Eklund Rumor: CBJ offer sheet to Barzal (Mod Warning post #14)

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
He’s not better than Marner, though he plays a more valuable position, and Marner is egregiously overpaid. Marner is the only RFA last year that was able to milk a UFA-style contract out of their GM.

Barzal is better than Marner. Barzal is near 1 PPG in a defensive trap system. It's very impressive. And Barzal does great in the playoffs.

Marner is a good regular season player, for sure, but he's heartless and disappears in the playoffs. Marner is like a slightly better Voracek from Philadelphia...I pass.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
It’s not a big deal that teams offer sheet Dubois. Or anyone else.

The players have to SIGN the offer sheets for them to be if any consequence.

You don't think PLD would take 10+ million to be the #1C for the hometown team he grew up cheering for?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I’ve been in the area quite a few times. It’s a nice area but also very interesting to say the least. Cost of living is extremely affordable but still doesn’t rival Long Island and all.
Sure, but that goes for 99% of the teams in the league. Columbus isn't unique in that regard.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
But he's worse than Aho and Aho earns $8.5m...

Not certain I agree. Aho is a great player, but he's surrounded by a ton of talent too. They're equal and this is a OS we're talking about...so of course it's going to be an overpayment

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I mean you’ve got college football, Waffle House and the Arnold Classic in March. What else did I miss beside the occasional events that rival Florida Man?

For a young person, you have the largest college in the country next to downtown next to a beautiful and fun arena district (confluence park, short north, and other small pockets provide even more fun spots)...

For someone more established, the suburbs are incredibly nice and the cost of living makes them even more enticing.

I moved back to Columbus from Tampa... by choice lol.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Columbus doesn't have their 2nd round pick next year so that means they can only offer a max of 6.5M (1st + 3rd) or 10.9M+ (4 x 1st)

I don't see either as realistic

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I speculated this as a possibility yesterday. Got all that cap. Jarmo isn't one to play it safe either

Reactions: Fro

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Columbus doesn't have their 2nd round pick next year so that means they can only offer a max of 6.5M (1st + 3rd) or 10.9M+ (4 x 1st)

If they aren't doing 10.9+ you aren't getting Barzal

Cbus1979

Jan 18, 2014
Columbus has deep pockets..never been a budget team.Forbes has cbj owner JPM at#13 wealthiest nhl owner at 3 billion net worth. Also co owner Nationwide ins. has even deeper pockets.They can afford to make moves.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Those 4? No. I would match even at that level of 4 firsts. The cost certainty long term might actually be a good thing.

But its not going to happen.

I agree it's not going to happen but I think taking 1st's is a risk. Especially after the first few picks in any draft it becomes a crapshoot. Boston has three 1st's in a row before Barzal and only have Debrusk to show for it (whom is a good player and all, but not the same value as Barzal). I prefer the sure thing.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Columbus has deep pockets..never been a budget team.Forbes has cbj owner JPM at#13 wealthiest nhl owner at 3 billion net worth. Also co owner Nationwide ins. has even deeper pockets.They can afford to make moves.

No, we don't. We have OSU and cows and that's it!!

That being said, not a big fan of offer sheets. Just feels kind of dirty

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

They could extend the length to be 7 years though. The total value for the contract is divided by 5 if the length is greater than 5. So if its more than 7 years all it has to be is greater than 8 to hit 4 firsts.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad