Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/WPG] P-L Dubois and '22 3rd for P. Laine (26% retained) and J. Roslovic [PART II] (MOD WARNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Its funny you put Scheifele as 3rd C and Wheeler still with him :laugh: its like they are twins

But no Schiefele is not gonna be 3C let alone 2C.

Lets hold the horses.
We wish PLD CAN BE A POINT a game player.
I am hard on Schiefele now but its more on the coach how they use him.
But he still better than Stastny and PLD.
Just cut down the minutes from 26 a game to 20 minutes.
Just checked the box score..,.....damn 26 minutes for 55? That's just not smart. I don't know what Maurice is trying to do.

Reactions: majormajor

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I`d argue that Laine infact is more accurate than Ovetchkin. Ovetchin is more agile, drives the net more, faster and shoots way more and closer. Laine has a very accurate shot, but he looses to Ovetchkin in so many categories and that is what makes Ovetchkin the far better player. If Laine starts working his ass off he may get to the same level, even though it isnt an easy task

Laine couldn't hold Ovi's jock strap. That being said Laine has a great shot but will never be at Ovi's level in goal scoring.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Laine couldn't hold Ovi's jock strap. That being said Laine has a great shot but will never be at Ovi's level in goal scoring.

Wasnt that what I said? Laine has his shot, but Ovechkin is better at almost everything else. Passing is debatable as Laine actually has quite good passes. I`m actually pretty sure though that Laine`s goals are further away than Ovechkins on average. Laine is pretty accurate on them. I remember seeing some shot-map of his and is was quite different from the other scorers in the league. I wouldnt say never, but it would be hard to accomplish.

Reactions: mattihp

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So now we have Jet fans throwing out the $12 million dollar figure? What a difference a week makes from when Jet fans would demand proof that he wants $12 million.
Jets fans have always been saying he wants 10 mil plus mil what are you talking bout? At least to ourselves on the jets page.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
I can't wait to bump all your posts with ridiculous claims

Until then you're just gonna put words in my mouth, right?

Your focus is on the wrong things. Both teams won the trade but you're acting like a scorn lover, lashing out at people who didn't turn on Laine the minute he got traded.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You mean the Dubois with the attitude problems who was getting benched? Not sure he is any less of a risk then Laine.

I don't think you could find many shifts like that from Barkov.

Hilarious, Dubois pulled a James Harden

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Until then you're just gonna put words in my mouth, right?

Your focus is on the wrong things. Both teams won the trade but you're acting like a scorn lover, lashing out at people who didn't turn on Laine the minute he got traded.
No. I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Your exact quote was, "We've only seen Laine at 60% capacity."

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

It`s like 5 days from the trade and now Jets fans are downplaying Laine as he is the worst player in the league. I get the Toronto fans, but this is starting to get to the point its ridiculous.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B

Yes that part was correct. You said more than that.

I don't have much time for childish passive aggressive bs, if you have stuff to say might as well do it without the song and dance.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
It`s like 5 days from the trade and now Jets fans are downplaying Laine as he is the worst player in the league. I get the Toronto fans, but this is starting to get to the point its ridiculous.
Nobody is saying Laine is a bad player and you know it. What IS happening is push back against the ridiculous claims saying "Laine is going to score 60 etc." "He already would have several times if it wasn't for Maurice and playing on a team with Scheifele, Wheeler" (lololol) etc

Nov 24, 2006
Just so we're clear - most of us are not. We realize that Laine is a unique talent, and we want him to do well. Most of us are happy with the trade, and feel we upgraded as a team at the expense of losing a good goal scorer.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Just so we're clear - most of us are not. We realize that Laine is a unique talent, and we want him to do well. Most of us are happy with the trade, and feel we upgraded as a team at the expense of losing a good goal scorer.

Exactly and that should be the focus, both teams addressed needs and both players needed an out.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Nobody is saying Laine is a bad player and you know it. What IS happening is push back against the ridiculous claims saying "Laine is going to score 60 etc." "He already would have several times if it wasn't for Maurice and playing on a team with Scheifele, Wheeler" (lololol) etc

Well you can disagree, you can tell yourself it's not possible. Maybe repeat it and click your heels while at it, keeps my predictions from happening and you happy.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

He is not a "unique" talent. That's part of the problem in this discussion.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Laine playing under Torts should be interesting to watch. Torts is either going to make him a man or destroy his confidence for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad