Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine (26% retained) and J. Roslovic [PART II] (MOD WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Can anybody explain to me why this is the narrative? I would have thought Winnipeg got a lot better today.
Winnipeg maybe will be a better team but it is hard to say they got good value in the trade. Many Jets fan felt 1 for 1 was ok value. The Jets retained salary and added a decent roster player and only got a 3rd back.

Kekalainen wins another trade.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Not a lot of love in here for a 6'3 22 year old play driving centre who outscored Laine at 5v5.

Who is also about to aquire either Kyle Connor or Nik Ehlers as his left winger.

I think the Jets did well. Traded from a position of excess (talented winger) for a position of need (long term 2C - actually acquiring a 1B)

Exact opposite of CBJ
And his other winger in a year or so will be perfetti

Reactions: RCAFguy and Cypruss

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I feel like neither player is going to enjoy the change of scenery they were after lmao

PLD has family in Winnipeg. Even if he leaves for the Habs he's here for 4 years which is enough or he is traded.
Laine will be fine in Columbus and he also will be going to California in 4 years or sooner if he is traded.

Both teams lost nothing and both players lost nothing. The fans lost but will get over it.

Reactions: SwedishFire

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Everyone saying PLD or Laine are likely to leave in a year or two really don't understand RFA rules. This type of situation really does not happen often. I imagine both are going to have to prove their worth and will both have to play out a new contract before moving somewhere else. Both teams will have these players for 2+ years at least

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
No. Kekäläinen has already said they will be working on an extention pronto.

Yes they probably talked about it. Even if Laine is set on California, careful what you wish for, he is a valuable asset who can easily be traded for equal assets.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
Pre trade - "Laine is a lazy one dimensional player who is a an overall detriment to his team. Only cares about playing Fortnight"
Post trade - "Amazing generational talent, how could Winnipeg let him go for that?"

You just cant win on social media. looool

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
People are now saying that Winnipeg lost the deal.

If you followed the PLD trade thread the last week, those CBJ fans are not happy about this trade.

If both sides aren't happy, prolly means it was a good deal for both.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Winnipeg retained on only one year, and the retention was so the Jackets could use that retention money to sign Roslovic. It’s not as bad as people are making it out to be.
They actually didn't need the retention to sign Roslovic. They have $11M on LTIR. The retention helps as I'm sure Columbus wants to save any money possible.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Yes they probably talked about it. Even if Laine is set on California, careful what you wish for, he is a valuable asset who can easily be traded for equal assets.

I think he might go to Florida or Colorado. His training buddies in Finland are Barkov and Rantanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad