Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The trade should have been PLD straight up for Laine. Perhaps CBJ throws in a pick. So basically a swap of 2nd pick for 3rd pick plus another asset. Roslovic to CBJ was a dumb move by the Jets to throw him in.

Laine's career will be done fast. Torts going to bench him nonstop while PLD does nothing.

Out of the top 4, if you do a redraft now, I think you go
1. Matthews
2. Puljujarvi
3. PLD
4. Laine

Yes, this is no joke. JP's got his game together and is more effective. Wait till he gets out of the covid protocol. Heck, he's done more than PLD and Laine combined this season.
What a cute troll post. A struggling Laine has more goals and points than Puljujarvi in 9 less games while most of his points are outside of the no defense North division.

Nov 24, 2006
Do Jets fans not understand that it's hard to convince people to play in Winnipeg? Wheeler might have his faults but he seems fully committed to staying there. Laine was the kind of guy that was looking to get out as soon as he could. We have the same issue in NJ - players don't want to come play here so we have to be overly loyal and sometimes overpay the guys that are entrenched in the community.
I think you need to read more about the situation. Laine's "issue" had everything to do with how he felt he should have used on the Jets and nothing to do with the city.

He did not feel he should have been the #2 RW, period. He made this widely known.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Oilers still have Larsson while Hall snooped around to his what, 4th team? Oilers would have lost Hall for absolutely nothing which would have been worse.
That's not exactly how a trade's evaluated. It's similar to the fallacy of "team x won a cup, so the trade was won". One can win a cup while losing a trade, too.

Hall wanted to play for Oilers, didn't he cry after he was traded? Not sure why they'd have lost him for nothing.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Found the Laine fanboi!

Aren't you the guy that said Perreault was better than Dubois?
That's like saying "aren't you the guy who said that Stastny is better than Little was in 2016"? It'd be useful to actually read what I say instead. I compared their C depth from when they had Scheifele, Little and Perreault to now when they have Scheifele, Stastny and Dubois. And do you think Perreault was bad or something? He had 45p in 65gp.

But that's of course beside the point isn't it, since the answer to your question of: "Aren't you the guy that said Perreault was better than Dubois?" is: No.

Impressive ad hominem strawman, though.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Those are those types of things that eventually even out.
I like Jack Roslovic a lot as a player. But he's not going to shoot 30% over a full season.
Yeah? How about this.

Half of Roslovic's shots were in his most recent 2 games. It's hence interesting how much of the focus is on "whoa 30%" rather than how few shots he took. If he starts taking more shots - as he's been recently doing - then he doesn't exactly need to shoot at 30%.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yup, Jets haven't had it so good in 2.0 history as they do now:

Mark S
PLD
Stats
Lowry
Copp

More centres then we know what to do with, last night Jets played with Copp & Stats on the wings and went with 11 forwards & 7 D. PLD isn't in game shape after sitting for two weeks at home in COVID lockdown and then no games after that for 2-3 days.......I would expect by game 6-7 he should be back up to game shape and shaken off all the rust (played 2 games so far).

Makes me kind of want a Toronto VS Winnipeg playoff matchup, if for no other reason than the center matchup

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Makes me kind of want a Toronto VS Winnipeg playoff matchup, if for no other reason than the center matchup

Jets D core needs one top pairing D before I would want to see that......Jets have multi good/decent top 4 guys......but no big top pairing physical stud who plays big mins. Jets aren’t ready to challenge for top spot in the division and aren’t serious cup contenders until they add one more big piece on D. Maybe FA this summer, Jets have lots of ELC guys who can step up in the roster (both at forward & D) and have 20+ million in cap.......but no top pairing stud. Another option is cap is king in these covid times, might swing a deal to get a guy cheap like we saw this past offseason from a team desperate for cap space.

Reactions: BatVader

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
What a cute troll post. A struggling Laine has more goals and points than Puljujarvi in 9 less games while most of his points are outside of the no defense North division.
JP is no longer a liability. You should watch Laine closely and count the number of times he does not back check and coasts around like a modern day Lucic.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
That's not exactly how a trade's evaluated. It's similar to the fallacy of "team x won a cup, so the trade was won". One can win a cup while losing a trade, too.

Hall wanted to play for Oilers, didn't he cry after he was traded? Not sure why they'd have lost him for nothing.
If Hall was so loyal, why did he bolt NJ, then Phoenix. He would have done the same to the Oilers and Hall would walk. As for now, what we do know is that Larsson is with the Oilers and Hall has been team hopping.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The trade should have been PLD straight up for Laine. Perhaps CBJ throws in a pick. So basically a swap of 2nd pick for 3rd pick plus another asset. Roslovic to CBJ was a dumb move by the Jets to throw him in.

Laine's career will be done fast. Torts going to bench him nonstop while PLD does nothing.

1. Matthews
2. Puljujarvi
3. PLD
4. Laine

Yes, this is no joke. JP's got his game together and is more effective. Wait till he gets out of the covid protocol. Heck, he's done more than PLD and Laine combined this season.
Thanks for sharing.

Pop quiz: which forward got the most ice time for the Jackets last night?

Reactions: Xoggz22

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If Hall was so loyal, why did he bolt NJ, then Phoenix. He would have done the same to the Oilers and Hall would walk. As for now, what we do know is that Larsson is with the Oilers and Hall has been team hopping.
I said he liked Oilers, not that he liked NJ. Or Phoenix. Reading would help, give it a go.
JP is no longer a liability. You should watch Laine closely and count the number of times he does not back check and coasts around like a modern day Lucic.
Did you watch Laine closely last night?

Reactions: Xoggz22

Apr 9, 2009
USA

1. Matthews
2. Puljujarvi
3. PLD
4. Laine

Your post has meme potential it’s so f***ing bad.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
So far it seems the trade clearly favors WPG unless Roslovic will end up perpetual top 6 player. Laine has been all that WPG fans and those who followed his game knew him to be. Great shot, good passing, good stickhandling, good vision in the offensive zone. Weak in corners, cannot drive the play, can't really hang on to the puck in the offensive zone, problems with the speed of the NHL game, not-too-great defense.

In short: if he has time and space, he is very dangerous. Problem is, you don't get that often in the NHL. And since he cannot really generate any himself, he is reliant mostly on his line-mates to do great setups (not easy when the opponent is focusing also on Laine).

Despite getting the top line spot, none of the issues have been magically fixed. It is still early and possible that he gets a sudden boost to his game, but most likely the hindsight view of this trade will be trading a rather one-dimensional good scorer for a 1B center, which of course is in favor of CBJ by far.

Last edited:

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
to be fair i would be hella bitter too if one of our superstar we used a 3rd overall pick on asked for a trade at such a young age,torts might be a hard coach to play for but hes gonna turn you into a better player down to road

To be fair, Laine allowed his representatives to speak on his behalf. Saying a trade would be mutually beneficial pretty much put the writing on the wall that he wouldn’t sign long term. So yeah it was in Chevy’s best interest to trade Laine.

I am still a HUGE Laine fan and hope he goes on to score 50 goals a season. No bitterness here.

Kuhan jotakin

Mar 7, 2018
Finland

1. Matthews
2. Puljujarvi
3. PLD
4. Laine

Nice.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I don't know what CB was thinking here. This trade will not age well.
The main players in the trade has done nothing and will do nothing. It will age well enough whereby JP will be party of this musical chair soon.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So far it seems the trade clearly favors WPG unless Roslovic will end up perpetual top 6 player. Laine has been all that WPG fans and those who followed his game knew him to be. Great shot, good passing, good stickhandling, good vision in the offensive zone. Weak in corners, cannot drive the play, can't really hang on to the puck in the offensive zone, problems with the speed of the NHL game, not-too-great defense.

In short: if he has time and space, he is very dangerous. Problem is, you don't get that often in the NHL. And since he cannot really generate any himself, he is reliant mostly on his line-mates to do great setups (not easy when the opponent is focusing also on Laine).

Despite getting the top line spot, none of the issues have been magically fixed. It is still early and possible that he gets a sudden boost to his game, but most likely the hindsight view of this trade will be trading a rather one-dimensional good scorer for a 1B center, which of course is in favor of CBJ by far.
So far the Columbus duo has 13 points combined, dont really see how it favors Winnipeg so far. The Laine benching has just given people something to talk about I suppose

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

The columbus duo have 10g/17pts on the year. PLD has 1g/1pt

so far the trade clearly favors Columbus..plus PLD is hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad