Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine (26% retained) and J. Roslovic [PART II] (MOD WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Agree with many of you who don't see these players with these clubs long term. Maybe they do, as I hate to see players not stay with teams that drafted them and developed them and leave small market teams. I flip flopped on this deal in my brain already several times. Roslovic could be the wildcard. Shiefele and Dubois down the middle is dangerous!! CLB obviously had to do something and they got value. Other thing to keep in mind on this deal are the financials, term, and team control. Just wow!!!

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Agree with many of you who don't see these players with these clubs long term. Maybe they do, as I hate to see players not stay with teams that drafted them and developed them and leave small market teams. I flip flopped on this deal in my brain already several times. Roslovic could be the wildcard. Shiefele and Dubois down the middle is dangerous!! CLB obviously had to do something and they got value. Other thing to keep in mind on this deal are the financials, term, and team control. Just wow!!!
In Finnish media Kekäläinen said they have talked about long deal with Laine.

Seems both sides talked players trough before trade.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The biggest risk with acquiring Dubois is that he tops out as a mid-range #1C commanding top dollar. That type of player is basically a guarantee you won't ever sniff the Cup.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Not a lot of love in here for a 6'3 22 year old play driving centre who outscored Laine at 5v5.

Who is also about to aquire either Kyle Connor or Nik Ehlers as his left winger.

I think the Jets did well. Traded from a position of excess (talented winger) for a position of need (long term 2C - actually acquiring a 1B)

Exact opposite of CBJ

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
If Laine signs in CBJ, all good for them. If Laine is the player he wanted the entire time, even better.

I don't agree with that because this trade could've happened two weeks ago then.

Feels like it was a nice fallback option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad