Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
To be honest, I don’t know much about Bemstrom....how would you characterize his style of play? Any NHL comparables?
From what I've seen (highlights, development camp, one CHL game) he's a little undersized and not exceptionally fast, but he's a good skater, with great balance and some shiftiness. He's got very good hands and, as we're seeing this season, a solid shot. It's hard to get a read on a guy's hockey IQ without seeing him a bunch of times, but as far as I can tell, that's his best quality. At development camp he was visibly directing his teammates on the ice, and he seems to have an innate ability to see what's going to happen before it happens. One of the things mentioned in pre-draft reports was that he has a real nose for the net and a goal-scorer's mentality, and while that's hard to actually quantify, it definitely seems accurate based on my viewing. He comes from good hockey bloodlines as well, for what that's worth -- his father and uncle were longtime SHL players and his father currently coaches Djurgarden's top youth team.

Reactions: thebus88

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Foudy with his first goal (empty netter) of the OHL season tonight. Also had an assist. 2 points thru his first two games. Even rating.

9/18 in faceoffs so far this season too.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I was thinking that a list of TV/legal streaming options to watch non-AHL Jackets prospects (full games, this thread already does a good job with highlights) might be a good addition to this thread. If anyone thinks this would be a good idea and knows where to watch some of these games, please post it here so I can add it to the list.

Here are the leagues with Jackets prospects in them

NORTH AMERICAN JUNIOR LEAGUES
OHL - Foudy
WHL - Fix-Wolansky

NCAA
Big Ten - Meyer, Peeke, Stucker
Hockey East - Howarth
NCHC - Thome

RUSSIA
KHL - Gavrikov
VHL - Tarasov, possibly Marchenko
MHL - Marchenko

FINLAND
Liiga - Texier, Vainio, Vehilainen

SWEDEN
SHL - Davidsson, Bemstrom, Zaar
Allsvenskan/SuperElit - Karlberg

SWITZERLAND
National League A - Merzlikins, possibly Berni
National League B - Berni

I assume some of these players are on teams in the Champions Hockey League as well.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I was thinking that a list of TV/legal streaming options to watch non-AHL Jackets prospects (full games, this thread already does a good job with highlights) might be a good addition to this thread. If anyone thinks this would be a good idea and knows where to watch some of these games, please post it here so I can add it to the list.

Here are the leagues with Jackets prospects in them

NORTH AMERICAN JUNIOR LEAGUES
OHL - Foudy
WHL - Fix-Wolansky

NCAA
Big Ten - Meyer, Peeke, Stucker
Hockey East - Howarth
NCHC - Thome

RUSSIA
KHL - Gavrikov
VHL - Tarasov, possibly Marchenko
MHL - Marchenko

FINLAND
Liiga - Texier, Vainio, Vehilainen

SWEDEN
SHL - Davidsson, Bemstrom, Zaar
Allsvenskan/SuperElit - Karlberg

SWITZERLAND
National League A - Merzlikins, possibly Berni
National League B - Berni

I assume some of these players are on teams in the Champions Hockey League as well.

About Russian leagues:

MHL games are available on their youtube channel: МХЛ
VHL games are available on their youtube channel: Высшая хоккейная лига
KHL is not available for free legally; non-free legal options depend on a country.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
KHL on Eleven Sports
Swedish leagues not available in US other than highlights

waiting to hear back re: Finland

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
OHL and WHL streaming go through the same company that used to do the AHL, so they are super-pricey ($280 for regular season, $180 for one team, and those are early bird pricing).

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Berni's been playing in the first few CHL games, albeit limited minutes. I'm pretty sure teams can dress 20 skaters in the CHL and it seems like he's been the 7th defenseman a few times. He got 12 minutes in the last game, which is an improvement.

CHL and KHL are the only European leagues I can find TOI data from, which is a shame because for a lot of players (defensemen particularly), it's probably the most useful stat.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Berni's been playing in the first few CHL games, albeit limited minutes. I'm pretty sure teams can dress 20 skaters in the CHL and it seems like he's been the 7th defenseman a few times. He got 12 minutes in the last game, which is an improvement.

CHL and KHL are the only European leagues I can find TOI data from, which is a shame because for a lot of players (defensemen particularly), it's probably the most useful stat.

SHL has toi: Statistik spelare 2018/2019 - SHL.se

Davidsson is making his first game for Djurgården right now.

Reactions: The Wheelchair

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
This year’s draft class couldn’t be getting off to a better start. This is awesome to see.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

VHL has TOI/G stats, for example, in Marchenko's profile: Supreme Hockey League - Players : Marchenko Kirill , same with MHL: Marchenko Kirill

Reactions: The Wheelchair

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Broadcast/Stream update

Swiss leagues broadcast exclusively to Switzerland

Still waiting to hear back from a post on the Finland board re: Liiga.

Still need to look up college broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad