Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine, J. Roslovic [Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I’d say if the team is better because of the trade, then you win. Looks like win/win to me.
Now you could argue that the players were maybe under-utilized before and the Jets specifically needed to change the coach or the way they play. And Roslovic’s value was low because of it. But that didn’t seem to be an option and as such, he wasn’t gonna play for the Jets again.
Both teams are better off and both win. Maybe Columbus will “win” by a greater margin eventually. I don’t care as long as we win more games with 2 top notch centres.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I was told repeatedly that Nick Suzuki is better/going to be better than PLD and wouldn’t be moved for him...

If Roslovic is the best piece in the deal, is he consequently better than Nick Suzuki? That’s the real question.

:sarcasm:

Certainly has been in the last 5-6 games lol

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I called it. I liked it. I am it.

This trade makes CBJ The GM champion disgruntled power trades.

Ok kidding.

I am pretty amazed at how well this worked out for CBJ.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Let me get this straight.

People were saying instantly after the trade that the ”Jets won by a mile” and ”Torts gonna eat Laine alive” etc.

But now after couple games (and after Laine/Roslo playing well and also producing) some of the same people are saying not to judge this trade yet. Hilarious.

Feels like you are making things up to support your argument. Go back to the actual thread and read people's comments. Most said the trade was heavily in the Bluejacket's favor on day 1...

This is not hindsight.. It was obvious to any hockey fan who has a basic knowledge of both teams....

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Laine for Dubois alone was always a massive steal.

this is turning terribly bad for Winnipeg.

i know Dubois hasn’t played but always thought he was overrated and still think it. Glad the Dubois to Montreal talks are over.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Jets' end of the deal is getting killed by the Canadian COVID restrictions - 2 weeks of isolation, and a subsequent injury that could be from inactivity. TSN commentators last night suggested that Canadian teams aren't going to make any more trades from south of the border as long as the same restrictions are in place, it's just too long to run without an asset.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
The Jets' end of the deal is getting killed by the Canadian COVID restrictions - 2 weeks of isolation, and a subsequent injury that could be from inactivity. TSN commentators last night suggested that Canadian teams aren't going to make any more trades from south of the border as long as the same restrictions are in place, it's just too long to run without an asset.

That is a moot point regarding this trade. Cows opinion.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
That is a moot point regarding this trade. Cows opinion.
How is that a moot point, Dubois has literally played 2 games for the Jets and people want to clown all over us lol.

I remember the initial reaction to the Trouba for Pionk and a 1st trade too. It takes time before you know the result of a trade, Roslovic is looking really good though, playing better than he ever did in Winnipeg.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
At this point we completely lost the Domi / Anderson trade so I hope this one evens it out

I wouldn’t go that far. If both players were shooting their career average this year, Domi would actually have more points than Anderson. Wait til the sample size is bigger, and the shooting percentages normalize

Reactions: Viqsi and Oddbob

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
How is that a moot point, Dubois has literally played 2 games for the Jets and people want to clown all over us lol.

I remember the initial reaction to the Trouba for Pionk and a 1st trade too. It takes time before you know the result of a trade, Roslovic is looking really good though, playing better than he ever did in Winnipeg.
Is he out becouse Covid protocol? Was it 2 or 3 games that Roslo and Laine got to play before PLD’s first game as a Jet? I don’t think 2-3 games is a difference maker

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I wouldn’t go that far. If both players were shooting their career average this year, Domi would actually have more points than Anderson. Wait til the sample size is bigger, and the shooting percentages normalize

You are right, the sample size is way too small to put the final verdict on this trade but at the same time, i dont think that simply looking at point total is going to be the right way to evaluate the trade. Anderson can have a positive impact on a game without having points, thats not the case for Domi

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
I’d say if the team is better because of the trade, then you win. Looks like win/win to me.
Now you could argue that the players were maybe under-utilized before and the Jets specifically needed to change the coach or the way they play. And Roslovic’s value was low because of it. But that didn’t seem to be an option and as such, he wasn’t gonna play for the Jets again.
Both teams are better off and both win. Maybe Columbus will “win” by a greater margin eventually. I don’t care as long as we win more games with 2 top notch centres.

Sorry but no giving Roslovic real minutes you could roll out 3 lines with 40 goal scorers a top 9 that can all put up 40 points and insert Perfetti into Stasny's spot next year to make up for paying Laine and have no cap issues

Copp Sheifele Wheeler
Connor Roslovic Ehlers (primarily O zone starts)
Laine Stasny Appleton
Vesalainen Lowry Perrault

Reactions: mattihp

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad