CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
That was obviously not a trade for this year but for years to come, he's got tons of upside. PG made great trade, the Raiders just didn't get the bounce this season. Seeing as your son was on the team like you said... you would have seen these bounces not going their way.

The Durocher trade was Maxime Cote and Cam Hughes for Corey Durocher and Alexander Sifton. Cote was barely making it into the lineup and to get a player of Corey Durocher's talent for a guy barely cracking the squad.

The Drouin trade as you know was Mike Milito and Derek Diaz for Phillipe Drouin. Mike had a hard time cracking the lineup with all his injuries this season. Derek was probably traded as per his comments on twitter saying the Slap shot saying, " Trade me right F***ing now."

The Therrien trade was Richard Therrien for Wyatt Trumbley. Wyatt had a hard time in my opinion from the stands fitting into the CCHL hockey-style. Richard was a big body with scoring touch. He had a pro shot to say the least.

As you can see in all of these trades... Nepean was trying to add TOUGHNESS. Yes when milito was with the raiders he added grit but he got injured alot this year.

Whatever. PG can do no wrong. BTW, I would not be shocked if he wasn't back in Nepean next year.

Sifton isn't very good.

HockeyFan67

Mar 25, 2011
Eastern,Ontario
All I'm saying is that there must be some other alternative in order to give the better players a league that they deserve to play in rather than diluting the quality of the game because the owners need to line their pockets by inserting inferior talent with the bucks in the line-up. It would be detrimental and embarassing if a so-called inferior league becomes stronger ultimately making the CCHL a joke. Maybe the municipalities need to step it up if they want to have a CCHL team representing the community. Some of the teams can be more creative to motivate fans and build a bigger fan base. Maybe inter-league games or events would help... Again, there are other possible solutions to explore. If not, move elsewhere... or, cut the number of teams in the league to make them stronger and more viable. I see nothing wrong with raising fees gradually, but not so drastically.

I don't see the big hikes that C2C devulged from Napean as being a path for future growth, but rather the beginning of the end. I think I :deadhorse

I'll stop now.

I totally agree dude. :nod:

gosensgo14

Apr 28, 2013
Whatever. PG can do no wrong. BTW, I would not be shocked if he wasn't back in Nepean next year.

Sifton isn't very good.

you seem to criticize every trade Nepean has made. Predicted they would lose all their playoff series' (didnt get bounces in Cornwall series) Saying people in Nepean have an ego attacking players on Nepean etc..

used to be pro nepean until the deadline :sarcasm:, very interesting...

Last edited:

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
you seem to criticize every trade Nepean has made. Predicted they would lose all their playoff series' (didnt get bounces in Cornwall series) Saying people in Nepean have an ego attacking players on Nepean etc..

used to be pro nepean until the deadline :sarcasm:, very interesting...

You created your account for this? What name did you go by before? Welcome aboard. lol

Didn't get bounces in playoff series? Is that what you are going with? The better team won. Bottom line.

When did I "attack" any Nepean players? Name one player I've attacked. I've been saying consistently that Zawadski, IMO, was the best goalie in the league and that they had the best forwards in the league. I guess that is attacking.

Plus, I predicted an Ottawa-Smiths Falls final wayyyyyy before the deadline - then I thought Cornwall would win the final in 6. Can't be right all the time.

Anyways, time to start a 2013-14 CCHL thread I guess.

Good luck to the Colts.

Last edited:

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
With costs going up for players to play in the CCHL, the EOJHL Junior B is going to benefit highly and become a very competitive Junior B League through out the Ottawa Valley.

sportsdude

Mar 30, 2013
Odds?

I totally agree dude. :nod:

Vegas has Colts winning FPC at 4:1.

I give them 2:1 to win FPC, 100% they'll advance to the RBC. I think most HFBs are starting to tune out because their team(s) are ousted. Not me, I'm just getting started...

Just thinking back to what got the Colts to Truro, and it's quite impressive. Braves series was close, and sorry to hear Hawk lost his job - I think he should not have been the sacrificial lamb. Truth be told, they brought it on towards the end and into the playoff. So why was Hawk canned? What let the Braves down the stretch was depth (recruiting), and a couple of difference makers, which I don't fault the Hawk.

I doubt the Colts will battle a team more fierce than CPC. So, Summerside may have a surprise awaiting them tomorrow night. Maybe not, but who cares. Colts will be there Sunday, and win or lose, they will be in PEI.

Finally Napean... their hearts were not in it? As much as the Colts can be accused of overachieving, I get the feeling some think the Raiders underachieved. I definitely felt that the Raiders were not all there. Why? Maybe someone can enlighten me? I think much of it was the coaching strategy and the TEAM psyche. Should PG be canned like the Hawk? Not in my opinion... Raiders had 2 successful seasons back-to-back... Live and learn. Hey, IM lost two consecutive years in the finals and look where his Colts are now!

Figgy duff anyone? :stanley:

StephenMac

Sep 29, 2011
I think most HFBs are starting to tune out because their team(s) are ousted.

How can any one tune out now ?

Pembroke on the block.

New coach to be announced in Brockville.

Wholesale changes to occur in the league regarding structure, schedule, fees, team composition, WOW. Hang on to your seats!!

Last edited:

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Tuning Out

It would be a much better discussion if we had some real information about league fees etc. I like following the CCHL, but the league is terrible at giving out real and accurate information.

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012
It would be a much better discussion if we had some real information about league fees etc. I like following the CCHL, but the league is terrible at giving out real and accurate information.

I heard from Bears sources that the fees would be
16yr old= $3500
17yr old= $2500
18yr old= $2000
19 and 20 yr old = $1000

This won't be an issue for players and teams since majority of these players are coming in from AAA or prep school

StephenMac

Sep 29, 2011
This won't be an issue for players and teams since majority of these players are coming in from AAA or prep school

And Prep school guys are primarily transfers and thus are 18 year olds. So AAA kids go from paying $3700 for Midget to $4000 for a well run Junior A team with equipment and transportation and all the other criteria for the Tier I labelling. Not nearly as bad nor detrimental as it first sounded.

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
Cornwall down two games to none.Needless to say but they need to win tomorrow or long trip home. Big loss (2-6) to host Turo.

sawagohabs4ever

Nov 26, 2010
...a well run Junior A team with equipment and transportation and all the other criteria for the Tier I labelling.

I can't speak for all teams but in my opinion that description does not apply to most teams in this league so I might fell better about the fee increase if you could guarantee me that it will mean the teams will actually adhere to the requirements set out when they went with the Tier 1 labelling.

And the bigger issue for me is up to now Junior has been "You don't pay to play and you have no say" but now what? You're getting rid of the "don't pay" part but I doubt there is any expectation of giving up the "no say" part but those parents that paid in minor hockey did have a say so why shouldn't they expect a say if they are still going to pay?

That would mean the CCHL would actually have to publish its operating rules so it's investors actually know what rights they have and know what they can expect for their investment. And it would need an independant outlet to deal with complaints and concerns... Sounds like minor hockey all over again or to give it a Junior hockey slant - if Junior hockey is a business as we all like to say then the person or people putting up the money have the power. Privately run businesses don't have to cater to anyone but if you have investors, they get to decide how the business is run or at the very least who runs it.

Last edited:

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Good day for Zion. Will need more than good luck to get through to to finals. Still good effort it would seem.

Good day for the back up goalie. Comes in with 36 seconds left in the first when the team is down 4 to 1. Made 25 saves on 25 shots for the 5 to 4 Win.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
I can't speak for all teams but in my opinion that description does not apply to most teams in this league so I might fell better about the fee increase if you could guarantee me that it will mean the teams will actually adhere to the requirements set out when they went with the Tier 1 labelling.

And the bigger issue for me is up to now Junior has been "You don't pay to play and you have no say" but now what? You're getting rid of the "don't pay" part but I doubt there is any expectation of giving up the "no say" part but those parents that paid in minor hockey did have a say so why shouldn't they expect a say if they are still going to pay?

That would mean the CCHL would actually have to publish its operating rules so it's investors actually know what rights they have and know what they can expect for their investment. And it would need an independant outlet to deal with complaints and concerns... Sounds like minor hockey all over again or to give it a Junior hockey slant - if Junior hockey is a business as we all like to say then the person or people putting up the money have the power. Privately run businesses don't have to cater to anyone but if you have investors, they get to decide how the business is run or at the very least who runs it.

It is going to be interesting on how the league handles the high fee and the continued expectations that coaches will be able to sit players at their will.

I am sure that the league officials have thought of this, but as I said before the lack of information on the whole fee issue is indicative of how the whole league operates

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Good day for the back up goalie. Comes in with 36 seconds left in the first when the team is down 4 to 1. Made 25 saves on 25 shots for the 5 to 4 Win.

We know Brian, we can read a stats sheet. ;) But really, good for James.

BTW, who plays in the semi? Piccolino has been brutal his last 2 starts.

HockeyFan67

Mar 25, 2011
Eastern,Ontario
We know Brian, we can read a stats sheet. ;) But really, good for James.

BTW, who plays in the semi? Piccolino has been brutal his last 2 starts.

Hahaha....I knew somebody would jump on that comment by Eddy,but the kid stood tall and played very well,and yes good for James.

I think they gotta go with the goalie that got them there and that's Piccolino.:yo:

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Hahaha....I knew somebody would jump on that comment by Eddy,but the kid stood tall and played very well,and yes good for James.

I think they gotta go with the goalie that got them there and that's Piccolino.:yo:

Only IM knows.

I predict a 95 or a 94 rookie vs an overager former OHL goalie. It will be interesting.

Cornwall could have a very strong goalie tandem next year.

Last edited:

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Did you not predict that the Colts would not make the playoffs ?

As a scout and advisor, who do YOU start ?

I can't remember, but I think I had them sixth or seventh.

Piccolino has had as many good games as bad in the post season, so he's probably due for a good one. Lots of pressure on your son, so Piccolino starts.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Royal Bank Cup contenders

So Cornwall has a rematch with Summerside for the Fred Page cup semifinal and the winner plays Truro for the Cup.

The semi final pairings are set in the Western Canada Cup. First place Brooks plays 2nd place Surrey and third place Yorkton plays the host team, Nanaimo. The winner of Brooks/Surrey goes to the Royal Bank Cup. The loser of Brooks/Surrey then plays the winner of Yorkton/Nanaimo to decide the other west representative to play in the Royal Bank Cup.

For the Dudley Hewitt Cup, St. Michaels played Sault Ste Marie in the semi-final as North Bay lost to the Sault in O/T in the final round robin game. St. Michaels will now play Minnesota in the final. Only one team goes on to the Royal Bank Cup.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Vegas has Colts winning FPC at 4:1.

I give them 2:1 to win FPC, 100% they'll advance to the RBC. I think most HFBs are starting to tune out because their team(s) are ousted. Not me, I'm just getting started...

Just thinking back to what got the Colts to Truro, and it's quite impressive. Braves series was close, and sorry to hear Hawk lost his job - I think he should not have been the sacrificial lamb. Truth be told, they brought it on towards the end and into the playoff. So why was Hawk canned? What let the Braves down the stretch was depth (recruiting), and a couple of difference makers, which I don't fault the Hawk.

I doubt the Colts will battle a team more fierce than CPC. So, Summerside may have a surprise awaiting them tomorrow night. Maybe not, but who cares. Colts will be there Sunday, and win or lose, they will be in PEI.

Finally Napean... their hearts were not in it? As much as the Colts can be accused of overachieving, I get the feeling some think the Raiders underachieved. I definitely felt that the Raiders were not all there. Why? Maybe someone can enlighten me? I think much of it was the coaching strategy and the TEAM psyche. Should PG be canned like the Hawk? Not in my opinion... Raiders had 2 successful seasons back-to-back... Live and learn. Hey, IM lost two consecutive years in the finals and look where his Colts are now!

Figgy duff anyone? :stanley:

So much for predictions.....and nice to see you also tuning out, finally.

On a final note, congrats to the Colts on a successful season. Also nice to see Edwardson do well in his only start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad