Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, Tarasov's team took 12 penalties.
That makes his performance even more impressive.

I don't know who will rise to the top - and many of you follow prospects more closely - but it seems to me we have three netminders with potential and one should emerge as a highly capable CBJ starting goaltender.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Veini with 24 saves SO in Game 3 in semifinal. 3:0 (2 EN goals) He was facing shots in yellow.

vein.md.jpg

Reactions: Jackets16

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Do you think Jarmo still has interest in Samuel Asselin?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That makes his performance even more impressive.

I don't know who will rise to the top - and many of you follow prospects more closely - but it seems to me we have three netminders with potential and one should emerge as a highly capable CBJ starting goaltender.
Let me start by saying personally I feel like I have a horse in the race rather then saying Im a fan of both because both are prospects. From the time of that draft I had heard about Tarasov's story and his connections to Bob from the home city and looking up to him etc and then once we drafted him he was my favorite. He was a 1st round talent overlooked because surgery kept him out of the WJC so people ignored him and we took him at a spot some at broadcasting table said was high becauae he was still recovering from surgery and no one knew how the kid would recover. Jackets saw value where others didnt. So since then and backed up by his steller numbers Ive backed him.

Vehvilainen has truly been great as well but he has had the better team in front of him and im pretty sure is older and had more time to develop but yet isnt at where I feel Tarasov is.

But 100% transparency I do have a bias towards Tarasov but trying to put it aside I still believe he is CURRENTLY the better goalie. Im all for playong both 41 games a year and letting them both ride streaks and keeping both fresh. Even in early years letting 1 go to Cleveland to get conditioning games in to stay prepared when the other is riding a hot streak. I whole heartedly feel 1 of these 2 will.be out next long term starter of the future.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Let me start by saying personally I feel like I have a horse in the race rather then saying Im a fan of both because both are prospects. From the time of that draft I had heard about Tarasov's story and his connections to Bob from the home city and looking up to him etc and then once we drafted him he was my favorite. He was a 1st round talent overlooked because surgery kept him out of the WJC so people ignored him and we took him at a spot some at broadcasting table said was high becauae he was still recovering from surgery and no one knew how the kid would recover. Jackets saw value where others didnt. So since then and backed up by his steller numbers Ive backed him.

Vehvilainen has truly been great as well but he has had the better team in front of him and im pretty sure is older and had more time to develop but yet isnt at where I feel Tarasov is.

But 100% transparency I do have a bias towards Tarasov but trying to put it aside I still believe he is CURRENTLY the better goalie. Im all for playong both 41 games a year and letting them both ride streaks and keeping both fresh. Even in early years letting 1 go to Cleveland to get conditioning games in to stay prepared when the other is riding a hot streak. I whole heartedly feel 1 of these 2 will.be out next long term starter of the future.
I truly don’t have a bias or horse in this race. I think it’s exceptionally hard to compare the two at the moment. You said VV is older and had more time to develop but you still don’t think he is where Tarasov is.

VV has also been playing against men in perhaps the third or fourth best league in the world. Tarasov has played really well but he played the majority of the year in the Russian minors. Probably not even one of the top ten leagues in the world. The level of competition is completely incomparable.

My guess. If Tarasov is on a normal development track he signs a two year deal with a KHL team for next season. Shares the net with another guy hoping to get half the starts and then claims the starters job for that team in 2020-2021. Maybe they start talking about bringing him to NA for 2021-2022 season.

Reactions: Viqsi

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Every once in awhile Foudy does something like that and it makes me think hes one of those guys that going to do etter at higher levels. At the same time it would be nice to see a little more consistency, I think he'll get there though and be a nice 2nd line LW

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Every once in awhile Foudy does something like that and it makes me think hes one of those guys that going to do etter at higher levels. At the same time it would be nice to see a little more consistency, I think he'll get there though and be a nice 2nd line LW

He & Tex could be the answer to our LW shortage. Hopefully.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Another goal from Bemström today as Djurgården tied the series to 1-1. Also took over as the first line centre as Jacob Josefson left the ice with a shoulder injury. By the looks of it I wouldn't be surprised if he's done for the season so if Bemström keeps his play up like he did today he might be our 1c for the rest of the playoffs.

Djurgården Hockey - Färjestad BK

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Another goal from Bemström today as Djurgården tied the series to 1-1. Also took over as the first line centre as Jacob Josefson left the ice with a shoulder injury. By the looks of it I wouldn't be surprised if he's done for the season so if Bemström keeps his play up like he did today he might be our 1c for the rest of the playoffs.

Djurgården Hockey - Färjestad BK
Jacob Josefson...like the former first round pick Jacob Josefson? Dude never could put it together in the NHL.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Jacob Josefson...like the former first round pick Jacob Josefson? Dude never could put it together in the NHL.

Yes, that Jacob Josefson. Never really had what it took to be more than a 4th liner in the NHL but in any other league he's a top centre.

Anyway Bemström has been playing on the wing this entire season besides one game so it's not just a move up the lines but also a change of position.

Edit: Coach said it's day to day and not as bad as it looked. So back on the wing soon maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Gavrikov was drafted in 2015. The way I read the CBA is if he doesn't sign by June 1 of this year we lose his rights. Good news is he would have to sign a 2 yr ELC with no way to burn the first year now.
Is this correct?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Gavrikov was drafted in 2015. The way I read the CBA is if he doesn't sign by June 1 of this year we lose his rights. Good news is he would have to sign a 2 yr ELC with no way to burn the first year now.
Is this correct?
No. He was drafted from the league without transfer agreement. We hold his rights indefinitely.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No. He was drafted from the league without transfer agreement. We hold his rights indefinitely.

While this appears to be good news, I couldn't find anything in the CBA that says that. All I could find was:

(d) Players Drafted from a Club Outside North America.
(i) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if
a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is drafted from a club outside North
America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation
for his services through and including the fourth June 1 following his
selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to
such Player to retain such rights.

Do you have a link to your info?

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
While this appears to be good news, I couldn't find anything in the CBA that says that. All I could find was:

Do you have a link to your info?
I can't find it in the CBA, but Merzlikins was drafted in 2014 and the Jackets retained his rights through this summer, so I'd imagine the same applies to Gavrikov. Here's an ESPN article that says NHL teams retain draft rights to KHL players in perpetuity, for what it's worth.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
CBJ still technically hold the rights to Sergei Mozyakin and he was drafted in 2002. I'm pretty sure we basically hold the rights to Gavrikov forever.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm not sure I understand how the CBJ are handling Eric Robinson. They call him up and he plays decently for a week. They don't do the paper move on trade deadline day that makes him eligible for the AHL playoffs. He has essentially been a healthy scratch ever since. Now he is part of the group that didn't even make the trip to Tampa with the rest of the team.

He may not be part of a long term solution for the team but it doesn't seem like his development is being handled very well over the last couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad