Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I really hope you make a wise decision on Bemstroms future the upcoming season.

I might be wrong in my accesment, but he is not close to being a NHL-player. He has been a 30% shooter benefitting massively from having the Ovie-spot on the powerplay.

He still plays very little 5v5, in the playoffs so far there are 10 forwards on his team who plays more 5v5. He is still a kid.

I hope Jarmo makes the decision to let him stay and have a big role in the SHL his first senior year. But after 23 goals, I guess that ship has sailed.

Him going over to TC and "try" and then possibly being loaned back is the second best option, but rarely a good one. When those players come back to us they usually lack fitness for whatever reason and it takes months to get on track and it basically throws their season out of whack. Like Jonathan Davidsson this year.

Peace.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I might be wrong in my accesment, but he is not close to being a NHL-player. He has been a 30% shooter benefitting massively from having the Ovie-spot on the powerplay.

He still plays very little 5v5, in the playoffs so far there are 10 forwards on his team who plays more 5v5. He is still a kid.

I hope Jarmo makes the decision to let him stay and have a big role in the SHL his first senior year. But after 23 goals, I guess that ship has sailed.

Him going over to TC and "try" and then possibly being loaned back is the second best option, but rarely a good one. When those players come back to us they usually lack fitness for whatever reason and it takes months to get on track and it basically throws their season out of whack. Like Jonathan Davidsson this year.

Peace.

He has next to no chance of making the nhl roster next year. So, I would assume he’ll be back in Sweden.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
With Tex here that gives him plenty of time to develop. Tex/Dzingle/Fligs/Jenner all can play LW fine. Foudy will likely be ready to step in earlier then Bremstrom. Unless something crazy happens at TC and he is a superstar Bremstrom should be over there hopefully at minimum1 more year.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Portzline was saying last week he expects Bemström on the Cbj next year . So either he’s become a scout , or he’s hearing this from the organization . Who knows really . 6 months ago , Texier started slow coming off the shoulder injury and murmurs of another wasted pick were thrown around here . Now he’s an impact player in the Nhl and playing damn well in the playoffs

Also for anyone keeping track , Milano has tore it up the past 2 nights in game 1, and game 2 of their playoff series

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Peace.

I'm only halfway through watching this video and I'm surprised Alexander Ovechkin hasn't started charging him rent to shoot from there.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm going to temper my expectations about Bemstrom. When I look at the SHL leaders, he scored a lot but had minimal assists. He has the same point total as Danial Zaar and the 2nd leading scorer in the league was former CBJ Joakim Lindtrom. I could see his numbers dropping next season once the book gets out on him. Heck of a release on his shot but he needs to be more than a 1 trick pony when he comes over here.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I guess i'm not seeing any of the things that y'all are critiquing on Bemstrom. Guy is a stud and has untapped potential. absolutely no complaints from me when in comes to Bemstrom's season.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I guess i'm not seeing any of the things that y'all are critiquing on Bemstrom. Guy is a stud and has untapped potential. absolutely no complaints from me when in comes to Bemstrom's season.
I think people just don't expect to replace Bread next season.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We shall see. I’m not that high on Foudy tbh. I think TFW gets time on the CBJ before either though.
TFW to me is an AHL guy or career call up. I see nothing more then a Hanikeinan career.

Portzline was saying last week he expects Bemström on the Cbj next year . So either he’s become a scout , or he’s hearing this from the organization . Who knows really . 6 months ago , Texier started slow coming off the shoulder injury and murmurs of another wasted pick were thrown around here . Now he’s an impact player in the Nhl and playing damn well in the playoffs

Also for anyone keeping track , Milano has tore it up the past 2 nights in game 1, and game 2 of their playoff series
I literally heard no one mention bust with Tex... I had Gavrikov, Tex, Foudy, Peeke, Abramov I think as my top 5 prospects to start the yearIf we dont count goalies because I might have had Tarasov in there. But most people had him top 5 somewhere. I honestly dont even remember hearing about shoukd issues. Honestly if you can find posts in our prospects threads please point them out I really want to see who was thinking that.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
TFW to me is an AHL guy or career call up. I see nothing more then a Hanikeinan career.

I literally heard no one mention bust with Tex... I had Gavrikov, Tex, Foudy, Peeke, Abramov I think as my top 5 prospects to start the yearIf we dont count goalies because I might have had Tarasov in there. But most people had him top 5 somewhere. I honestly dont even remember hearing about shoukd issues. Honestly if you can find posts in our prospects threads please point them out I really want to see who was thinking that.

No you’re right, literally no one said that about Tex

Reactions: mikeyp24

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

How did you come to this conclusion? How is Foudy that much better, especially considering TFW has put up much better numbers? Also TFW has more skill/upside than Hanileinan AINEC.

Look at how TFW’s season this year, as well as his career stats, compare to Barzal, Konecny, Zacha, Dube. Very similar. Been the best player on his team every year, unlike Foudy. This guy has much more upside than you think.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
TFW is also a leader. honestly the only thing he miss is height. even at strength he's pretty damn bulky for his size he could play near the net better than cam does.

Also he's 8 months older than foudy so comparing production both isn't really that fair. but it's true even last year TFW put more point than Foundy this year.

TFW is amazing for a 7th rounder. even if he stall at AHL I wouldn't be upset but I still expect much more than that.

He also scored a clutch goal yesterday to put his team in overtime and win.

What could you ask more than a clutch strong scoring leader in that round.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How did you come to this conclusion? How is Foudy that much better, especially considering TFW has put up much better numbers? Also TFW has more skill/upside than Hanileinan AINEC.

Look at how TFW’s season this year, as well as his career stats, compare to Barzal, Konecny, Zacha, Dube. Very similar. Been the best player on his team every year, unlike Foudy. This guy has much more upside than you think.
To clarify Im not comparing him and Hanikeinan skill wise just what I expect as a career trajectory. And honestly its not something I will be able to explain through stats as to why I feel this way its just an eye test thing. I dont see a guy who stands out in gameplay in what i call down time. Guys like Anderson even when nothing is going on stand out on the screen offense or defense as someone always a threat to hit or score or something. TFW is just someone who is good and puts up numbers but nothing stands out to me that shows me he has the next level to his game that will push him forward.

Foudy to me was held back his first year by being behind guys who were drafted already and set in the top part of that line up and once given a chance to play top line broke out. He also has that raw game to him that a PLD and Tex did that they have certain parts of their game that are exceptional but they havent quite figured out how to focus on that talent and really utilize it and I see his game expanding. I think he is a guy that has all the tools of a 2C or Mid 6 F in general with his speed.

And I have nothing against TFW and hope everyone is right about him but I think he will go down as a great Jr player who never quite figuredout how to tranlaye his game to the big club.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'm only halfway through watching this video and I'm surprised Alexander Ovechkin hasn't started charging him rent to shoot from there.

Yes, well what I said in the first post I made.

Staying another year and having a truly big role next year where he actually plays a lot 5 v 5 would benefit him greatly. His 30% shot from this season might be sustainable if he only shots at an open net on crossovers on the PP, but there is a lot in his game and deployment that tells me he should stay. I hope Jarmo and his braintrust digs deeper than just "leading goal scorer in the SHL, bring him over".

(And it would be nice for me as a DIF fan to keep him)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yes, well what I said in the first post I made.

Staying another year and having a truly big role next year where he actually plays a lot 5 v 5 would benefit him greatly. His 30% shot from this season might be sustainable if he only shots at an open net on crossovers on the PP, but there is a lot in his game and deployment that tells me he should stay. I hope Jarmo and his braintrust digs deeper than just "leading goal scorer in the SHL, bring him over".

(And it would be nice for me as a DIF fan to keep him)
He'll definitely get a shot outta camp. He'll have to wow both Jarmo and Torts to be able to get a spot. It won't be easy though...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He will likely stay another year I truly believe he will have to be like... god tier elite level... in order to make it. Tex, Dzingle, Fligs or Jenner will be our top 9 LW. If he came over we would have to protect him AND Tex in the expansion draft. I think it will give him time needed to improve 5v5 over there while having an extended role as an older player and prove he wasnt just a 1 season wonder. It is best for the team he goes back and develops hos game further and that we save that protection spot because it os going to be hard as it is qith 5 or 6 worthy guys on D to protect having more then 7 forwards will be insane. We will have to protect lets see...

Atkinson
PLD
Bjorkstrand
Anderson
Duchene
Tex
Dzingle

Z
Jones
Gavrikov (Nuti if Gavrikov is safe)

Then they will want to have a deal to protect Jenner and Fligs on offense and Murray and Savard on D. So that means trading like a 1st and Marchenko or something to get them to take Wennberg.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He will likely stay another year I truly believe he will have to be like... god tier elite level... in order to make it. Tex, Dzingle, Fligs or Jenner will be our top 9 LW. If he came over we would have to protect him AND Tex in the expansion draft. I think it will give him time needed to improve 5v5 over there while having an extended role as an older player and prove he wasnt just a 1 season wonder. It is best for the team he goes back and develops hos game further and that we save that protection spot because it os going to be hard as it is qith 5 or 6 worthy guys on D to protect having more then 7 forwards will be insane. We will have to protect lets see...

Atkinson
PLD
Bjorkstrand
Anderson
Duchene
Tex
Dzingle

Z
Jones
Gavrikov (Nuti if Gavrikov is safe)

Then they will want to have a deal to protect Jenner and Fligs on offense and Murray and Savard on D. So that means trading like a 1st and Marchenko or something to get them to take Wennberg.

I doubt Wennberg will be here next year let alone for the expansion draft. Also, for what it's worth, Foligno's contract expires the same summer as the expansion draft. I'm also not convinced that Murray will be healthy enough to still be around then.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I doubt Wennberg will be here next year let alone for the expansion draft. Also, for what it's worth, Foligno's contract expires the same summer as the expansion draft. I'm also not convinced that Murray will be healthy enough to still be around then.
I know we will sign Fligs I wonder if we can wait until poat draft to do it. Wennberg I think is gone this year for picks tbf. But he was a if still here then look at this shiny change of scenery guy. Advertise him of their very own expansion Swede aka William Karlson 2.0. And Murry I really want to have here. His injuries will keep him cost controlled for us but make it hard to plan long term what our core will be. Nuti has had injury issues too over the past few years so Im thinking If we can downplay that advertise Nuti as a young cost controlled RD trade him for a top 6F upgrade and have the core of Z-Jones, Gavrikov/Peeke, Savy as our vet anchor and then over the year have different people slot in there as needed and I like that look.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Veini(11:30), Bem(1:30), TFW(9) and the Monsters(7:30) all play today

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I know we will sign Fligs...
Foligno will turn 34 in October of his UFA year. I am not nearly as confident in your statement as you seem to be. I think it will come down to production, price/term, the team's status as a contender, and where we are in our youth movement.

Way too many variables at this very moment to know the CBJ will re-sign Fligs for the 2021-2022 season. I am pretty comfortable saying I don't think they extend him early (meaning after next season when he still has a year left on his current deal).

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Foligno will turn 34 in October of his UFA year. I am not nearly as confident in your statement as you seem to be. I think it will come down to production, price/term, the team's status as a contender, and where we are in our youth movement.

Way too many variables at this very moment to know the CBJ will re-sign Fligs for the 2021-2022 season. I am pretty comfortable saying I don't think they extend him early (meaning after next season when he still has a year left on his current deal).

I don't think there's much chance Foligno goes anywhere, he's worth more to Columbus than he is to any other team, and he's about as embedded as a player can be with his family in the schools (and hospitals). My guess is they re-sign him after the expansion draft, to something like a $2-$3m one year deal. The offer obviously depends on performance, but I think he'll still be a decent 25-35 pt bottom sixer at that point.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't think there's much chance Foligno goes anywhere, he's worth more to Columbus than he is to any other team, and he's about as embedded as a player can be with his family in the schools (and hospitals). My guess is they re-sign him after the expansion draft, to something like a $2-$3m one year deal. The offer obviously depends on performance, but I think he'll still be a decent 25-35 pt bottom sixer at that point.
If he keep up over 30 point I won't mind more than that if its just for 1 year.

As a prospect thread that's not what we should talk about but I feel keeping cap even as a 4th liner will be quite important fir Jackets rookies development

Also Veini didn't play as well today the serie is 1-1. 17 saves out of 20 shots

Bem team got two in and he has an assist on the second

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes