Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'd be a little more stressed about PLD's numbers if we weren't winning.

Watching him play makes me happy. He's always on the right side of rhe puck defensively, is strong along the boards, and uses his body effectively.

Some of those little things are allowing his linemates to contribute, and he makes up for Connor's defensive lapses to some degree.

I feel his production will come. Even if it stays where it is, he's the perfect 2C behind schief. Hopefully he'll want to stick around for a while

Reactions: RRenegade

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think the only player exceeding expectations right now is Roslovic. I think if both sides are honest both PLD and Laine have been underwhelming. PLD does more of the "little things" that teams look for but there's no doubt the Jets are looking for more consistent offense. That said, will he ever be a big points producer? I don't think so. Laine's shown flashes but his all around effort has been lacking.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
People will of course point to Roslovic for swaying the trade...but for the Jets...it opened up more icetime for Copp and Appleton who have delivered more offense as a result.

Reactions: Pongs21

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
upload_2021-3-15_12-12-7.png

upload_2021-3-15_12-12-26.png

Roslovic had a great start to the season, but looks to have slowed down.

For those wondering, Schiefele is 3rd in forwards because he's been carrying Wheeler all season.

Last edited:

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
One thing I've REALLY liked about Roslovic's game is his ability to transport the puck -- that skillset is desperately needed on the Jackets. I still see him more as a 2c and his game has looked very solid with two speedsters in Domi and Atkinson on his wings.

One things I have really NOT liked about Laine is he turns over the puck a LOT! I'm talking simple catch a pass and fumble plays. He also seems pretty picky on where the puck needs placed for him on the PP to shoot whereas prior to the trade from what I read from the "experts" is that he just needs it anywhere in his area code. That is not accurate, yet -- at least in a CBJ uni.

Feedback I'm reading from Jets fans on Dubois sounds about the same as his game on the CBJ. He's never going to blow you away offensively outside of the occasional "someone lights a fire under his ass" moments.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
One thing I've REALLY liked about Roslovic's game is his ability to transport the puck -- that skillset is desperately needed on the Jackets. I still see him more as a 2c and his game has looked very solid with two speedsters in Domi and Atkinson on his wings.

One things I have really NOT liked about Laine is he turns over the puck a LOT! I'm talking simple catch a pass and fumble plays. He also seems pretty picky on where the puck needs placed for him on the PP to shoot whereas prior to the trade from what I read from the "experts" is that he just needs it anywhere in his area code. That is not accurate, yet -- at least in a CBJ uni.

Feedback I'm reading from Jets fans on Dubois sounds about the same as his game on the CBJ. He's never going to blow you away offensively outside of the occasional "someone lights a fire under his ass" moments.

That was always my biggest gripe against him. I've seen him kill entire powerplays for us with turnovers.

Reactions: Toe Pick

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg

Yup. He's brutal at puck protection. Especially around the blue lines

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
All that matters is winning so I agree. I knew the Laine thing was going to crash and burn in Columbus. They have a $10 million winger with no Center close to playing with him. Such a bad fit and with a coach you knew he wasn't going to gel with. Really bad fit for him and the Bluejackets.

PLD will work out just fine. I said at the time they gave up more but made their team better. Jackets did the opposite. All this talk that Jackets won that deal and robbed the Jets didn't look at the rosters. I said that the Jackets would be worse with this deal and they are. Not even Torts can get this team to overachieve like so many other years when he got them in the playoffs.
Columbus can trade Laine for a bundle and keep Roslovich and be better than they were with just PLD. It's like drafting BPA , long term they will be better for making this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad