GDT: CBJ @ Nashville | 8pm EST | "2013 Season Opener" Edition

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Johansen has some serious compete/defensive work ahead of him. He was a liability in the defensive zone, while being a asset on the breakout and in the offensive zone, however his defensive play almost cost this team the game a few times.

Disagree...I think he was solid in both zones tonight. Actually made a critical defensive zone play late in the game.

I was very impressed with Johansen, although it helps when you have linemates like he had tonight.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Nice game couple of observations after one game:

Top line is not good I blame Umberger (j/k even though I can't stand him he's the only one on the top line that played well).

New guys minus Dubinsky (sp) were good.

Johansen has some serious compete/defensive work ahead of him. He was a liability in the defensive zone, while being a asset on the breakout and in the offensive zone, however his defensive play almost cost this team the game a few times.

All four lines were capable tonight against a team that probably won't be that good this season IMO.

What game were you watching? Umberger was by far the worst on that line. Dubinsky was the worst new guy too. Johan played a great game offensively and defensively.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think Johansen, Tyutin, Nikitin, Anisimov, and Bobrovsky were incredible tonight. Aucoin was also very good. Dorsett and MacKenzie were also pretty solid. Other than that nobody stood out.

Everyone was hustling and everyone was going 100%. I love that. I love our new identity. Hopefully our #1 line gets going because they were the worst line on the ice for us.

SgtJoseph*

Not a lot to be critical of. Bob had a couple of shaky moments but was the man in the end. Good stuff.

During BOBS tenure with Philly, he at times would start off slow, but he is one of them players that seems to let the game come to him....tonights first goal may have looked like a bad one, but i really believe that shot was redirected which can be tough..BOB is 20 wins over 500 in his young career, which i think many folks have over looked......including my Flyers ?

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
What game were you watching? Umberger was by far the worst on that line. Dubinsky was the worst new guy too. Johan played a great game offensively and defensively.

The whole top line sucked, though Umberger was the better player. Watch the offensive flurry's by Nashville on us, quite a few times Johansen got schooled either in front of the net or off the wall. I watched the same game you did. Atkinson was a non factor, Brassard was a non factor, Umberger was a non factor. It's okay though, because they really aren't a #1 line, I'd put them as the 3A line behind the Anisimov and Johansen lines. Glad to get the win, on to the next.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
The whole top line sucked, though Umberger was the better player. Watch the offensive flurry's by Nashville on us, quite a few times Johansen got schooled either in front of the net or off the wall.

I also saw good neutral zone plays where he didn't try to force things. I'll respectfully disagree.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
The whole top line sucked, though Umberger was the better player. Watch the offensive flurry's by Nashville on us, quite a few times Johansen got schooled either in front of the net or off the wall. I watched the same game you did. Atkinson was a non factor, Brassard was a non factor, Umberger was a non factor. It's okay though, because they really aren't a #1 line, I'd put them as the 3A line behind the Anisimov and Johansen lines. Glad to get the win, on to the next.

They were mostly a non factor bc they were overmatched. Atkinson didn't give up all night even though he was overmatched. It's okay bc that opens up the Johan and Artie lines.

Renion

Feb 14, 2004
Nice game couple of observations after one game:

Top line is not good I blame Umberger (j/k even though I can't stand him he's the only one on the top line that played well).

New guys minus Dubinsky (sp) were good.

Agree with all of this except Umberger, who disappointed me tonight. Dubinsky has a lot more in him than he showed tonight. I saw the same positive plays from Johansen that everyone else saw, but I just don't feel like he has a high "compete" level. Seems to make a play, or fail at making a play, and then give up. Still, the talent is definitely there, though he didn't get a lot of chances to show it off tonight.

Hard to review a game like tonight's, as you can't tell how much is chemistry, rust, and so on. I didn't like the Jackets' play in their own zone, for the most part. Thought the D looked much better out of our zone. Same for the forwards.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think when they got down deep into our zone Johansen struggled, other than that I thought he played great defensively.

bizzz*

I'm not surprised by Anisimov's performance, I saw him at least 10 times playing for the Loko and team Russia this year. He doesn't need creative partners, he can create chances by himself.
Wiz and JMFJ looked raw, but that was predictable cause they didn't play any competitive hockey this season. They will get better. But they're not the 1st defensive pair on that team, Russians are.
Maybe we don't have stars on the team, but we've got a very entertaining, hardworking team that can be fancy at times. Those moves by Nikitin and Foligno were unexpected, but they were effective and efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paisano*

Geez, I hope Richards doesn't do something stupid, like start Mason against the things.....!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Freaking great win for the 30th preseason ranked team in the NHL.... keep it going Jackets, if you lose Monday I will be pissed...

Out

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
I'm sure Richards really regretted playing Tyutin after that "horrible" PK shift huh Timeless Winter?

You do realize we have a player here who not only is much better than when he first got here, but is quietly becoming one of our best players and one of the best statistical defensemen in the league. But I guess when you have a blind hate for a player he's going to have to have 10 all star nominations to change your mind.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Disagree...I think he was solid in both zones tonight. Actually made a critical defensive zone play late in the game.

I was very impressed with Johansen, although it helps when you have linemates like he had tonight.

I agree with you. Also, I thought his line was our best one tonight. I think all 3 are a good fit.

jktsfan*

4th in the West. As meaningless as it is at this point, I'll take it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: