Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Okay I think I finally understand. Gav and other 20+ year olds have to play 10 games somewhere (NHL, AHL, KHL, wherever) AFTER they sign their ELC to have " a year of professional experience" but will not be eligible for the drat because they are considered 1st year players. This why Panarin didn't have to be protected. In this case the slide rule had nothing to do with anything.

I also think Mackenzie is wrong about Makar having to be protected by playing one game. I think he still has to play 10 to get the year of NHL experience which along with the next two seasons will give him 3 years by the time of the draft.

Why do you even think 10 games is a thing outside elc slide. Like I said copp was a ncaa sign and played only 1 game and he was counted as pro. He didnt play in any other league just a single nhl game was enough

Panarin played a 2 years contract before the draft it has nothing to do with the others. Gav will have 3 years of contract done at the draft it's nothing similar.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why do you even think 10 ganes is a thing outside elc slide. Like I said copp was a ncaa sign and played only 1 game and he was counted as pro

Panarin only signed a 2 years contract before the draft it has nothing to do with the others

I give up trying to understand. Lots of this stuff is contradictory imo. Copp (and Makar) were both over 20 when they signed their deals so I'm thinking that has something to do with it but it definitely contradicts the concept that a player has to play 10 professional games after signing to gain a year of experience. :dunno:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I give up trying to understand. Lots of this stuff is contradictory imo. Copp (and Makar) were both over 20 when they signed their deals so I'm thinking that has something to do with it but it definitely contradicts the concept that a player has to play 10 professional games after signing to gain a year of experience. :dunno:
There's no such 10 games concept it's literally just a thing for 18-19 years old in slide context or to determined arbitration status. nothing else. also just I guess this is confusing since those 3 things are in the cba but the expansion draft definition does not seem at all related to the cba.

Last edited:

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Djurgardens is playing right now in the SEL semifinals. Finding Bermsrom on the ice is kind of challenging -- red numbers on the blue jerseys are hard to see.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Djurgardens is playing right now in the SEL semifinals. Finding Bermsrom on the ice is kind of challenging -- red numbers on the blue jerseys are hard to see.
damn sponsor everywhere doesn't help god I hope the nhl never allow that.

also Djugardens is getting run over :help: at least there will be a game 7 that's exciting

Watching the game made me curious as to what is the schedule of the 4 cbj prospect still in the playoff.

If you don't have enough hockey with Cleveland and Columbus you can watch

Bem plays the SHL semifinal game 7 Thursday maybe more if they win.
Veini plays the Liiga final the 20, 23, 25, 27+
TFW plays WHL semifinal 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30

Last edited:
Reactions: su24

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
A Finnish paper says that if Veini is assured to be one of the top 3 G in the organization (even starting in the AHL) he would come over. Not sure if that's the writer's opinion or from Vehvilainen himself.
Kärppien tähtisikermä leviää käsiin – useat avainpelaajat jättävät oululaisseuran

I only think Merzlikins and Korpi would be above him. He may have to split starts with Berube/Thiessen/AHL journeyman goalie, but I don't think that would be an issue.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I only think Merzlikins and Korpi would be above him. He may have to split starts with Berube/Thiessen/AHL journeyman goalie, but I don't think that would be an issue.
Veini can't play in the ahl next season maybe is finish team is willing to drop his contract

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Sounds like he is signing the PTO and headed to Cleveland. Now I have something to follow on the Monsters playoff run.
He doesn't need a pto he's already under a elc. He can play ahl under a elc even if it slide.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
When Foudy steps on the ice for AHL Cleveland, does that mean his junior career is over? Is he in the pool of players which relinquish their Junior eligibility once they play 10 professional games? Is that 10 NHL games only?

I can't remember these rules.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
When Foudy steps on the ice for AHL Cleveland, does that mean his junior career is over? Is he in the pool of players which relinquish their Junior eligibility once they play 10 professional games? Is that 10 NHL games only?

I can't remember these rules.
There's no rule like that. If a player is still on chl roster and of age he can go back anytime even if he play 50 nhl games
the 10 game real is only to know if an nhl contract slide or not

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Bem didnt show up for game 7 but the team did and beat the top shl team this season. so they are going to the final of the SHL

CBJ prospect schedule

Bem play SHL final 21, 23, 25, 27, 30, 2, 4
Veini plays Liiga final 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 2 , 4
TFW plays WHL semifinal 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30
Cleveland first round 19, 20, 23, 25, 27 (Bo5 only)

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
There's no rule like that. If a player is still on chl roster and of age he can go back anytime even if he play 50 nhl games
the 10 game real is only to know if an nhl contract slide or not
However I do think the rule is that once you send a player back to Juniors you cannot call them back (except under extreme circumstances). So if Foudy makes the CBJ roster out of camp next year and after twenty games they decide he is not ready they can send him back to London (assuming London is still holding his spot). If the CBJ send him back, they can no longer recall him during that season.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
However I do think the rule is that once you send a player back to Juniors you cannot call them back (except under extreme circumstances). So if Foudy makes the CBJ roster out of camp next year and after twenty games they decide he is not ready they can send him back to London (assuming London is still holding his spot). If the CBJ send him back, they can no longer recall him during that season.
by roster spot do you mean trade ? or just roster spot as in playoff roster. theres a deadline for roster spot at the end of the year only and it is correct they can only recall on emergency basis which is mostly for goalie. it's really rare to see a forward recalled for emergency especially since Columbus have their affiliate close by.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think they can only recall him in an emergency situation. I seem to recall we did that once with a goalie for a weekend because all the other prospects were in europe or something like that and the Cleveland goalies weren't available either.

He can also come back once his season is over just like the circumstance he is allowed to play in Cleveland now.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Yeah but its only for playoff. Next year its nhl or back to ohl. If his team doesn't do well in playoff he can join Cleveland again.

And yeah shortage of forward rarely happens in emergency

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Yeah but its only for playoff. Next year its nhl or back to ohl. If his team doesn't do well in playoff he can join Cleveland again.

And yeah shortage of forward rarely happens in emergency
Exactly, an emergency recall from junior for a forward won't ever happen. The only way he would return to Cleveland next year would be after his OHL season ends.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Exactly, an emergency recall from junior for a forward won't ever happen. The only way he would return to Cleveland next year would be after his OHL season ends.
Maybe the whoke ahl team ate bad eggs sandwicess on the bus that's yhe most possible I can think of.

Also game start a 7pm tomorrow for Cleveland

9pm for TFW game if interested the Little guy is fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->