Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/NYR] Adam McQuaid for 2019 4th and 7th round picks and Julius Bergman

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Columbus is bound to have no draft picks because they're trading them all away. Like how they're going all in, all chips on the table, all hands on deck.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
At least they died trying, that's better than doing nothing.
Except there was also the option of being realistic about the fact that they have extremely long odds of winning even with these additions and moving Panarin and Bob rather than self-renting the two most valuable assets they have and spending more on an extremely long shot.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Except there was also the option of being realistic about the fact that they have extremely long odds of winning even with these additions and moving Panarin and Bob rather than self-renting the two most valuable assets they have and spending more on an extremely long shot.
Yes, better be a bubble team a la Minnesota Wild for 5 more years!

I think only Tampa is a team Columbus needs to fear in the playoffs. Everyone else is doable.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yes, better be a bubble team a la Minnesota Wild for 5 more years!

I think only Tampa is a team Columbus needs to fear in the playoffs. Everyone else is doable.
Odds are CBJ and Minnesota both end the year cupless, but the Wild won't see 3 hugely valuable pieces walk for nothing and then go to the draft with two picks.

Plus there's also the third option of being realistic, moving the huge pending UFAs who won't commit, and reloading for a quick turnaround.

Reactions: hi

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Blue Jackers about to skip the draft? I like Jarmo going all in though.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
So a 3rd and CGY 7th is available

1st OUT Matt Duchene trade
2nd OUT William Karlsson expansion draft trade
3rd STILL AVAILABLE
4th OUT McQuaid's trade
5th OUT for 2018th 6th round (Tim Berni)
6th OUT Ryan MacInnis trade
7th OUT McQuaid's trade
7th IN (from CGY) with Duclair's trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad