Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine (26% retained) and J. Roslovic [PART II] (MOD WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joplin

Dec 20, 2010
EU
Winnipeg wins this IMO. Get a proper 1st line center for the future and gets rid of player who can score, but otherwise disappears for 80 percent of the season. Laine is a limited player and those who think Columbus wins the trade, well they are wrong
They waited for a 1st line center for some time after losing Johansen, then got him, but they messed up again. Getting a center in return would make more sense for them

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Let's be realistic here. I hate torts with a passion and think he should be gone but Laine will get every opportunity to look good. It's either that or he's gone (torts). If it doesn't work out and Jarmo doesn't fire torts, he'll get canned for sure.

At this point Columbus has to win with Laine or big changes are coming. But honestly I don't see them making any noise with that lineup. They badly need a quality center and for Atkinson to get back to the player he was a few years ago

I don’t see Laine fitting Torts system.

I do think Columbus will regret this in 4 yrs.

Reactions: GNP

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Winnipeg wins this IMO. Get a proper 1st line center for the future and gets rid of player who can score, but otherwise disappears for 80 percent of the season. Laine is a limited player and those who think Columbus wins the trade, well they are wrong

I'd agree if Winnipeg wasn't retaining on Laine. Clear win for Columbus.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Pre trade - "Laine is a lazy one dimensional player who is a an overall detriment to his team. Only cares about playing Fortnight"
Post trade - "Amazing generational talent, how could Winnipeg let him go for that?"

You just cant win on social media. looool
Same is true on the PLD front. Lazy, attitude and no chance Columbus gets any value for him (insert 2nd rd pick and low prospect/player here). It just goes to show that we're not GMs for a reason. Now it's just a bitch session and try to downgrade either team. It's a good trade for different reasons. Period. Who wins? We'll know later in their careers.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
If by something you mean faking a back injury until he gets traded because he doesn’t want to be there, you would be correct.

Not sure if this comment is tongue in cheek but I thought this too.

Sad to see him go because Laine is an amazing player. Columbus will love him but he is pretty immature still and it shows in his attitude.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I think both teams win this trade. Both got good value for their "damaged" assets, though I'm impressed by Kekäläinen ability to make out from a really bad situation a really good. in 2016 he got 3rd overall and could have drafted Puljujärvi. Instead e got a good center who he later traded for #2 pick + roster player.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Gaborik and Torts relationship was a ticking time bomb and was only held together in 2011-12 by a solid locker room
Oddly enough sounds like the CBJ locker room. One of the best in the league. And this is not directed at you but saves me another post... People with the old narrative about Torts are simply not up to date. Del Zotto was crushed by Torts. Funny thing, he's now playing for him again and has nothing but praise. Yeah, I know, what else would a player say. But he's performing and for a minimum salary he could have tried a PTO anywhere. Players know where they stand with Torts and many in Columbus (including Seth Jones and Nick Foligno - go look at his time becoming captain and run ins with Torts - among others). You play hard, you'll play minutes and he won't both you. Don't play hard and he'll bench you.

Reactions: dfunk and Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad