Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
PLD: 1g,0a,1pt in 7 games

Laine: 6g,2a,8pts in 7 games
Roslovic:4g,5a,9pts in 9 games

this is starting to look real ugly

You can't compare. Laine and Roslovic played right away with their new team while Dubois was sitting home in Winnipeg waiting for his 14 day quarantine to end. And now he is injured (?)

Reactions: JBM and jetsforever

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Did someone say Puljujarvi would be taken ahead of PLD and Laine in a re-draft?

That’s no joke the funniest thing I’ve read on these boards in my many years.

Has to be a troll. Has to be.
Seems like that got you very upset. Why? I couldnt know

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
You can't compare. Laine and Roslovic played right away with their new team while Dubois was sitting home in Winnipeg waiting for his 14 day quarantine to end. And now he is injured (?)
Roslovic hadn’t even been practicing when he signed with CBJ. Also, Laine was injured before covid and visa stuff.

So yeah, the comparison is more than easy to make. Some could say PLD should even have the head start here.

Reactions: wabagee

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What is this ridiculous nonsense? First of all, Roslovic was holding out, he hadn't played at all during the season. And you're complaining about Dubois's 14 day quarantine? I'd say that not playing at all for the entire beginning of the season is more detrimental than a 14 day quarantine, but hey.

And then Laine. You realize he only played 1 game for Jets, and had been injured since? He also didn't start playing with his team "right away", he started 3 games later than Roslovic did.

Considering all that, Dubois actually had it easiest out of the three.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Dubois has only played 2 games with his new team lol
Correct, so the point that the Jets clearly won this trade seems even further out there given the current situation. This trade will be judged in 2 years? 4 years? It was a good hockey trade but people have to find something, I guess. I'm just glad Roslovic is showing well thus far. I watched him with AAA Ohio Blue Jackets when he was a kid. Showed big time potential then, maybe he fulfills with CBJ

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Roslovic could be a point a game player here i know its early but the guy has serious talent. Laine we all know what he can do . This is tilting heavily to jackets so far.

I was one that was saying it would be an even trade but i'm thinking i was wrong.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

It's more like Winnipeg should have done whatever it took to make it work with these two and not let Wheeler bully another player out of the locker room

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
The trade really seemed lopsided when it happened and seems lopsided now (huge advantage to Columbus). It will be really interesting to follow these guys and in a few years see who resigned, who got over/under paid and who over/under performed.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Roslovic could be a point a game player here i know its early but the guy has serious talent. Laine we all know what he can do . This is tilting heavily to jackets so far.
It was tilting heavily for jackets the moment of the trade. Roslovic was acquired essentially for free, even if he was just a 30 point player I don't see a world where Dubois should have such value.

Right now, of course, it's an absolute landslide. Two point per game players for a "1 point in 7 games"-player.

Reactions: The don godfather

Jul 6, 2016
It was tilting heavily for jackets the moment of the trade. Roslovic was acquired essentially for free, even if he was just a 30 point player I don't see a world where Dubois should have such value.

Right now, of course, it's an absolute landslide. Two point per game players for a "1 point in 7 games"-player.

Winnipeg was over generous for sure.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
?

This is HFB... People were assessing this trade before any games played. What's so strange about that?
Ya true but Laine is doing better.
I'm just glad the Habs didn't pay what the Jackets were supposedly asking from us for Dubois .

Last edited:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

I agree that PLD just played 2 games so far, need more time.
PLD is day to day, missed the last game. Probably the next game.

But Laine didnt play right away.
He played 5 games to 2 games for PLD.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009

Indeed. It is likely that Roslovic will greatly cool down, and I would be surprised if even Laine can keep up his pace. I watched some games and he had great issues with his game, as I noted earlier. I would project him as a 30+30 player with great problems on the defense , while PLD will do the same and more with a great two-way game. But only time will tell.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I mean, this trade was based on all players wanting a change of scenery.

I have a feeling Roslovic is hot right now, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad