. Akeson, Lussier and Manacia on the ice way too much for goals against. Hope they can change lines up a bit to have better D coverage. Great win though..The boys toughed it out!

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
Junior Sens lose again against Gloucester :help:
Cumberland major upset over hawks

Good game by the Rangers and Johnston played well in nets----but more importantly I hope that Jansz is alright, looks like year is done for him but hopefully I am wrong.

My ref blast for the week---Gloucester scores,everyone in arena sees its over the line( i was at far blue line and could see white between puck and goaline) but O'Keefe waves no goal. He turns to ask goaljudge(light went on) and then waves no again. Knowing the goal judge I ask him after the period if it was is---his response "ref asked if it was in, I said without a doubt,thats why the light came on" O'Keefe turns and waves no goal. Now this was never about when it crossed line because whistle never blew----so please why would you ask for help and then go against it----only conclusion is because O'Keefe didnt want to admit he was wrong. Funny thing is Supervisor of officials was sitting near us, and I doubt it was even brought up.

Based on this play alone---i may have changed my opinion of worst referee from Coleman to O'Keefe, only because of his complete ignorance in trying to get a call right, because he said NO and thats it. If i was the volunteer goal judge I would have gone to refs room after period---told O,Keefe to go $%^%$% himself and quit.

Rant over, all the best to Jansz and his recevery.

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
Looks like the 8 teams in the playoffs are becoming clearer...unless Kanata strings a few in a run I think they are done. They do seem like a hot and cold team tho

CanadiansGuy60

Dec 24, 2012
Great week for the Canadians! Starts with Kevin Dufour committing to Bowling Green next year. Huge congratulations to yet another Canadians player continuing to chase his dream at the next level.

Then a huge win today over a very tough PLK squad, who had been streaking as of late. Always a tough game with their home town crowd. The coaching staff have the boys playing hockey at the highest level at the right time of the year and they are getting very solid goaltending from Brendan O'neill. No offence to the previous tenders, all of who were great kids, but O'neill and Laforest when he gets his shots, have been a steadying tandem between the pipes and could be just what the doctor ordered this year.

Congrats again lads!

Just a question. If you were a parent and/or player looking to make it to the NCAA, why would you not be clammering to play here in CP? Say what you will about Clarke and his coaching style, which I love by the way, but you can't deny his ability to get kids scholarships and move kids forward. Man is a connected genius!! Just Saying!

Go Canadians Go

CoasttoCoast

Jul 3, 2012
Great week for the Canadians! Starts with Kevin Dufour committing to Bowling Green next year. Huge congratulations to yet another Canadians player continuing to chase his dream at the next level.

Then a huge win today over a very tough PLK squad, who had been streaking as of late. Always a tough game with their home town crowd. The coaching staff have the boys playing hockey at the highest level at the right time of the year and they are getting very solid goaltending from Brendan O'neill. No offence to the previous tenders, all of who were great kids, but O'neill and Laforest when he gets his shots, have been a steadying tandem between the pipes and could be just what the doctor ordered this year.

Congrats again lads!

Just a question. If you were a parent and/or player looking to make it to the NCAA, why would you not be clammering to play here in CP? Say what you will about Clarke and his coaching style, which I love by the way, but you can't deny his ability to get kids scholarships and move kids forward. Man is a connected genius!! Just Saying!

Go Canadians Go

Been very impressed with CPC play lately. Not a fan of his coaching style, but I am a fan of the scholarships CPC kid's have been receiving, good for CPC and Clarke.

Raiders 8-3 over Cumberland
At the game. Expected a better game, Cumberland had won three in a row. I think it was 8-1 before ***. potted 2 late. I liked Bennet, Riggs (?), Debrancat individually but the team defense was not there. ***. has a smaller in size group of forwrds then even Nepean.
Nepean got a couple of bounces early, and then they were off to the races. Vered had a very good game, both ways. Strong team play, unselfish passes from Nepean. It seems like the new forwards are finally fitting in and developing some Chemistry. The 4th line of Herlihey, Durocher and Thierrien were great. Plus 5. Durocher had his best game as a Raider, and Thierrien showed glimpses of the Power forward with the scoring touch that Nepean thought he was.
Norris and Zawadski did not dress (Flu).
Hodgson left game early, due to injury.
Drouin did not play, not sure why, injured I think.
Nepean has a good schedule, 8 out of last 12 are at home, should make a move up the standings. I think they will get 3rd or 4th seed. My predictions.
1.CPC
2. Ott
3. Nep
4. Brockville
5. Cornwall
6. Smith Falls
7. Pembroke
8. Hawksbury

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
Not a great day for me...PLK lost and my 49 ers lost......

But the PLK vs CPC was a great game..3 games in 4 nights for my team..they showed alot to the fans with a hard effort....both goalies stoll the show...the goalies should have been the first two starts in my opinion.

Not sure about the CPC with three guys in neutral zone...

Hrehoriak continues to play with some zip in his game...really nice goal he scored...he seems to be getting the team going with his speed...2nd period plk really took it to CPC...their goalie played really well...

Nice crowd on Super Bowl Sunday....go plk go

Ottawa Guy

May 4, 2009
Not a great day for me...PLK lost and my 49 ers lost......

But the PLK vs CPC was a great game..3 games in 4 nights for my team..they showed alot to the fans with a hard effort....both goalies stoll the show...the goalies should have been the first two starts in my opinion.

Not sure about the CPC with three guys in neutral zone...

Hrehoriak continues to play with some zip in his game...really nice goal he scored...he seems to be getting the team going with his speed...2nd period plk really took it to CPC...their goalie played really well...

Nice crowd on Super Bowl Sunday....go plk go

It will be interesting to see if CPC can be successful with the trap in the play-offs. Teams will be able to make adjustments to break it when playing in a series, it is not all that difficult if you have good skating and puck moving defense.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Another CP Scholarship

D Larry Smith commits to Niagara University for 2014. Niagara is turning into an American CP.

specialteams

Dec 10, 2011
a couple surprising results this past week-end with Gloucester over Ottawa, Cumberland over Hawkesbury and Kemptville pushing the Braves yesterday. Shifting of the standings every game in some capacity. CP is charging with Brockville, Cornwall SF, PLK and Nepean on their heels. It's great nobody is a lock for any of the top 7 spots and of course a battle between Kanata and Hawkesbury for final spot.

This week big games Nepean @ Kanata, Hawks @ OJS, home and home between Brockville and PLK and SF on the road for two tough ones against Hawks and CP. Look for some continued movement. CP with 9 straigth wins look to be peaking at the right time, Brockville 12-13 still rolling can they both sustain for the next month.

Players of the month: Alex Globke (CP) Goalie Andrew Pikul (Braves) Rookie Darren Smith (PLK)

CanadiansGuy60

Dec 24, 2012

Congrats again lads!

Go Canadians Go

Whoops, It seems I spoke to soon yesterday. This week starts off with Alex Globke being named the CCHL's Player of the Month. Congrats to Alex. 9 goals and 11 assist in 10 games. A great month. Then it's announced that Larry Smith commits to Niagara University for 2014 and to finish it off The Canadians got the Hon. Mention in the CJHL top 20.

Not a bad day in Cp if you are a fan of the Canadians.

14 commits since Nov 2011. That is superb talent evaluation, coaching, mentoring, and relationship building. Add that to the amazing efforts of these young men and you get what we have seen here in CP the past couple of years.

I'll ask it again. Why would your first call as a parent or advisor not be to the Canadians, if you are not already committed to a program? Results are proven.

Go Canadians Go!

CanadiansGuy60

Dec 24, 2012
I don't get all the JC lovers on here, team always chokes in the playoffs

Can't argue that point! But I will anyways.

I won't speak for anyone else, but this Canadians lover, respects what Clarke has done in the short period of time the team has been in the league. The conversation surrounds his moving players forward, not the playoffs.

As far as the playoffs are concerned, last year is a major disappointment, but in retrospect the Hawks were better than their record gave them credit for. That being said the Canadians had the talent to win and didn't so your point is valid.

I get the feeling this is the year the boys break the slump and move beyond the 1st round. Won't be easy, as the league is far tighter this year than years past, but I think the make up of this team moves them on.

Go Canadians Go!

overtheboards

Oct 24, 2010
I don't get all the JC lovers on here, team always chokes in the playoffs

This is CPs 4th season and will be in the playoffs for the 3rd time , how is that choking ? They lost 4-2 to a good Gloucester team in their 1st playoff series and last year was a bad playoff for the team . When you have 13 players commit to DIV 1 and another 5 to DIV 3 in the past 18 months , its hard to reload and do as well as they do .

Ottawa Guy

May 4, 2009
This is CPs 4th season and will be in the playoffs for the 3rd time , how is that choking ? They lost 4-2 to a good Gloucester team in their 1st playoff series and last year was a bad playoff for the team . When you have 13 players commit to DIV 1 and another 5 to DIV 3 in the past 18 months , its hard to reload and do as well as they do .

I would agree that CP has been an on-ice success story for it's 4 seasons in the league. Regarding the question of why you would not want your kid there has more to do with JC's coaching style, it is not for everyone, he is loud and in your face, not every player will thrive in that situation, which is probably part of the reason there has been a lot of turnover in previous seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad