Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/NYR] Adam McQuaid for 2019 4th and 7th round picks and Julius Bergman

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Columbus now has TWO picks in the 2019 Draft... CBJ 3rd, CGY 7th

They have PIT 7th conditionally, but that is if Siebenaler plays in 10 games for PIT this season, which is highly unlikely.

Reactions: McDonald19

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
BF5mjAj.png

Jarmo be like "alright, now what rental can we get for a 2019 3rd & 2021 3rd, and a couple of 4ths?"

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Jarmo actually has a family wedding the weekend of the draft so he figures..."f*** it. If we have no picks I can't be expected to go..right?!"

Reactions: We Want Ten

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't see the price, but since CBJ has pretty much no draft picks left, is it for some of Jarmo's organs?
We have all of two draft picks left in 2019. CBJ 3rd, and whichever of ours or Calgary's 7ths we didn't just give up for McQuaid.

Well, okay, it's hypothetically possible we might also get Pittsburgh's 7th, but that would require Blake Siebenaler to play 10 games in the NHL and, yeah, not happening.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean hey, I'll give them credit, they know this is their only shot to do anything with the current core because bread and Bob are good as gone. And being in a playoff spot as is instead of selling they're going all f***ing in.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Ok tell me how theyre in a bad position moving forward with their core locked up going forward and over 30m in capspace next season? They didn't move a single piece of their core and don't retain any salary onwards.

You're saying they blew up their future because they didn't recoup some B level prospects and low end first rounders? Who is ignorant now? They made a low risk cup push that cost them next to nothing.

So Panarin isn’t part of their core? Or how about Bobrovsky? How can you say they have locked up there core for the future? Their two best players aren’t signed?

And if you think they have enough top end talent to win a cup with what is on their roster, is foolish. They haven’t even got close with Panarin and Bob. It’s foolish think to think that would change without their two best players.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm all for going all in especially when you have 2 of your better players who may leave this summer still you got to leave something in the cupboard for the future. 2 draft picks in 2019 isn't good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad