Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/NYR] Adam McQuaid for 2019 4th and 7th round picks and Julius Bergman

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I thought he would get more than what the Bruins got, instead he got less (because the picks are lower within the rounds). In any case, I'll be pulling for Columbus in the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'm all for going all in especially when you have 2 of your better players who may leave this summer still you got to leave something in the cupboard for the future. 2 draft picks in 2019 isn't good.
At the press conference over the weekend Jarmo said there will be plenty of time to recoup draft picks after the season ends should they decide to do so.

Reactions: uncleben

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I mean hey, I'll give them credit, they know this is their only shot to do anything with the current core because bread and Bob are good as gone. And being in a playoff spot as is instead of selling they're going all ****ing in.

It is refreshing to see a GM play a high stakes game of poker like this, I'll give him that. All the chips to the center of the table.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So Panarin isn’t part of their core? Or how about Bobrovsky? How can you say they have locked up there core for the future? Their two best players aren’t signed?

And if you think they have enough top end talent to win a cup with what is on their roster, is foolish. They haven’t even got close with Panarin and Bob. It’s foolish think to think that would change without their two best players.

No, and he's gone next season and they know it. They might never get a Panarin level player down the line with those low end 1st, it makes more sense to go in now when you have surefire talent rather than hope for a better roster in 3-5 years.

What's also stupid is staying in eternal re-tool/re-build, they sure have more talent they've ever had and unless you see them attaining more talent within the next 3 years then they have right now, the best move is go in now.

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
here’s the thing. if your all star goaltender and offensive leader are leaving, and they know they’ll miss the playoffs next year.

they just will.

so you rebuild and put together a pretty good team and then your players just leave without you ever getting a real shot at a cup run.... what do you do? i like that he knows this will be their only shot, so he’s gonna make sure it’s going to be their best shot. you already have next written off, just go for it.

Reactions: uncleben

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
@frank_seravalli
After trading for McQuaid, #CBJ have just a 3rd-round pick and Calgary’s 7th-round pick in this June’s draft. Might not even have to fly Vancouver.

LOL

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
It would actually be interesting as I doubt it has ever happened that a team had zero picks and could just skip the draft. LOL.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'm ok with an off year for the draft tbh. If you aren't holding a top 5 pick, odds are you aren't getting anything you don't already have in your pipeline.

I remember when Howson left us with 3 first round picks in the 2013 draft. What I don't remember is any significant contributions from those 3 players selected. (Wennberg, Rychel, Dano)

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
CBJ clearly the dumbest team in the league at this point. What a mess there.

Guessing Jarmo is fired this summer.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
50 Cent is going to play Jarmo Kekalainen in Get Rich or Die Tryin' 2

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Live look in CBJ front office:

AnchoredCourteousBluetickcoonhound-small.gif

Ad