Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine (26% retained) and J. Roslovic [PART II] (MOD WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Laine's going to be a really good addition for Columbus. He isn't a center obviously, but I think he definitely has the potential to replace the star power that Panarin had. Honestly, I think Laine's upside is a good bit higher than PLD's.

I think this is a good deal for both sides. Both teams get great young assets for players who didn't want to be there, I consider that a win-win.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I instantly envision Laine floundering under Torts. Guys like Gaborik have done phenomenally well. But Gaborik had a much more complete game than he got credit for (Really solid defensive acumen using his speed to pressure guys and force turnovers) and the work ethic to go with it. I don't get this trade for Cbs. Think they got tantalized by the name

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Legit a very bizarre trade. The one thing to the people thinking Winnipeg got hosed, seriously consider the fact that they wanted to trade Laine. No team let's go of players with Laines ability so quickly.

There must be something with Laine.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I instantly envision Laine floundering under Torts. Guys like Gaborik have done phenomenally well. But Gaborik had a much more complete game than he got credit for (Really solid defensive acumen using his speed to pressure guys and force turnovers) and the work ethic to go with it. I don't get this trade for Cbs. Think they got tantalized by the name

Gaborik and Torts relationship was a ticking time bomb and was only held together in 2011-12 by a solid locker room

Reactions: CasusBelli

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've seen this script before. Laine will be unhappy and unproductive in Columbus because he wants to be on the beach in Southern California, eventually causing LA to trade for him and go on to win the Cup.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Ha, no he doesn’t.

PLD just lost. Laine would be no different.

Jarmo is program over player at this point.

He has one free play...next one he is out, guarantee

Nobody is dumb enough to keep choosing a coach over star players.

Reactions: Eisen

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
He has one free play...next one he is out, guarantee

Nobody is dumb enough to keep choosing a coach over star players.
PLD is the first player to put the organization in this situation. All others left as UFAs and didn’t cite Torts as an issue.

Reactions: Viqsi and Xoggz22

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I apologise for mis-spelling Auston. If I didn't know for sure I should have looked it up.

AM is the best player under 24 years old.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
PLD is the first player to put the organization in this situation. All others left as UFAs and didn’t cite Torts as an issue.
Yes, that's why torts survived...but if it keeps happening he is gone.

Also the Dubois thing wasn't really caused by torts anyway.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
So PLD for Danault and a bag of pucks...? habs fans forums were totally crazy all day long

Not a CBJ fan but they win this one IMO
Making a good deal happen in crisis like this doesn't happen often

We don't know what the offer really was, but it was considered in the top 3 final offers... But random hfboards posters know better right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad